Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 30, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #14,881 of 18,669
I see. So with the native Tidal app you do get 96k playback over USB?

I am running into the same issues with Mconnect.

Yes you need additional software built into the playback software to decode the MQA compression. The alternative is to use another streaming service such as Qobuz which streams high resolution natively without the need for any additional decoding or conversion.

Jan 30, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #14,882 of 18,669
Yes you need additional software built into the playback software to decode the MQA compression. The alternative is to use another streaming service such as Qobuz which streams high resolution natively without the need for any additional decoding or conversion.

Ok thanks. I will switch over to Qobuz then after my trail of Tidal ends.

Feb 2, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #14,883 of 18,669
Hey all! I’ve just experienced and issue where my Poly was low in power (red flashing light) so I turned it off and charged it over night. The following morning Poly won’t turn on at all. The battery indicator won’t illuminate when you connect it to a charger. I left it a couple of days in case it needed to discharge but it is still totally dead. I have tried charging it separately from mojo too. Mojo will still charge through Poly though.

Is this a known issue? Is there something I can do to bring Poly back to life? I had a look through the forum but might have missed something?

Feb 2, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #14,884 of 18,669
Hey all! I’ve just experienced and issue where my Poly was low in power (red flashing light) so I turned it off and charged it over night. The following morning Poly won’t turn on at all. The battery indicator won’t illuminate when you connect it to a charger. I left it a couple of days in case it needed to discharge but it is still totally dead. I have tried charging it separately from mojo too. Mojo will still charge through Poly though.

Is this a known issue? Is there something I can do to bring Poly back to life? I had a look through the forum but might have missed something?
Sounds unusual to me. Email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and see what they suggest.

Feb 2, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #14,885 of 18,669
Ok thanks. I will switch over to Qobuz then after my trail of Tidal ends.
I am also in the trial period with Tidal. Last night I signed up for the trial of Qobuz and am now able to listen to 96k /192k wirelessly. Sold! I contacted Tidal and told them I am signing up for qobuz and explained my reason why. I hope they catch up.

Feb 3, 2020 at 2:49 AM Post #14,886 of 18,669
Feb 5, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #14,887 of 18,669
I previously posted about my Poly always searching for Wifi even when it’s turned off. Anybody know of a fix for this? Blue and green Wifi search lights are always flashing or active on my Poly; killing the battery I’m guessing.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #14,888 of 18,669
I previously posted about my Poly always searching for Wifi even when it’s turned off. Anybody know of a fix for this? Blue and green Wifi search lights are always flashing or active on my Poly; killing the battery I’m guessing.

Is your Poly plugged into the charger or is this when it is running on battery only and Mojo is switched off? When on charge Poly is always on so that it takes less time to boot up when you switch Mojo on. This doesn't affect the battery life as once it reaches full charge the battery charging stops.

Feb 5, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #14,889 of 18,669

same issue. Onlydifference was that I waspressing The config button to enter into hotspot mode, and the poly just died on me. Now the led just wouldn’tturn on no matter what. I’ve tried draining the mojo and poly connected and recharging it. Tried 1A 2A chargers. It just won’t turn On.
I reached out to the support email and after a few questions, the staff simply pointed me to the dealer to get it checked out.
Which sank my heart because I am in Malaysia and I don’t know where I can go to seek for assistance. I bought the poly in Japan from an audiophile (was working perfectly fine for a week).
Completely disappointed.

Feb 5, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #14,890 of 18,669
same issue. Onlydifference was that I waspressing The config button to enter into hotspot mode, and the poly just died on me. Now the led just wouldn’tturn on no matter what. I’ve tried draining the mojo and poly connected and recharging it. Tried 1A 2A chargers. It just won’t turn On.
I reached out to the support email and after a few questions, the staff simply pointed me to the dealer to get it checked out.
Which sank my heart because I am in Malaysia and I don’t know where I can go to seek for assistance. I bought the poly in Japan from an audiophile (was working perfectly fine for a week).
Completely disappointed.

Can you try this.
Disconnect Poly from Mojo. Then with Poly on it's own plug the micro USB charger cable in. Leave it for 5 seconds then unplug the cable and then plug the cable back in. Leave it like this for up to 6 hours to see what happens. It could just be a really low battery that needs conditioning first.

Feb 5, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #14,891 of 18,669
WOW- switching between Roon and Everything Else mode no longer requires Poly to restart!! How awesome is this?!
Loving the Poly-Roon experience overall- well done @ChordElectronics @Matt Bartlett

I can only imagine how good 2Go for Hugo 2 will be.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #14,893 of 18,669
If you check the photo in this post it mentions 'for Hugo 2 and more'.
Does this mean the 2Go will work with other Chord dacs if one uses a cable?
Hopefully we will find out soon.

Interesting. In all honesty, with Poly so good, I would hope 2Gogoes above and beyond what Poly does.

Hugo 2 isn’t portable enough to justify a 2Go purchase that enables the same/similar functionality as Poly. I am very much used to listening to H2 in desktop mode.

I look forward to the announcement!

Feb 5, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #14,894 of 18,669
Can you try this.
Disconnect Poly from Mojo. Then with Poly on it's own plug the micro USB charger cable in. Leave it for 5 seconds then unplug the cable and then plug the cable back in. Leave it like this for up to 6 hours to see what happens. It could just be a really low battery that needs conditioning first.

okay I’ll try it. I just tried Charging it for 8 hours (separate from the mojo). The poly itself is warm,but it’s still not turning on. I tried the 5 second method you recommended but there’s still no light. I’ll leave it for 6 hours and see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back