Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 27, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #13,157 of 18,741
On the subject of Roon...

I've been palying around with various music playback/management software of late such as JRiver MC, Audirvana, Amarra, Plex, etc.

Then I remembered the 60-day trial coupon for Roon included with the Poly. I was bored today so I decided to audition the (arguably) ridiculously-priced piece of software. I even blew the dust of the MojoPoly to try it out. After installing the very specific Roon Server on my Synology NAS and getting library (still loading actually) mapped to Roon I was off to the races.

Wow!

Why didn't I try out Roon before??? Oh, I know why: the cost of annual vs lifetime subs.

However, admittedly this software is very slick. And my personal library of over 1600 (purchased/ripped) CDs takes on a whole new look with media-injection that Roon provides. Now I can sit in a comfy chair with iPad in lap and MojoPoly with its glowing orbs to my side and enjoy the music with a visual stimulus provided by Roon. So now I'm torn. A 60 day trial of Roon should be sufficient to experience everything (not subbing to Tidal and Qobuz isn't available yet in Canada) butr after that will/should I opt for Lifetime?

Apr 28, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #13,158 of 18,741

I've been palying around with various music playback/management software of late such as JRiver MC, Audirvana, Amarra, Plex, etc.

Then I remembered the 60-day trial coupon for Roon included with the Poly. I was bored today so I decided to audition the (arguably) ridiculously-priced piece of software. I even blew the dust of the MojoPoly to try it out. After installing the very specific Roon Server on my Synology NAS and getting library (still loading actually) mapped to Roon I was off to the races.

Wow!

Why didn't I try out Roon before??? Oh, I know why: the cost of annual vs lifetime subs.

However, admittedly this software is very slick. And my personal library of over 1600 (purchased/ripped) CDs takes on a whole new look with media-injection that Roon provides. Now I can sit in a comfy chair with iPad in lap and MojoPoly with its glowing orbs to my side and enjoy the music with a visual stimulus provided by Roon. So now I'm torn. A 60 day trial of Roon should be sufficient to experience everything (not subbing to Tidal and Qobuz isn't available yet in Canada) butr after that will/should I opt for Lifetime?

In my humble opinion, lifetime in the software world is too much...
A lot of things can happen in a short period of time.
I prefer to pay year by year and lets see (it is what I do)

Enjoy!

Apr 28, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #13,159 of 18,741

Wow!

You will love it even more with Tidal or Qobuz integration and bit-perfect (or optional DSP) transport to your home stereo(s).

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #13,160 of 18,741
I have had a Mojo for over three years and was put off adding a Poly because of the issues. I have finally taken the plunge but am not getting very far connecting it to my android phone. The Poly is recognised as a Bluetooth device but I am unable to connect, or at best not for very long. I am confused by the instructions which state enter the code 0000 when prompted. I am not receiving a prompt and think this might be the source of the problem. All the time the P light is flashing green and blue. Grateful for advice. Thanks.

Apr 28, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #13,161 of 18,741
I have had a Mojo for over three years and was put off adding a Poly because of the issues. I have finally taken the plunge but am not getting very far connecting it to my android phone. The Poly is recognised as a Bluetooth device but I am unable to connect, or at best not for very long. I am confused by the instructions which state enter the code 0000 when prompted. I am not receiving a prompt and think this might be the source of the problem. All the time the P light is flashing green and blue. Grateful for advice. Thanks.
"By default out of the box Poly should already be in access point mode where the P status light is flashing blue and green all the time. They all leave the factory ready to connect to a network."
You are trying to connect by bluetooth, but poly is trying by default to connect by wifi.
For owners to give you the best advice, it will help if you can provide additional context such as:
  • which version of the firmware is installed on poly?
  • which version of the GoFigure app are you using?
  • which music player app are you using?
  • which phone are you using?
Any additional advice @Matt Bartlett ?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 8:25 AM Post #13,162 of 18,741
Tried the poly/mojo yesterday and some iems, a great sounding pack that you can bring everywhere.

Will definitely consider buying one later. Just a shame that there's only 1 SD card slot... But you never get everything I guess

Apr 28, 2019 at 8:59 AM Post #13,163 of 18,741
"By default out of the box Poly should already be in access point mode where the P status light is flashing blue and green all the time. They all leave the factory ready to connect to a network."
You are trying to connect by bluetooth, but poly is trying by default to connect by wifi.
For owners to give you the best advice, it will help if you can provide additional context such as:
  • which version of the firmware is installed on poly?
  • which version of the GoConnect app are you using?
  • which music player app are you using?
  • which phone are you using?
Any additional advice @Matt Bartlett ?

I suspect Poly trying to connect to wifi by default could be the root of the problem. How can this be overcome? What is confusing me is the reference to inputting 0000 in the instructions. I am not receiving the prompt.

Apr 28, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #13,164 of 18,741
I suspect Poly trying to connect to wifi by default could be the root of the problem. How can this be overcome? What is confusing me is the reference to inputting 0000 in the instructions. I am not receiving the prompt.

Do you need to use Bluetooth? You can use Poly just fine and connect/configure using GoFigure without needing to activate the Bluetooth connection at all.

Apr 28, 2019 at 10:03 AM Post #13,165 of 18,741

Wow!

If you decide you like it, I would go lifetime. You’d be betting that they last another 4 years at least, or that something better doesn’t come along. Although, it’s a pretty complete package now, with all the device support, metadata, and RAAT streaming protocol.

Apr 28, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #13,166 of 18,741
OK, guys.
Tell me what the hell Roon "data service" is so I can understand how it works, because the wepbage is completely incomprehensible in terms of explaining the technology. Pure marketing bull with some tech ornaments added.
I am struggling with this piece of garbage again, as it logs into my wifi with no problem at all, and I can see it is connected on my router, but for last couple of days I am unable to see it in any of my players (Bubble, mConnect, AKconnect),
The cost of Roon is ridiculous, but as I was stupid enough to pay for this piece of garbage of Poly, I can handle Roon - but only provided it would in fact make it work.
I am exhausted at this point I must say :frowning2:

Apr 28, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #13,167 of 18,741
Do you need to use Bluetooth? You can use Poly just fine and connect/configure using GoFigure without needing to activate the Bluetooth connection at all.

The instructions say that Bluetooth should be connected to before wifi. I have managed to connect to Bluetooth but Gofigure is not picking up the Poly. Also the P light is no longer coming on when previously it was flashing green and blue. I believe the Firmware is 1.0.17.

Apr 28, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #13,168 of 18,741
The instructions say that Bluetooth should be connected to before wifi. I have managed to connect to Bluetooth but Gofigure is not picking up the Poly. Also the P light is no longer coming on when previously it was flashing green and blue. I believe the Firmware is 1.0.17.
That firmware is over a year old, so you should update to v2.0 which was released earlier this month.
Best to update GoFigure as well.
v2.0 has cured virtually all the issues that owners were having, and improved the overall Poly capabilities.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-863#post-14893477

Apr 28, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #13,169 of 18,741
In my humble opinion, lifetime in the software world is too much...
A lot of things can happen in a short period of time.
I prefer to pay year by year and lets see (it is what I do)

Enjoy!

I agree with you.

I wish I didn’t.

Irony is the ad from Philips way back when they introduced the Compact Disc as ‘perfect music stored forever.’

Apr 28, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #13,170 of 18,741
That firmware is over a year old, so you should update to v2.0 which was released earlier this month.
Best to update GoFigure as well.
v2.0 has cured virtually all the issues that owners were having, and improved the overall Poly capabilities.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-863#post-14893477

As the Poly is not connected to wifi, how can I update the firmware?
The blue P light is now flashing as I am attempting to get Gofigure to recognise Poly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back