Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 7, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #16,549 of 18,752
Damn, I keep getting "Connection to Poly Lost." Not sure what that is about. Can't really waste my day on this.

snip_20211207084441.png

Dec 7, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #16,555 of 18,752
Update seems to be working fine for me and went through seamlessly, first time. I've noticed that the embedded art and cover/folder files from the SD card are comming through in the MPD player I use (Rigelian) so that's been updated, too. All's good.
I'm a Rigelian user as well and the album art work is coming through fine for me :)
Embedded album artwork is the key thing that I have been waiting for with the new version.

Dec 7, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #16,556 of 18,752
Update seems to be working fine for me and went through seamlessly, first time. I've noticed that the embedded art and cover/folder files from the SD card are comming through in the MPD player I use (Rigelian) so that's been updated, too. All's good.

Nice this is what I've been waiting for to make use of the sdcard finally. Works well as a Roon end point before, so hope the improvements make it even more seamless.

Dec 7, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #16,557 of 18,752
Hi all,

We're pleased to announce that the latest version of Poly's firmware v3.0.0 is now available to download.

This essential firmware update for Poly exists as preparation for future product compatibility and includes the following changes:
  • Master control software updated.

• Config switch menu updated - new spoken menu with additional options.

• GATT server upgrades to suit Gofigure - improved communication protocol between Gofigure and Poly.

• Radio lists updated including BBC stations.

• Wi-Fi and network adjustments - improved network handling and switching.
  • SD card services and card mounting improved - faster indexing, improved categorisation of files.

• Status LEDs - additional LEDs to represent more detailed statuses including No Detection of DAC and Standby.

• Roon updates - generic RAAT.

• Quick play improvements - performance increases, better categorisation and metadata.

• Preparation for further incoming updates - ensuring future proofing.
Gofigure will remain unchanged at versions (iOS) v2.10(4) and (Android) v1.2.133.

To launch the update, make sure Poly is connected to an active wifi network, then open the 'device settings' page and launch the update.

*Please ensure that during the update process (rapid flashing multicoloured P.status LED) you do NOT attempt to use your Poly. The device will reboot multiple times. Please wait until the P.status has returned to a solid white charging light before attempting to connect.
Thanks. The update went very smoothly. I inserted a new SD card and indexed it. But GoFigure does not show a track count or any MPD playlist. It does correctly show the size and free space. I can also see all the folders using MPDluxe. Will the indexing and playlist functions be coming later?

Dec 7, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #16,558 of 18,752
Oh dang, this version of mpd server doesnt do embedded album art which is what all my files are. It only does album art from folders. sigh.

Dec 7, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #16,559 of 18,752
oh, looks like i found a way to quickly fix my album art issue with mp3tag. 😀

Edit: only reads jpg and not png files. This is more work than I want to do right now, as I have to sync everything over again.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #16,560 of 18,752
oh, looks like i found a way to quickly fix my album art issue with mp3tag. 😀

Edit: only reads jpg and not png files. This is more work than I want to do right now, as I have to sync everything over again.
The update also reads embedded artwork. That has been my approach for many years and am pleased to see it now in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back