Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 7, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #16,456 of 18,669
Hi everyone! I've been using my poly for a while now, but something that I haven't been able to find is a good MPD player for Mac, the closest that I've used has been Perisphone, and the issue that I have with it is that while it works, it doesn't load any of my album artwork. Maybe it's a nitpick, but It kind of sucks not being able to see the different artworks. Any recommendations?
If your mac is a newer one with the M1 chip you can actually install and run iOS apps now. I'm the developer of MaximumMPD and have it running on my M1 Mac Mini. I would expect you can do the same with other iOS MPD clients if they don't disable M1 install

Oct 7, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #16,457 of 18,669
I've settled on Rigelian (2 months free and a very cheap yearly sub) as my go-to MPD Poly player for the Mac and iOS. As has been mentioned a few times here, the version of MPD currently on the Poly doesn't allow players to pull the artwork from the files on the SD card but Rigelian will alternatively source art from Discogs and/or MusicBrainz. Sometimes I get a few bizarre choices of art but until Poly gets an update that's good enough for me.
I use Cantata on the Mac.
Thank you so much for the recommendations I'll try them both!!
If your mac is a newer one with the M1 chip you can actually install and run iOS apps now. I'm the developer of MaximumMPD and have it running on my M1 Mac Mini. I would expect you can do the same with other iOS MPD clients if they don't disable M1 install
I wish I had... man I feel like I played myself because I got the 16' just a few months before the reveal of the M1's because I thought the curve of software adaptation would be steep. would you look at the current state... I don't think it's possible but I'll check if there is a way to run ios apps on x86 based architectures.

Edit: It's not possible. Sad times.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back