Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 10, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #16,531 of 18,755
YouTube Music Download!? 🤷🏼‍♂️😅
Lol Sorry! Misspelled there!

@JaquesGelee @Another Audiophile
It's this one:

1636579735006.png

https://apps.apple.com/mx/app/yamd/id1497463063?l=en

It's very hidden within the AppStore...

Nov 10, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #16,532 of 18,755
Hi everyone, after almost 4 months, more or less, I’d recommend you guys get YAMD.app if you’re on iOS; by far on of the best apps for managing your poly. It’s free! I’ve been using Glider as well. But I always end up back in YAMD
Why do you prefer it to Glider?

Nov 11, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #16,533 of 18,755
I've been having a real problem with Roon playback on the Poly this week. I noticed that Roon recently updated to 1.8 (Build 831). Anyone else having recent problems out there as well?

Nov 11, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #16,535 of 18,755
I'd already tried restarting the core. Just tried restarting the router. Poly starts to play, but then skips songs (non-streaming local files) and finally poops out altogether. Usually the Poly works well with Roon, just not this week.

Thanks for letting me know it's working for you. Rules out a problem with the update.

Nov 11, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #16,537 of 18,755
Why do you prefer it to Glider?
Details. On Glider, you can play full albums but you cannot modify the album queue order or add other songs to the queue (Glider has no Queue other than the specified by the album/playlist) The UI on Glider is a bit clunky with slow loads sometimes. Something that really grinds my gears while using glider is that if for some reason I want to use another app, my phone's volume automatically maxes out through the speakers and if you lower the volume, the volume will be lowered on the mojo/poly as well, that doesn't happen with YAMD. If you close YAMD you can even keep the queue after turning off and on your mojo/poly (unless you change network).

Nov 11, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #16,538 of 18,755
I think that @NYanakiev was one of the beta testers of the software, so maybe he can suggest something.
Yes, indeed. I no longer have a Poly, however. On 2Go Roon playback is now foolproof after the latest update.
I wish I could do more to assist.

Nov 15, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #16,539 of 18,755
I found a decent alternative to the chord poly for now. I am using my hiby r3 saber as a mini stack connected directly to my chord mojo.

Nice and easy to use ldac Bluetooth from my smart phone. I can easily stream Spotify now as well as all my other streaming / listening methods.

And it all stacks really neatly.
PXL_20211115_085656568~2.jpg

Nov 29, 2021 at 1:08 AM Post #16,541 of 18,755
1638137616937.png
Just realized you can use the GoFigure App on a Mac with the M1 chip.
Very cool idea, though there's something not quite right about using such an unpolished and "un-delightful" app on such refined and delightful hardware :)

Dec 5, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #16,542 of 18,755
I was hoping the auto create playlist functionality would have been available before now, pita to do them manually, was thinking of writing a little app to do it …

Dec 7, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #16,544 of 18,755
Hi all,

We're pleased to announce that the latest version of Poly's firmware v3.0.0 is now available to download.

This essential firmware update for Poly exists as preparation for future product compatibility and includes the following changes:
  • Master control software updated.

• Config switch menu updated - new spoken menu with additional options.

• GATT server upgrades to suit Gofigure - improved communication protocol between Gofigure and Poly.

• Radio lists updated including BBC stations.

• Wi-Fi and network adjustments - improved network handling and switching.
  • SD card services and card mounting improved - faster indexing, improved categorisation of files.

• Status LEDs - additional LEDs to represent more detailed statuses including No Detection of DAC and Standby.

• Roon updates - generic RAAT.

• Quick play improvements - performance increases, better categorisation and metadata.

• Preparation for further incoming updates - ensuring future proofing.
Gofigure will remain unchanged at versions (iOS) v2.10(4) and (Android) v1.2.133.

To launch the update, make sure Poly is connected to an active wifi network, then open the 'device settings' page and launch the update.

*Please ensure that during the update process (rapid flashing multicoloured P.status LED) you do NOT attempt to use your Poly. The device will reboot multiple times. Please wait until the P.status has returned to a solid white charging light before attempting to connect.

Attachments

• Poly v3 socials.jpg
    Poly v3 socials.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 0
Dec 7, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #16,545 of 18,755
Hi all,

We're pleased to announce that the latest version of Poly's firmware v3.0.0 is now available to download.

This essential firmware update for Poly exists as preparation for future product compatibility and includes the following changes:
  • Master control software updated.

• Config switch menu updated - new spoken menu with additional options.

• GATT server upgrades to suit Gofigure - improved communication protocol between Gofigure and Poly.

• Radio lists updated including BBC stations.

• Wi-Fi and network adjustments - improved network handling and switching.
  • SD card services and card mounting improved - faster indexing, improved categorisation of files.

• Status LEDs - additional LEDs to represent more detailed statuses including No Detection of DAC and Standby.

• Roon updates - generic RAAT.

• Quick play improvements - performance increases, better categorisation and metadata.

• Preparation for further incoming updates - ensuring future proofing.
Gofigure will remain unchanged at versions (iOS) v2.10(4) and (Android) v1.2.133.

To launch the update, make sure Poly is connected to an active wifi network, then open the 'device settings' page and launch the update.

*Please ensure that during the update process (rapid flashing multicoloured P.status LED) you do NOT attempt to use your Poly. The device will reboot multiple times. Please wait until the P.status has returned to a solid white charging light before attempting to connect.
Glad to see Poly still being updated.

Hoping the "Preparation for further incoming updates - ensuring future proofing." Is to enable more features like Spotify Connect and not just for making it compatible with Mojo 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back