Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 30, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #15,781 of 18,742
No issues of note here with an iPhone 12 Pro either...

@LeeMark feel free to drop me a PM- happy to help

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #15,782 of 18,742
No issues of note here with an iPhone 12 Pro either...

@LeeMark feel free to drop me a PM- happy to help
Can you tell us the steps you took to make it work? Perhaps we are missing the secret step that enables everything. We are talking about the use case where the Poly connects to the iPhone hotspot as the network and mconnect can see it as renderer so that you can play music to it. And, I don't mean with airplay. I mean tidal direct to the poly using mconnect as controller, not airplay streamer.

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #15,783 of 18,742
Can you tell us the steps you took to make it work? Perhaps we are missing the secret step that enables everything. We are talking about the use case where the Poly connects to the iPhone hotspot as the network and mconnect can see it as renderer so that you can play music to it. And, I don't mean with airplay. I mean tidal direct to the poly using mconnect as controller, not airplay streamer.

That is exactly what I use when out and about. Mostly via MConnect Pro.
I am also able to access 5G through my iPhone 12 Pro on the process.

Steps were pretty simple:

1) Make sure that Poly is in Everything Else mode in GF.
2) Give your iPhone a simple enough name (in Settings to enter in GoFigure as a new network) and a unique password to go into GF.
3) Enable Personal Hotspot on your phone and observe it go blue in the top right hand corner, meaning that Poly has successfully connected (happens instantaneously for me);

Done

EDIT: I mostly use Rigelian, which is an absolutely fantastic app for SD card playback and radio (where you can add your own high quality radio streams)

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #15,784 of 18,742

2) Give your iPhone a simple enough name (in Settings to enter in GoFigure as a new network) and a unique password to go into GF.
3) Enable Personal Hotspot on your phone and observe it go blue in the top right hand corner, meaning that Poly has successfully connected (happens instantaneously for me);

Done

EDIT: I mostly use Rigelian, which is an absolutely fantastic app for SD card playback and radio (where you can add your own high quality radio streams)

I was on the fence about Rigelian early in its development cycle. I recently went back and it has matured nicely. If I had any feature request it would be some lock screen functionality. Other than that, Rigelian is now well worth the 3 and a half bucks I dropped for a one year subscription

Dec 30, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #15,785 of 18,742
I was on the fence about Rigelian early in its development cycle. I recently went back and it has matured nicely. If I had any feature request it would be some lock screen functionality. Other than that, Rigelian is now well worth the 3 and a half bucks I dropped for a one year subscription

I am now into my second year of being subscribed. Works great with both Poly and 2Go (not that 2Go leaves my flat anyway- it is a Roon machine, really!)

Dec 30, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #15,786 of 18,742

Done

Seems straight forward enough. I think I'll try it later when I have more time. I am home now, so it might be easier to test.

Do you turn wifi off on your iPhone? This may be where there is an issue for me.

Dec 30, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #15,788 of 18,742
I have been reading the thread and it has left me even more concerned.

I am currently considering 2 DACs. One being the mojo with poly.

What is the current user experience on Android.

I am quite competent with Android, upnp, dnla etc etc. So if it has quirks that is fine, so long as it's not "broken"

Dec 30, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #15,789 of 18,742

I am quite competent with Android, upnp, dnla etc etc. So if it has quirks that is fine, so long as it's not "broken"
It works. It's just quirky and doesn't maintain connectivity. It's annoying enough that I am going to try a DAP in lieu of the 2go to see which experience is better.

Dec 30, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #15,791 of 18,742
Connectivity issues are frustrating.
Do they exist across iOS as well or just primarily android?
I don't own an Android device so my issues are with my iPHone.

edited to note: I re-read you question and see it is related to Android. Sorry, I misread your question.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #15,792 of 18,742

I am using an LG G5 with Android 8.0. I have no connectivity or playing issues, either from NAS or SD card, regardless of connection mode. I mainly use BubbleUPnP, Hi-Fi Cast and M.A.L.P. However, I do not use any streaming services so cannot comment. BUT Gofigure does not work. It used to work on Android 7.1. Suggest you ask about your particular Android device and OS.

Dec 30, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #15,793 of 18,742
When you engage the hotspot on your iPhone it should disconnect from whatever it was connected to and become a Wi-Fi router

When I am home, my iPhone is connected to my home network. When I turn on hotspot from my iPhone, it remains connected to my home network. I need to see what happens when a device connects to the hotspot to see if it disengages the home network.

Dec 30, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #15,794 of 18,742
I am using an LG G5 with Android 8.0. I have no connectivity or playing issues, either from NAS or SD card, regardless of connection mode. I mainly use BubbleUPnP, Hi-Fi Cast and M.A.L.P. However, I do not use any streaming services so cannot comment. BUT Gofigure does not work. It used to work on Android 7.1. Suggest you ask about your particular Android device and OS.

Hey there,

Thanks, I am running a pixel 5.

Does GoFigure still work in order to setup the device? Or literally doesnt work at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back