Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 1, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #13,218 of 18,752
@Matt Bartlett Hey Matt, do you have an update on the MPD crashing issue? My Poly is currently unuseable at home or work because they both utilise Ubiquiti mesh networks which switches devices between access points constantly.

We're still working on it. I got a bit sidetracked by some customers having issues after installing 1.0.41 so we've been investigating that.

May 1, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #13,219 of 18,752
We're still working on it. I got a bit sidetracked by some customers having issues after installing 1.0.41 so we've been investigating that.

@Matt Bartlett I must admit I am extremely disappointed with how this has been handled and communicated. I have yet to have a reply from my support request to Chord dated 12/04/2019 (despite receiving an official confirmation of receipt that states a reply period of 48 hours).

As stated my Poly is unuseable and I have no way of rolling back the firmware. This firmware was in testing for many months and delayed repeatedly under a guise of delivering quality.

I’m a senior software developer. I know that bugs happen despite all possible testing. But I’d have lost my job if I released an update with a showstopper bug and didn’t release a fix for more than three weeks.

I’d like to know why I shouldn’t return my Poly right now.

May 1, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #13,221 of 18,752
I did yes. I got the album artwork sorted but it was less than straightforward.
I just wondered. Reading that FAQ did make me question why MALP does not include the option for the user, to choose where they obtain the artwork from (i presume that most users would choose the copy of the artwork, that they saved in their database).

May 1, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #13,223 of 18,752
Definitely interference and digital modem-like sounds rather than hiss.

I haven’t used the IEMatch with MojoPoly but will give it a try. I mainly use it with my valve amps and Oppo HA-1, which would otherwise be unusable with the Solaris.

Did you ever get around to trying your IEMatch with your solaris and mojopoly? I said screw it the other day and just decided to order one anyways. While my Atlas are not quite as sensitive as something like the andromeda, and I dont think as sensitive as the solaris, I was definitely hearing interference with the mojopoly that I didnt hear with some other IEMs and headphones, and there was also a noticeable hiss (guessing this has always been there). Its relatively quiet and has never bothered me, but I figured if I could get rid of it, I might as well see what the IEMatch was about. First impressions were quite good. Hiss seemed completely gone, and using a similar situation where I was last hearing the interference it seemed gone too. I havent played with it too much to tell if it was otherwise affecting the sound, but I guess some of these campfire IEMs are just too sensitive on their own for the mojo and by extension the poly. So hopefully this is just a case of maybe not the best pairing, and there really is nothing wrong my mojo or poly, maybe its just a bit overkill for my preferred IEMs... But, I am excited to try out the IEMatch more and see if it really takes the sound (and hiss/interference) to what I would hopefully expect out of these products.

May 2, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #13,226 of 18,752
@Matt Bartlett I must admit I am extremely disappointed with how this has been handled and communicated. I have yet to have a reply from my support request to Chord dated 12/04/2019 (despite receiving an official confirmation of receipt that states a reply period of 48 hours).

As stated my Poly is unuseable and I have no way of rolling back the firmware. This firmware was in testing for many months and delayed repeatedly under a guise of delivering quality.

I’m a senior software developer. I know that bugs happen despite all possible testing. But I’d have lost my job if I released an update with a showstopper bug and didn’t release a fix for more than three weeks.

I’d like to know why I shouldn’t return my Poly right now.

Hi @enragedlemon,
Obviously I'm sorry we haven't been able to get the update out quick enough to solve your situation. As a software engineer you will understand that making changes to the code to fix one bug can cause others so it is really important to test everything again to make sure there are no other strange interactions. The fix is really close now but we had to stop work to investigate another bug first that could have had implications on the fix we released to the network issue you are experiencing. Whilst I know this isn't the answer you want it is important to us that we take the extra time to make sure we don't introduce any new problems with a new update.

Matt

May 2, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #13,227 of 18,752
May 2, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #13,228 of 18,752
I just use musicbrainz to grab remote art. According to this http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=317 you should be able to configure for local cover art but it's not something I've bothered with so far.
Well, I did select MusicBrainz but no luck, I don't see any album artwork, I can see the artist images. I cleared and downloaded several times now but didn't succeed.

May 2, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #13,229 of 18,752
Well, I did select MusicBrainz but no luck, I don't see any album artwork, I can see the artist images. I cleared and downloaded several times now but didn't succeed.
Did you clear blocked artist/album images and download all from within M.A.L.P artwork settings? I've found it can take some time to populate - also files need to be tagged strictly to musicbrainz spec, which is an option within XLD (a Mac app I use for format conversion / tagging). Artwork has never been a massive priority for me though - and in M.A.L.P it can be erratic!

May 2, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #13,230 of 18,752
Did you clear blocked artist/album images and download all from within M.A.L.P artwork settings? I've found it can take some time to populate - also files need to be tagged strictly to musicbrainz spec, which is an option within XLD (a Mac app I use for format conversion / tagging). Artwork has never been a massive priority for me though - and in M.A.L.P it can be erratic!
I used foobar2000 on Windows for tagging/attaching, doesn't it work? On the root directory I could see a few MB zip file though in relation to album artwork. All this happened when I cleared the artwork the first time. I never managed to get it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back