Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 17, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #15,316 of 18,669
Been wanting to ask this, i have the mojo/poly connected to a stereo receiver setup... is there a difference sq wise if i am using mconnect on iphone then using tidal integration on mconnect compared to the tidal app running on iphone then connected via airplay on the poly? Say i am using flac quality on tidal... reason i asked is that mconnect’s tidal integration is not that user friendly compared to just using the tidal app itself.. thanks in advance

May 17, 2020 at 10:48 PM Post #15,317 of 18,669
Been wanting to ask this, i have the mojo/poly connected to a stereo receiver setup... is there a difference sq wise if i am using mconnect on iphone then using tidal integration on mconnect compared to the tidal app running on iphone then connected via airplay on the poly? Say i am using flac quality on tidal... reason i asked is that mconnect’s tidal integration is not that user friendly compared to just using the tidal app itself.. thanks in advance

Some people are saying that the Tidal app "colours the sound" or adds DSP to their music. I haven't really found that to be the case myself. I'm happy with how Tidal looks and sounds.

May 18, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #15,318 of 18,669
The resolution limit for AirPlay is 24/48. If you are playing back higher resolution files over AirPlay, they will be down-sampled to fit. This could impact quality.

May 20, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #15,323 of 18,669
I should add that this feature doesn't work perfectly every time. Sometimes, I've had to restart the browser for it to kick in.

To check you iOS version, open Settings, then select General>About.

Not getting that notification to use cellular. Tried both chrome and safari with no luck. I guess I'll just stick to using.my phone as a hotspot so I can retain my data.. unless you have a better solution?

May 20, 2020 at 11:20 PM Post #15,324 of 18,669
Not getting that notification to use cellular. Tried both chrome and safari with no luck. I guess I'll just stick to using.my phone as a hotspot so I can retain my data.. unless you have a better solution?

Here's a YouTube on the specifics.

May 21, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #15,326 of 18,669
Tidal simply stopped working for my personal playlists only on poly in upnp, doesn't matter which app nor whether ios/Android (I tried everything other than a reset of poly, including an ipad) and as my phone is an android type, I can't do hi-res cast simply, I don't want to go through the factory reset as I am worried that I would have to go through upgrading it too 2.0 again.... as an aside the Android GoFigure app need alot of debugging as it doesn't work consistently

May 22, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #15,327 of 18,669
Tidal simply stopped working for my personal playlists only on poly in upnp, doesn't matter which app nor whether ios/Android (I tried everything other than a reset of poly, including an ipad) and as my phone is an android type, I can't do hi-res cast simply, I don't want to go through the factory reset as I am worried that I would have to go through upgrading it too 2.0 again.... as an aside the Android GoFigure app need alot of debugging as it doesn't work consistently
Tidal integration has been flakey in most apps lately, they must have changed something. Check later today to see if it’s fixed, as mine and others is now fixed, but I’m not using poly, I’m using roon.

May 22, 2020 at 4:01 AM Post #15,328 of 18,669
Factory reset does not set the firmware back to earlier version.

May 22, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #15,329 of 18,669

Last week my Android phone & Poly just wouldn't play. I got so fed up I uninstalled Gofigure, and reinstalled. No joy. Like you, I was reluctant to factory reset (more to do with WIFI settings being lost). I bit the bullet. Did the reset, and it has been in use everyday since. I can confirm you do NOT lose the firmware version. It stuck with 2.04.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back