Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 21, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #13,636 of 18,750
The issue was related to the means that the Poly used to detect a live mojo. The original poly needed to detect a specific voltage from the mojo, before switching on. If the poly was connected to a mojo with a newish battery, the mojo when switched on was able to build up to that specific voltage quickly, and the Poly switched on quickly. However if the mojo had an old battery that was past its best, the mojo would take longer to build up to that specific voltage, and it could take minutes for the Poly to switch on.
The solution was for Chord to modify the poly, so that it just needed to sense a voltage, rather than a specific voltage, and so even mojos with old batteries could quickly trigger the poly to wake up.
It sounds like you may have an early poly, plus an early mojo with an old battery. Your solution could be to fit a new battery in your mojo - best to email support@chordelectronics.co.uk for confirmation of the best option for you.
I had not realized, thank you for the information, I guess I will email chord support when I’m home from work.

Jun 21, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #13,637 of 18,750
@Matt Bartlett On a side note, any chance of Bluetooth search and pair functionality to be incorporated into the GoFigure app? This is to enable pairing with some high quality streaming dongles which don't have the search and pair function at the transmission end. I know that this is a very special case and Bluetooth is considered Low-Fi as medium but would like to know if it is something that could be accommodated.

And is there an update on not being able stream from work laptop to Poly which you mentioned few weeks earlier as a known issue?

Jun 21, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #13,638 of 18,750
@Matt Bartlett On a side note, any chance of Bluetooth search and pair functionality to be incorporated into the GoFigure app? This is to enable pairing with some high quality streaming dongles which don't have the search and pair function at the transmission end. I know that this is a very special case and Bluetooth is considered Low-Fi as medium but would like to know if it is something that could be accommodated.

And is there an update on not being able stream from work laptop to Poly which you mentioned few weeks earlier as a known issue?

Can you give me an example of one of the devices you would like to use with Poly then I will take a look to see what is involved.

As for the Bluetooth via laptop issue then thanks for reminding me. I'll get an update on that to see where we are.

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #13,639 of 18,750
An quick update on hi-res streaming from Tidal/Qobuz to Poly on my home wifi

iPhone - Glider App - restricted to Airplay output, Can see Poly as source and can navigate through Qobuz - but does not play tracks
iPhone 8Player App - sees Poly as upnp output, Can see Poly as source and can navigate through Qobuz - but does not play tracks
iPhone mConnect Lite App - refuses to see Poly as source or output - even after restarting. Sometimes it does see and works but it's pretty inconsistent.

Roon - (via Core on PC and Roon mode in GoFigure) - pretty seamless - just works.

For reliability, if you want to stream HiRes from a streaming provider such as Qobuz/Tidal, Roon works great.

If you are out and about though, and don't have access to a Roon core, it looks like if you want a reliable streaming solution without cables, you'll need to sacrifice HiRes and stick to connections over Airplay to Poly.

Not an exhaustive test by any means, just my experience and frustrations so far. I suspect none of the above issues are down to the Poly itself but more down to the Apps themselves.

I do fine the sound pretty good over AirPlay, so I'll be sticking to the following solution for now, which has proved pretty reliable
iPhone - QoBuz app - > AirPlay -> Wifi -> Poly

Jun 21, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #13,640 of 18,750
Can you give me an example of one of the devices you would like to use with Poly then I will take a look to see what is involved.

As for the Bluetooth via laptop issue then thanks for reminding me. I'll get an update on that to see where we are.
Here's a scenario, I have got a Sennheiser BTD800 dongle which offers quite good Bluetooth transmission but it can only be paired in the pairing mode or search mode

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #13,641 of 18,750
HUGE ROON ISSUE WITH POLY NOW

KILLS MY EXPERIENCE.

ROON PLAYS 30 SECONDS TO 1 MINUTE AND SKIPS TO NEXT TRACK.

MANY OTHERS HAVE BROUGHT THIS UP

THIS IS A CRITICAL BUG AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED/ADDRESSED IMEDIATELY

CHORD DOES NOT SEEM TO BE DOING ENOUGH HERE.

PLEASE GET ENG ON THIS ASAP

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:59 AM Post #13,642 of 18,750
An quick update on hi-res streaming from Tidal/Qobuz to Poly on my home wifi

iPhone - Glider App - restricted to Airplay output, Can see Poly as source and can navigate through Qobuz - but does not play tracks
iPhone 8Player App - sees Poly as upnp output, Can see Poly as source and can navigate through Qobuz - but does not play tracks
iPhone mConnect Lite App - refuses to see Poly as source or output - even after restarting. Sometimes it does see and works but it's pretty inconsistent.

Roon - (via Core on PC and Roon mode in GoFigure) - pretty seamless - just works.

For reliability, if you want to stream HiRes from a streaming provider such as Qobuz/Tidal, Roon works great.

If you are out and about though, and don't have access to a Roon core, it looks like if you want a reliable streaming solution without cables, you'll need to sacrifice HiRes and stick to connections over Airplay to Poly.

???? THIS IS NOT THE CASE CONNECT TO DEVICE TETHERING AND OVER LTE YOU GET A RELIABLE HIREZ EXPERIENCE WITH MCONNECT

Not an exhaustive test by any means, just my experience and frustrations so far. I suspect none of the above issues are down to the Poly itself but more down to the Apps themselves.

I do fine the sound pretty good over AirPlay, so I'll be sticking to the following solution for now, which has proved pretty reliable
iPhone - QoBuz app - > AirPlay -> Wifi -> Poly

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #13,643 of 18,750

KILLS MY EXPERIENCE.

I can see that you are frustrated, but there is no need to shout!
[edit to add link]
Have you added your details to the web page that was created to capture feedback about ROON issues with Poly?
Chord encourage anyone with an issue to go to the Roon support page:- https://community.roonlabs.com/t/chord-poly-support/68008/23
The more people who can provide Chord and Roon with contextual information the better.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 3:41 AM Post #13,644 of 18,750

T

True, tethering will work in this situation, in fact it’s what I do for walking around but I do so using AirPlay solution (without hi-res) and downloaded files from Tidal/Qobuz as it’s less fiddly to set up. Also, streaming hi-res from Tidal/Qobuz would eat through my data allowance pretty quick .

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #13,645 of 18,750

KILLS MY EXPERIENCE.

Have you tried rebooting your Roon device and router? When this has happened in the pas to me (with and without Poly as the endpoint), it seemed to be an internet issue more than anything else.

Jun 22, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #13,646 of 18,750
Have you tried rebooting your Roon device and router? When this has happened in the pas to me (with and without Poly as the endpoint), it seemed to be an internet issue more than anything else.

+1

When it happens to me (rarely) a router, computer, or even modem reboot solves the issue. Not limited to Poly/Mojo for me either.

Jun 22, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #13,647 of 18,750
Just wanted to post my thoughts about the Poly I purchased a few months ago... I quite like it, because I think it makes my Mojo much more versatile and convenient. It allows me to enjoy my Mojo much more often and in a lot more places. However, I do think it's considerably overpriced for what it currently offers in features, so I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone unless they have $750 burning a hole in their pocket with nothing else to spend it on. I'm hoping that Chord will continue to expand the Poly's capabilities, because I don't think it would take a lot to change my opinion. Just off the top of my head, smartwatch control and MQA decoding would be great new features.

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #13,648 of 18,750
Just wanted to post my thoughts about the Poly I purchased a few months ago... I quite like it, because I think it makes my Mojo much more versatile and convenient. It allows me to enjoy my Mojo much more often and in a lot more places. However, I do think it's considerably overpriced for what it currently offers in features, so I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone unless they have $750 burning a hole in their pocket with nothing else to spend it on. I'm hoping that Chord will continue to expand the Poly's capabilities, because I don't think it would take a lot to change my opinion. Just off the top of my head, smartwatch control and MQA decoding would be great new features.
Smart watch control is available. With mconnect you can change tracks and volume on poly with Apple Watch. It’s sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back