Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 20, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #13,111 of 18,669
Any update :)

Yes I've been working with Roon on this. They've come back today after setting up a closed support forum so
together we can work out what the problem is. Anyone still having problems getting Roon to play to Poly
can PM me and I will send over the private link - just bear in mind it's the Easter holidays until Tuesday so I
may not be able to respond immediately.

Apr 20, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #13,112 of 18,669
Yes I've been working with Roon on this. They've come back today after setting up a closed support forum so
together we can work out what the problem is. Anyone still having problems getting Roon to play to Poly
can PM me and I will send over the private link - just bear in mind it's the Easter holidays until Tuesday so I
may not be able to respond immediately.
Amazeballs :)

Apr 20, 2019 at 2:47 PM Post #13,113 of 18,669
How about the hardware manufacturers like yourself integrating the Google Cast functionality into their products? There are quite a few hence Google stopped making Chromecast Audio product.

Yes the hope is that this will become easier and more common now Chromecast Audio has ceased and Google will make it available to more hardware manufacturers similar to the approach Apple have with Airplay.

Apr 20, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #13,114 of 18,669
Still hoping for a fix for multiple access points. Meanwhile I'm back on my single point WiFi (named Cracker :ksc75smile:). I have noticed that 2.0 fw allows the poly to maintain connection MUCH better!! I'm able to move to areas in my house now that used to lose connection.

Props to John, Matt, and the team for this significant improvement!!

Apr 21, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #13,115 of 18,669
I finally bought again a new Mojo Poly, I've updated to 2.0 I guess (successfully arrived to 1.0.4.1 before that) as I saw those 3 Colors flashing, then saw the yellow one, stopped, then yellow again, then blue. I unplugged the charger and shut down the device. I turned it on again, same for Gofigure in my mobile and this app asked me to connect to Polymojo (The name I gave him), so I selected it, started to download and suddenly told me that the Bluetooth PIN "does not match that of the device you selected". I did 0000 when I first configured it, so I don't understand why it doesn't recognise those numbers. If someone can help please.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #13,116 of 18,669
I have finally dissociate my mobile and Poly, then re-associate and opened Gofigure agai, then I was able to have access to the app. I've checked Poly version in the general setting and now it show me 0.0.0. The strange thing is that I can listen to music with the Mojo Poly through mconnect (the poly is flashing purple though). Also it says wi-fi - not connected (I'm not in hotspot mode), I was able to connect before that.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #13,117 of 18,669
I finally bought again a new Mojo Poly, I've updated to 2.0 I guess (successfully arrived to 1.0.4.1 before that) as I saw those 3 Colors flashing, then saw the yellow one, stopped, then yellow again, then blue. I unplugged the charger and shut down the device. I turned it on again, same for Gofigure in my mobile and this app asked me to connect to Polymojo (The name I gave him), so I selected it, started to download and suddenly told me that the Bluetooth PIN "does not match that of the device you selected". I did 0000 when I first configured it, so I don't understand why it doesn't recognise those numbers. If someone can help please.
Delete current bluetooth profile. Retry. Else try different device (old version of android worked for me).

Apr 21, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #13,118 of 18,669
Still hoping for a fix for multiple access points. Meanwhile I'm back on my single point WiFi (named Cracker :ksc75smile:). I have noticed that 2.0 fw allows the poly to maintain connection MUCH better!! I'm able to move to areas in my house now that used to lose connection.

Props to John, Matt, and the team for this significant improvement!!

I'm finding the same. Finally I can take Poly to bed with me...

Apr 21, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #13,119 of 18,669
I have successfully upgraded to 2.0...wasnt easy as I did get failure messages on go figure for Android....but low and behold, in spite of the error messages and no solid yellow it did update. However the new go figure app for android can no longer connect to the poly. I get an error message asking for the Bluetooth pin. After imputing 0000, I just get a cycle back to the same message. Using go figure on my iPad all is well. Plays as roon endpoint and in dnla mode. The tidal and qobuz credentials seem to have no purpose. I have reinserted my sd card and machine has been indexing for 3 hours. Android app simply doesn't work. This is a major update but the poly mojo still seems unready for prime time and too awkward. This is a shame as chord makes brilliant hardware, just can't nail the software, a reoccurring theme in the ce space.

Just following up. My experience with 2.0 is mixed....sweet and sour. The improvements are in wifi performance, no further dropouts when moving about the house, an impression of better sound. The dissapointments are in the Android app which has connectivity issues, first in bluetooth for opening app controls, now revised and improved with a play store update, now the android app has almost no funtionality in selecting and configuring wifi networks. Those networks that were previously configured now show as "unknown". In general the android app is beta at best. The ios app performs well but functionality with glider has gone backwards with sound quality which seems constrained...certainly nowhere as good as streaming roon. Babysteps with continued software issues on an otherwise amazing product in terms of SQ. my final score for 2.0 is 6/10....up from 4/10

Apr 21, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #13,120 of 18,669
I finally got the 2.0 update a few hours later. One more thing now, apps like Mconnect doesn't see the Poly when I'm in hotspot mode, should I need to enter manually something? Sound is killer by the way, far better that the one I got last year that I had to return due to hardware problems, I'm wondering now if the DAC part was working correctly? (I can now hear a difference between a headphone linked to my MacBook Pro and linked to Mojo Poly...!).

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #13,121 of 18,669
Just following up. My experience with 2.0 is mixed....sweet and sour. The improvements are in wifi performance, no further dropouts when moving about the house, an impression of better sound. The dissapointments are in the Android app which has connectivity issues, first in bluetooth for opening app controls, now revised and improved with a play store update, now the android app has almost no funtionality in selecting and configuring wifi networks. Those networks that were previously configured now show as "unknown". In general the android app is beta at best. The ios app performs well but functionality with glider has gone backwards with sound quality which seems constrained...certainly nowhere as good as streaming roon. Babysteps with continued software issues on an otherwise amazing product in terms of SQ. my final score for 2.0 is 6/10....up from 4/10
I was hoping that V2.0 would have been offered as a beta on Android, if it was I missed that boat.

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #13,122 of 18,669
I've been wondering about GoFigure and BT for a while....if a near future Chord streamer device (for either Mojo or H2 or even a future device), were to utilize BT5, would the data throughput be fast enough to display songs (and of course, albums, artists and genres) and therefore turn GoFigure into a full on DAP.

Right now, though the Poly uses BT 4.1, the throughput for text data seems very slow (or perhaps is it an issue with the speed of the Poly server, or CPU or RAM limitation on the Poly hw). Playlists show up rather slowly. (Though I LOVE that they show up in alphabetical order now).

Sorry, it may seem like I'm complaining, or it may seem like I'm requesting a particular feature. Really, I'm just curious about the limitations of Poly, and wondering a little bit if the 2Go will be somewhat different from a GoFigure interconnectivity/capability perspective, and to some extent, even a feature perspective.

Though, if a 2Go emerges with no real changes hardware changes except a slightly improved performance over Poly, I'd still probably get it.

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #13,123 of 18,669
I've been wondering about GoFigure and BT for a while....if a near future Chord streamer device (for either Mojo or H2 or even a future device), were to utilize BT5, would the data throughput be fast enough to display songs (and of course, albums, artists and genres) and therefore turn GoFigure into a full on DAP.

Right now, though the Poly uses BT 4.1, the throughput for text data seems very slow (or perhaps is it an issue with the speed of the Poly server, or CPU or RAM limitation on the Poly hw). Playlists show up rather slowly. (Though I LOVE that they show up in alphabetical order now).

Sorry, it may seem like I'm complaining, or it may seem like I'm requesting a particular feature. Really, I'm just curious about the limitations of Poly, and wondering a little bit if the 2Go will be somewhat different from a GoFigure interconnectivity/capability perspective, and to some extent, even a feature perspective.

Though, if a 2Go emerges with no real changes hardware changes except a slightly improved performance over Poly, I'd still probably get it.
Maybe you will find out in two weeks. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hug...official-thread.885042/page-439#post-14909744

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #13,124 of 18,669

Why would we think 2Go would have improved performance, especially if it leverages the same hardware/software that Chord has spent all this time developing and fine tuning? It may (should) have more inputs, like Ethernet, and ideally even some outputs for use with other DACs besides Hugo2 (TT2 and non-Chord), but I expect it would sound the same (excellent).

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #13,125 of 18,669
Why would we think 2Go would have improved performance, especially if it leverages the same hardware/software that Chord has spent all this time developing and fine tuning? It may (should) have more inputs, like Ethernet, and ideally even some outputs for use with other DACs besides Hugo2 (TT2 and non-Chord), but I expect it would sound the same (excellent).
This photo of a prototype posted at the time of CES 2018 shows an ethernet socket, so I hope that the production version has retained it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back