Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 14, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #14,086 of 18,741
@Matt Bartlett

Matt

Perhaps you can help

Poly... fully updated. No probs.

2 nights ago was listening to some music on Roon... Poly dropped... disappeared form network.

Now it is not found by anything... gofigure does not see it.

This has not happened before

What's up?
Double check it’s not in Roon mode?
How do you confirm that’s it’s not on the network ?

Aug 14, 2019 at 3:00 AM Post #14,087 of 18,741
@Matt Bartlett

Matt

Perhaps you can help

Poly... fully updated. No probs.

2 nights ago was listening to some music on Roon... Poly dropped... disappeared form network.

Now it is not found by anything... gofigure does not see it.

This has not happened before

What's up?

What is the P status light doing?

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #14,092 of 18,741
@Matt Bartlett
Hi Matt. I am on the fence of ordering a Poly, though the way it works still is a bit blurry to me.
I am a Qobuz Sublime and Neil Young Archives subscriber, iPhone user. I am not paying Qobuz and Archives Hi-Res subscription for CD quality files to be honest, Airplay is therefore in many cases not an option.
I understand I should be using a DLNA app to stream content from my phone to the Poly (Glider on iPhone seems to be well received, but I am happy with suggestions for other apps).
How can I make sure that my streamed files from any of the services I am subscribing to show that beautiful blue light (when applicable) on the Mojo?
Sorry for the noob question, I made my own research but could not get a definitive answer.

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #14,093 of 18,741
@Matt Bartlett
Hi Matt. I am on the fence of ordering a Poly, though the way it works still is a bit blurry to me.
I am a Qobuz Sublime and Neil Young Archives subscriber, iPhone user. I am not paying Qobuz and Archives Hi-Res subscription for CD quality files to be honest, Airplay is therefore in many cases not an option.
I understand I should be using a DLNA app to stream content from my phone to the Poly (Glider on iPhone seems to be well received, but I am happy with suggestions for other apps).
How can I make sure that my streamed files from any of the services I am subscribing to show that beautiful blue light (when applicable) on the Mojo?
Sorry for the noob question, I made my own research but could not get a definitive answer.

You should consider Roon. It works very well with Qobuz. I find it more stable than DLNA applications.

If you want to stick to DLNA, try mconnect. You can use the Qobuz function built in to the Poly or use mconnect’s implementation. Both work pretty good. Glider’s app support is non existent going on for the past year.

I’m not familiar with the Neil Young archives.

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #14,094 of 18,741
You should consider Roon. It works very well with Qobuz. I find it more stable than DLNA applications.

If you want to stick to DLNA, try mconnect. You can use the Qobuz function built in to the Poly or use mconnect’s implementation. Both work pretty good. Glider’s app support is non existent going on for the past year.

I’m not familiar with the Neil Young archives.
Thanks for the quick update. Isn't Roon yet another subscription (and a costly one I must add, 119$/year)? Unless there is another Roon going on than the one I am thinking about...

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #14,095 of 18,741
Thanks for the quick update. Isn't Roon yet another subscription (and a costly one I must add, 119$/year)? Unless there is another Roon going on than the one I am thinking about...

Yep. Lifetime will cost you $500. Worth every penny. Especially if you are concerned with getting the highest quality streaming to your device.

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #14,096 of 18,741
Yep. Lifetime will cost you $500. Worth every penny. Especially if you are concerned with getting the highest quality streaming to your device.
$500 on top of the Poly price is something I must really think about. Is getting rid of the Apple CCK worth $1000? I have no problem paying an app $10-20 over the Poly, $500 is quite a stretch though!

Aug 14, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #14,097 of 18,741
$500 on top of the Poly price is something I must really think about. Is getting rid of the Apple CCK worth $1000? I have no problem paying an app $10-20 over the Poly, $500 is quite a stretch though!

Agreed. I bought it for streaming to multiple devices. The Poly is my portable endpoint. $500 just for using the poly alone is a little much.

That being said, I can’t notice a dramatic difference between CD lossless and HiRes on any components on any of my systems. Right now using mconnect, you can stream all the HiRes off of Qobuz and your own library. If I’m understanding you correctly, only your Neil Young Archive stuff will be Airplay.

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #14,098 of 18,741
@Matt Bartlett

Hi and welcome!
I see that Daniel has already answered and pretty much said what I would recommend at the moment. MConnect is a good all round DLNA player with Qobuz and Tidal integration and will work on the go. Roon on the other hand is better suited for use at home and has a whole host of features. Many customers consider it to be the best all in one audio player but yes there is a price to pay for having both the quality and convenience in one package. You get a free trial of Roon when you buy Poly so it will cost you nothing to try it out to see what it can do.
One thing I should point out is that both these players require internet access to play Qobuz content. On the go if you play Hi-Res content this will eat through your data plan pretty quickly.
Offline content when no internet access is required is only supported via the Qobuz app. However then you can only use Airplay which means CD quality playback.
I personally don't find this to be a problem as when I'm out CD quality is fine and then when I'm at home or in the office I can stream at 192KHz full Hi-Res which is great.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #14,099 of 18,741
There is a free trial of roon? I must have missed that. How long is it for, and what criteria do you have to meet to trial it?

Aug 14, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #14,100 of 18,741
Yes!!! I found out that the seller had failed to test for software screwups, apparently the software on it was completely out of sync with what the chord servers said was on it, as well as completely screwed up for what it said it had... So I contacted them, started a return and bought another one from a different seller, now I powered it up, connected successfully with my oneplus 6t first try, and successfully, again first try, started the update on this chord poly using gofigure!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back