Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 14, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #13,591 of 18,741
With great sadness, I've decided to abandon Glider - unless there's any news of Joe? It's just become unreliable in its behaviours - pausing when I open it on my phone's screen, losing connection, and showing multiple Polys in a way that I don't really understand.

mconnect is OK, right? I think I prefer that over 8player...
Mpdelux is good

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #13,593 of 18,741
The only thing I can think of is, this upgrade was smooth and took 1 minute, the previous one, which was when it broke, took hours and I hadn’t a clue what I was doing.
I half suspected that maybe the firmware didn’t install properly as hard to think why it works for some but not others.

What I found weird with mine is it worked great with Roon after the 2.0 update as I remember checking it to see if the dropouts were gone (which they were) after the update. And then some time later it just stopped working. Yes I do hope it's fixed soon as it's my main use for Poly out on the patio and for bedtime listening.

Jun 14, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #13,594 of 18,741
With great sadness, I've decided to abandon Glider - unless there's any news of Joe? It's just become unreliable in its behaviours - pausing when I open it on my phone's screen, losing connection, and showing multiple Polys in a way that I don't really understand.

mconnect is OK, right? I think I prefer that over 8player...
I prefer mconnect to glider, 8player or AK Connect for my use. I like it's Tidal integration.

Jun 16, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #13,596 of 18,741
Sorry if this has been raised before, but I am trying to work out mconnect. All seems quite straightforward, except that I am getting an audible ticking/glitch sound over the first couple of second of each track, even when no change of bit rate is involved. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's set to gapless 'by app' or 'to renderer' (and I can't really say that I understand the difference between the two settings).

Is this just a 'feature' of UPnP? Is there some combination of settings that would stop it? Am I better with MPDLuxe?

Jun 16, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #13,597 of 18,741
Sorry if this has been raised before, but I am trying to work out mconnect. All seems quite straightforward, except that I am getting an audible ticking/glitch sound over the first couple of second of each track, even when no change of bit rate is involved. Doesn't seem to matter whether it's set to gapless 'by app' or 'to renderer' (and I can't really say that I understand the difference between the two settings).

Is this just a 'feature' of UPnP? Is there some combination of settings that would stop it? Am I better with MPDLuxe?

I use mconnect most of the time when using the Poly. I have all varieties of HiRes file types including DSD on an SD card. I have a playlist with all these mixed formats on shuffle. There is no glitching or distortion between tracks. When I play a single album on gapless, again, no glitching.

I also use the Qobuz integration of the Poly on mconnect. No glitching.

Maybe share some details on where your library is located you're streaming from. Hope this helps.

Jun 16, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #13,598 of 18,741

Have both gapless settings on and get no glitches. Have you tried 8Player and AK Connect?

Jun 17, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #13,599 of 18,741
I use mconnect most of the time when using the Poly. I have all varieties of HiRes file types including DSD on an SD card. I have a playlist with all these mixed formats on shuffle. There is no glitching or distortion between tracks. When I play a single album on gapless, again, no glitching.

I also use the Qobuz integration of the Poly on mconnect. No glitching.

Maybe share some details on where your library is located you're streaming from. Hope this helps.
Sorry - I wasn't clear. I was using it to control playback on microSD card in Poly.

In any case, all seems resolved now - I have no idea what I did, but it's all good! Thanks!

Jun 17, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #13,604 of 18,741
Are there any truly gapless (Android) uPnP players for Poly currently? One of the biggest reasons I've stuck with MPD solutions so far but curious to know if things have changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back