Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 25, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #16,486 of 18,752
With Andoid, is the Poly more or less OK now.

I realise that the Poly (or 2Go) need the phone connected by airplay or bluetooth, to play music. Like the phone has to be connected all the time. Unless you instruct Poly to play a playlist. ... However I don't mind that. I have a phone with a replaceable battery for just such reasons. (I will be able to use the phone as much as I want and easily replace the battery when needed.)

I don't really understand the Poly. I think we need Go-Figure to make the connection. I also thought I saw some posts where there was suggestion or hope that GoFigure would be a music player. Not sure if I read that right. ... Otherwise a music player is needed like Bubble unpn, I think it's called.

There's a vid on the Chord website to set it up, so I'd follow that.

What I am asking though is, is the Poly a relatively smooth ride now? Does it just power up and do its job nine-tumes-out-of-ten? ............ Or are there endemic problems?

E.g. I heard strange stuff on the 2Go thread about, you mustn't plug power into Hugo2Go when it's playing. Otherwise you end up with serious issues.

E.g. Poly issues like not charging. Or status lights not doing what they should.

I have kept up with the thread, but it's been a long time now and I haven't retained everything. ... Sorry if I am asking a lot.
Poly functions well now. No functional complaints, but with Android, certainly a big feature complaint. Chord never delivered Google Casting, which is highly limiting. As you said, you can play via BubbleUPNP but that doesn't work on the go (streaming or offline music), can only use for SD card playback.

Oct 26, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #16,487 of 18,752
Poly functions well now. No functional complaints, but with Android, certainly a big feature complaint. Chord never delivered Google Casting, which is highly limiting. As you said, you can play via BubbleUPNP but that doesn't work on the go (streaming or offline music), can only use for SD card playback.
I haven´t used the combo for month now and maybe i am wrong, but i remember that you could use your phone as a hotspot, use your internet at phone as well and play streamed music at the same time.
But again, maybe i remember wrong. I had a firmware update issue and my poly is maybe bricked, so i couldn´t test it.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #16,488 of 18,752
I haven´t used the combo for month now and maybe i am wrong, but i remember that you could use your phone as a hotspot, use your internet at phone as well and play streamed music at the same time.
But again, maybe i remember wrong. I had a firmware update issue and my poly is maybe bricked, so i couldn´t test it.
You still can with BubbleUPNP but there is no support for offline mode so you need a data plan with plenty of data, I have 160Gb PM which is enough for my usage.

If Chord could add support for Tidal Connect or QConnect (I believe its called), if Qobuz ever get that feature working then Chord's streamers would be Awesome, sadly I don't see that ever happening.

Oct 26, 2021 at 5:49 AM Post #16,489 of 18,752

Yeah for SD card playback only. I have no use for over the air streaming. I am only thinking about the phone and Poly staying connected for SD card playback.

I should have put that in my post above. Will do it now. Thank you.

Oct 26, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #16,490 of 18,752
Dear all,

Apologies for the lack of direct feedback here. We are very aware that there is an issue with our update server and have been working to resolve this. At the moment, we have no choice but to wait for our hosting company to make the required alterations as they are not something we can undertake ourselves. Amazon must certify our server before it is able to go live and return to normal operation. Unfortunately this has taken much longer than anticipated, and due to the lack of contact with Amazon directly, we are unable to enquire about the status of this certification.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this is causing to those of you who have not updated, or are experiencing adverse effects in their day-to-day use of the Poly, 2Go and GoFigure application.
We are hoping to have this resolved as quickly as possible and are ready to go live as soon as we have that certification.

The Chord Team

Oct 26, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #16,491 of 18,752
Dear all,

Apologies for the lack of direct feedback here. We are very aware that there is an issue with our update server and have been working to resolve this. At the moment, we have no choice but to wait for our hosting company to make the required alterations as they are not something we can undertake ourselves. Amazon must certify our server before it is able to go live and return to normal operation. Unfortunately this has taken much longer than anticipated, and due to the lack of contact with Amazon directly, we are unable to enquire about the status of this certification.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this is causing to those of you who have not updated, or are experiencing adverse effects in their day-to-day use of the Poly, 2Go and GoFigure application.
We are hoping to have this resolved as quickly as possible and are ready to go live as soon as we have that certification.

The Chord Team
I can see there is an update for gofigure (gofigure indeed) and 2go. Where is the poly update?

Oct 26, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #16,492 of 18,752
Ever since firmware update to 2.04 Chord has checked out on Poly. Bunch of BS claims that another firmware update is coming, although nothing but crickets. GoFigure’s last update was to add 2Go support. No clue on Android support, but since IOS 15 device settings is force closing when trying to access.

My enthusiasm for the company is gone as a result
I still like Chord's products but the devil will be wearing snow shoes before I ever trust them with something like a Poly. My dealer told me the 2Go was out I just laughed.

Oct 26, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #16,493 of 18,752
I can see there is an update for gofigure (gofigure indeed) and 2go. Where is the poly update?
I just asked again 4 months after my last enquiry, and got the same answer about servers and Amazon half an hour ago:

I'm sorry for the delay. At the moment, we cannot update either Poly or 2Go. We have no choice but to wait for our hosting company to make the required alterations as they are not something we can undertake ourselves. Amazon must certify our server before it is able to go live and return to normal operation. Unfortunately this has taken much longer than anticipated, and due to the lack of contact with Amazon directly, we are unable to enquire about the status of this certification.

We are hoping to have this resolved as quickly as possible and are ready to go live as soon as we have that certification. “

It’s not looking good is it? I’m not absolutely sure where Amazon comes into it?

Oct 26, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #16,496 of 18,752
What a mess. The update will come someday and my bet is that there will be no Spotify connect or any other meaningful change. If you charge premium you should offer premium.
The way things are going the new code for Poly could easily be outdated by changes/updates at Spotify for example, before we can get it installed.

If Chord’s hosting company is so slow to respond to requests from Chord, then perhaps Chord should be looking at other hosting companies?

I absolutely enjoy using my Mojo/Poly and my TT2, but this debacle is kinda turning me away from buying other Chord products in future.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #16,497 of 18,752
I honestly don't think I will be buying another chord product. I actually dig the design choices and I really enjoy the sound but as others have mentioned when you are paying such a premium you expect a flawless product.

It's probably my own fault for buying a product based on promises and not results. I just epxected more from Chord.

Oct 28, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #16,499 of 18,752
PLease to recap then, is Poly stable with SD-card playback only, with Android.

Are issues like status lights not showing up, or Mojo not charging when Poly is connected. .. Are those types of problems solved? Please folks.

Oct 28, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #16,500 of 18,752
PLease to recap then, is Poly stable with SD-card playback only, with Android.

Are issues like status lights not showing up, or Mojo not charging when Poly is connected. .. Are those types of problems solved? Please folks.
I use poly with the sd card and streaming via Roon without any problems whatsoever. It is has been fully functional since 2.04. Still, an update will hopefully bring some improvements, e.g. mpd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back