Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 24, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #15,886 of 18,669
Okay, Tidal is very afraid of Spotify HiFi and they are offering some absurdly low prices right now. So I grabbed the $3 for 3 months deal at Best Buy currently. Turns out Tidal+mConnect is a silver bullet... It doesn't work perfectly, but it succeeds in feeding a wireless HiFi streaming service to the Poly. Pretty massive difference between Tidal HiFi and anything over AirPlay. I'm happy.

However — I need a desktop app that works as well as mConnect. Does that mean I need to pay for Roon or Audirvana to get a mConnect-style experience with that sweet sweet sweet Tidal integration? Any cheaper options? Thanks all.

Feb 24, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #15,887 of 18,669
as an early adopter of Roon, I cannot speak of it highly enough... works perfectly with tidal. I tried it with their one month free trial, and paid the lifetime membership third day into the trial. It is getting also getting better with each amjor release.

however, as indicated above, I had serious problems with poly though.

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #15,889 of 18,669
Ultimately I am really happy with my Poly... assuming that Tidal and Qobuz are here to stay, lol. Poly is a cruel toy; you have to bite the bullet and give it Tidal or Qobuz AND Audirvana or Roon.
But honestly, that's not so bad. Competition in the streaming space means Tidal is offering great deals on 1 year subs and Audirvana is a one-time expense. You can also muddle through with mConnect to save a bit.
Chord is still marketing Poly, so one would really hope they'll work to add more streaming options.

Mar 3, 2021 at 2:07 AM Post #15,890 of 18,669
Ultimately I am really happy with my Poly... assuming that Tidal and Qobuz are here to stay, lol. Poly is a cruel toy; you have to bite the bullet and give it Tidal or Qobuz AND Audirvana or Roon.
But honestly, that's not so bad. Competition in the streaming space means Tidal is offering great deals on 1 year subs and Audirvana is a one-time expense. You can also muddle through with mConnect to save a bit.
Chord is still marketing Poly, so one would really hope they'll work to add more streaming options.
Audirvana Remote App works with Poly?

Mar 3, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #15,891 of 18,669
I'm a new user of Mojo/Poly, having come from a FiiOQ5s, and like you I'm really happy too. For sure the Q5s is a whole let easier and quicker to use with bluetooth and an iPhone, but now I've figured out the Poly's and iPhone hotspot connections the sonic improvements are definitely worth it! I found MConnect by far the easiest to use - 8player seems so awkward by comparison. The integration with Tidal works well enough.

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #15,893 of 18,669
Yeah, Audirvana will decode MQA to 88.2/96 kHz and play to the Poly.

Right now I am awfully tempted by Roon — I have a bunch of Sonos stuff and Roon is a way better Sonos controller than the native app.
Nice, thank you for information. I am actually testing BubbleUPnP, Hifi-Cast, mconnect, mcontrol, M.A.L.P., AK Connect and now Audirvana.

Mar 4, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #15,894 of 18,669
Having worked my way through the thread I thought I would just say that I find the Poly/Mojo superb.

I bought the Mojo to use away from home and like the result streaming from my laptop. When I saw a second hand Poly I thought I would give it a go. What I didn't expect was how much more I am enjoying the music through this tiny streamer into the Mojo.

I am using my Android phone (Bubbleupnp) > Mojo/Poly (WiFi) > Sennheisser HD250 Linear II.

I use Qobuz set up through GoFigure.

Setup straightforward, sound quality excellent.

At home I use either:
>The Chord TT in a nearfield system > Naim NAP140 > LS3/5a; or
>Meridian 210 > M-Scaler > Qutest > Icon 4 > Naim NAP300DR > Naim SBLs.

Whilst I would pick my main system as the best I love all three of these, and find certain music which I prefer through each.

Mar 5, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #15,896 of 18,669
Judging by yesterdays news of the Square Tidal takeover I'd say it's here to stay!!
So I guess this means Stripe buys Qobuz? It seems every e-commerce payment processor must now acquire a high-res music streaming service.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #15,897 of 18,669
Judging by yesterdays news of the Square Tidal takeover I'd say it's here to stay!!
Interesting timing! I think Tidal found a good home... Dorsey is a starf*cker and he'll treat it well. But it only sold for $300M which kinda proves my point. There are thousands of billionaires and hedge funds that could buy and sell the two Poly-compatible streaming services, which makes the situation a little fragile and unsure. But the recent news is reassuring!

Mar 6, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #15,898 of 18,669
Is there a way to lock Poly volume when streaming over AirPlay? This option exists in Shairport for example (example below) and I prefer to control volume via the Mojo rather than the source. Occasionally I may accidentally change the volume on my iPhone, iPad or bump the digital crown on my watch which will result in reduced volume.

ignore_volume_control = "no"; // set this to "yes" if you want the volume to be at 100% no matter what the source's volume control is set to.

Mar 6, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #15,899 of 18,669
Interesting timing! I think Tidal found a good home... Dorsey is a starf*cker and he'll treat it well. But it only sold for $300M which kinda proves my point. There are thousands of billionaires and hedge funds that could buy and sell the two Poly-compatible streaming services, which makes the situation a little fragile and unsure. But the recent news is reassuring!
I think nfts and music are gonna suck.

Mar 8, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #15,900 of 18,669
Has Chord made any statements lately that would indicate that development on Poly/2Go is still active? Any reason to expect features and functionality beyond what's available today? cc @Matt Bartlett

Edit: For example, I have seen some speculation/questions around Tidal/Qobuz connect. If development has been abandoned then these are unlikely to be delivered.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back