Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 28, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #14,176 of 18,752
This isn't a known issue or at least I have not been made aware of anything like this. It sounds like your database file might be corrupted. Are you able to delete all the database files from your SD card and then put it back into Poly and let it rebuild the database. You will see the P status light flash multiple colours to indicate the database rebuild. See if that fixes the issue for you.
I tried to delete mpd file and then put again to poly but it instantly flashes green light for a fiew secoonds and in general settings i see mpd playlists total songs and status dlna dba - idle. Refresh does not put it to indexing mode. How to force to reindex?

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #14,177 of 18,752
Apologies for the late reply. It was a holiday weekend here in the UK so I've been away.
I see that this has mostly been answered. At the moment no you can't directly copy
files to and from the SD card whilst in Poly.
However it is possible to see and play the music stored on the SD card whilst in Poly
using J River MC as Poly will just appear as a DLNA/UPnP server.

Ahem, UK implies all of great britain, Scotland does not have the same August Bank Holiday Monday, whilst england was closed for business, as usual us Scots had to pick up the slack and continued to work on Monday.

Well, apart from me :)

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #14,178 of 18,752
I tried to delete mpd file and then put again to poly but it instantly flashes green light for a fiew secoonds and in general settings i see mpd playlists total songs and status dlna dba - idle. Refresh does not put it to indexing mode. How to force to reindex?

You also need to delete art-cache and SD free space files. Then insert the SD card and reboot Poly. After around 30s it should automatically re-index all the files.

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #14,179 of 18,752
Ahem, UK implies all of great britain, Scotland does not have the same August Bank Holiday Monday, whilst england was closed for business, as usual us Scots had to pick up the slack and continued to work on Monday.

Haha! Fair point.
Although I think you might be being slightly unfair as I believe Scotland gains an extra holiday for St Andrew's day so technically it is us that have to work an extra day. :smile_phones:

Aug 28, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #14,180 of 18,752
You also need to delete art-cache and SD free space files. Then insert the SD card and reboot Poly. After around 30s it should automatically re-index all the files.
There is only MPD file. Tried again to delete it and put into powered of poly (no light) and turn on and go to gofigure, it just sees all song and again and dba status - idle. Though i did not see multiple color flashing indexing procedure that poly must do. My library is 140gb 1200 songs music files, 84 playlists. Problem is not solved for the moment. Playlist appear but if i scroll down and up, the upper playlist lost their alphabetical sort and bryan adams for ex. playlist which i see plays actualy norah jones (then it corrects palylist name that actuali is norah jones). Hope you understood me.

Aug 28, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #14,181 of 18,752
I'd like to report issue with GOFigure quick play playlist show. Problem is that after i load refresh playlist and scroll down up and switch between them it always happens that some playlists are playing not the tracks inside them but completely new playlist. In short - playlist names messes up. Also total amount of playlist also is getting lost. I have each time to reload playlists. After few of them got played i cant find my playlist which is simply gone from list. Again reload does job...

I think Gofigure on next update needs to sort this out. Its annoying and takes extra time from user.

@Matt Bartlett Thank you very much for readresing this issue if its unknown.

I’m having similar issues. I wonder if your mpd client you used to make the playlist is the culprit.

Curious to see how this plays out.

Aug 28, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #14,182 of 18,752
I’m having similar issues. I wonder if your mpd client you used to make the playlist is the culprit.

Curious to see how this plays out.
I used Foobar to export playlist (m3u) to root SD card. then i used notepad to open and replace all "\" to "/" and save over. Thats it. Simple and fast way to create palylist which work. But i dont think that is the problem of foobar neither your app mentioned. I think something with gofigure is wrong. MPD sort order or memory out of the screen scroll. WHat i see in the gofigure playlist scroll is 7lines and they never get mixed up. But if i scroll down to see others, playlist lost their alphabetical sort order and mixes up names.

THen i swipe reload playlists and folow the list down below i see all 84 playlist in a correct way to appear. But, scrolling up shows that they mixed up .

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #14,185 of 18,752
Hi Matt, strange, it worked for me via VLC on my laptop. I'm travelling so will try tonight.
Is there a fixed character limit within gofigure for URL's?

Ok just let me know. There is no fixed limit for the URL and I tried the original link you sent over and there was no problem putting it into Gofigure.
Not that it mattered as the link would work for me anyway but the link you had is a playlist file .pls. Gofigure needs the actual streaming source file
to work correctly.

Aug 28, 2019 at 6:37 AM Post #14,186 of 18,752
I used Foobar to export playlist (m3u) to root SD card. then i used notepad to open and replace all "\" to "/" and save over. Thats it. Simple and fast way to create palylist which work. But i dont think that is the problem of foobar neither your app mentioned. I think something with gofigure is wrong. MPD sort order or memory out of the screen scroll. WHat i see in the gofigure playlist scroll is 7lines and they never get mixed up. But if i scroll down to see others, playlist lost their alphabetical sort order and mixes up names.

THen i swipe reload playlists and folow the list down below i see all 84 playlist in a correct way to appear. But, scrolling up shows that they mixed up .

This might be a speed issue with the BLE transfer from Poly to phone but I'm not sure. I'll run some tests to see if I can identify anything. Can you confirm whether you are using Apple or Android please.

Aug 28, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #14,187 of 18,752
This might be a speed issue with the BLE transfer from Poly to phone but I'm not sure. I'll run some tests to see if I can identify anything. Can you confirm whether you are using Apple or Android please.
I am using Android Samsung Galaxy A6, Andorid 9.0 OS,
BLuetooth specs:
AVRCP 1.4 (default) (other options - 1,3, 1,5, 1,6)
PBAP 1.2

Aug 28, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #14,188 of 18,752
I am using Android Samsung Galaxy A6, Andorid 9.0 OS,
BLuetooth specs:
AVRCP 1.4 (default) (other options - 1,3, 1,5, 1,6)
PBAP 1.2

Thanks.
Can you just try something for me.
Scroll down your list of playlists but before selecting a new playlist just wait for a few seconds. The try to see what happens. This might confirm whether it is just the BLE between the phone and Poly trying to keep up.

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #14,189 of 18,752

I live and work in Scotland and was off for the Bank Holiday. Like the original post, you can't apply sweeping generalisations to Bank Holidays. e.g. Scotland has a holiday on 2nd January, yet I have to work on the 2nd. Go figure. (no pun intended)

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #14,190 of 18,752
Thanks.
Can you just try something for me.
Scroll down your list of playlists but before selecting a new playlist just wait for a few seconds. The try to see what happens. This might confirm whether it is just the BLE between the phone and Poly trying to keep up.
Just did it.
Procedure i did.
1. Loaded all playlist and waited for line to finnish.
2. Scrolled down slowly - Everything is in normal order down bellow to last one.
3. Did not select play - but go slowly up and palylist mixes up - all of them some in order some dissapear.

In conclusion scrolling down up is not keeping it in memmory or smthing in my words. Whats out of screen (those 7 lines) down or up is starting to loose theyr order.

Just loaded:
1. Start of playlists
https://i.ibb.co/2SNGs0T/Screenshot-20190828-140236.jpg
2. End
https://i.ibb.co/ypTCw1T/Screenshot-20190828-140249.jpg
3. again up (see different order and playlists too)
https://i.ibb.co/TkGLw0Y/Screenshot-20190828-140253.jpg
4. again bottom (see again different)
https://i.ibb.co/1G6Z6G4/Screenshot-20190828-140301.jpg

Hope we can sort this out :)
Really onteresting if apple users has it.
Hope chord buys me apple in that case too :D if there is some type of reward as facebbok has for error and safety issues detection :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back