Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 9, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #12,796 of 18,757
I emailed chord regarding my problem getting firmware to 2.0 and was advised that upgrade was for IOS only....

Dear Sir, thanks for your inquiry.

Due to the volume of people seeking to update their Poly, the server is under some pressure at the moment. Can you turn it off (meaning it will boot and be ready to go) try again in a few hours and allow at least 20 minutes for any update to take place. Please note that this update is also currently for iOS only.

All the best

Ed

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #12,797 of 18,757
Since the upgrade, Glider doesn't see the Poly as MPD (Mojo/Poly icon) and only finds it as DLNA (iPhone icon) but only after I go to "More Devices". Hi-res recordings are mixed- sometimes they play, other times not as hi-res. 8Player launches and appears to play, but there is no audio output.

II know Glider was very popular when it was under active development (it is my understanding that Joe may have, unfortunately, left the scene). Are others getting good performance from Glider or other apps in 2.0? Are there other apps folks might suggest?

I had that exact same problem after updating to fw 2.0. It's worked perfectly today (we'll see about tomorrow :wink:). I deleted and re-installed Glider. Then it took a series of shutting down poly/mojo, restarting. Then force-quit/restart Glider. Repeat until a toothpick comes out clean. :smile:

Sorry to hear about Joe! He is one of the coolest nerds!! If anyone at Glider is listening, please let @joe28 that his absence is sorely missed.

Apr 9, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #12,798 of 18,757
Successfully upgraded to 2.0 but have to switch it off and on again to see the status light cycling. Anyway, so far so good. The network performance seems improved and became more stable. In previous version, I tried to airplay the audio from Apple TV to my poly on home wifi. The sound cut off after a few mins. It seems more reliable now in that area.

Apr 9, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #12,799 of 18,757
Mine works too. Don't know what changed, I started over the whole procedure again 24h after the first attempts. I did the same steps like unpairing Poly from the phone, new BT pin code, restarts and all. Don't know what changed, maybe something in the servers? 'cos the rest I did many times the other day and the network and devices are all the same. The only difference is that now it worked. I hope next upgrades will be App only and no hassle at all.

Apr 10, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #12,800 of 18,757
I emailed chord regarding my problem getting firmware to 2.0 and was advised that upgrade was for IOS only....

Due to the volume of people seeking to update their Poly, the server is under some pressure at the moment. Can you turn it off (meaning it will boot and be ready to go) try again in a few hours and allow at least 20 minutes for any update to take place. Please note that this update is also currently for iOS only.

All the best

Ed

I received exactly the same answer from Ed, but I don't think we asked exactly the same question :wink:
It's probably a reply bot.

At least I can continue to use the Mojo-Poly with version 1.0.41 with the personal hotspot of my iPhone.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #12,801 of 18,757
I tried to update last night and it showed as "Failed, please check internet connection" 10 times.
Now today morning when i connect my Poly, it's already at Ver 2.0, strange :O

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #12,802 of 18,757
So after one day and a half following exactly the Chord's official instructions I am stacked in step number four.
The last attempt during the entire night and nothing changes.

It is more than clear that something is happening... and I am not talking about "big files" or "slow internet connections".
The worst part is that even while it is not possible to use the Mojo/Poly because every time I turn it off / on it tries to update without success.

Thanks @ChordElectronics and @Matt Bartlett for working on this as soon as possible in order to find an stable solution and to spread it officially to all of us.

Apr 10, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #12,803 of 18,757
So after one day and a half following exactly the Chord's official instructions I am stacked in step number four.
The last attempt during the entire night and nothing changes.

It is more than clear that something is happening... and I am not talking about "big files" or "slow internet connections".
The worst part is that even while it is not possible to use the Mojo/Poly because every time I turn it off / on it tries to update without success.

Thanks @ChordElectronics and @Matt Bartlett for working on this as soon as possible in order to find an stable solution and to spread it officially to all of us.

This worked for me and many others, it's worth a try? I just used my normal SD card and it had no ill effects.

Well, following the cryptic comments here I've managed to update to 2.0 - but it was a strange process.
Didn't want to risk damaging 400GB SD library, formatted a spare 64GB card to exFAT and copied across dlna-sdfree.dat and mpd.db, just in case.
Power cycled Poly and booted with the new card *inserted*.
Left it to LED colour cycle for 10 mins.
Ejected the card without powering down.
LED immediately switched to solid Yellow.
Powered down - solid Yellow stayed on for quite some time, more than usual - eventually turned off.
Powered up - GoFigure finds Poly and indicates v2.0
What a f*ing palaver!!!
NB - this worked for me but goes against Chord's explicit instructions for updating so ymmv.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #12,805 of 18,757
This worked for me and many others, it's worth a try? I just used my normal SD card and it had no ill effects.

Thanks for your suggestion but I don't want to take the risk of brick my Poly, specially after the advice of @Matt Bartlett.

It is a very bad situation not to be able to update and use my Mojo/Poly.
But it is worst to brick it and to be rejected by Chord because of not follow the official rules.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #12,806 of 18,757
Thanks for your suggestion but I don't want to take the risk of brick my Poly, specially after the advice of @Matt Bartlett.

It is a very bad situation not to be able to update and use my Mojo/Poly.
But it is worst to brick it and to be rejected by Chord because of not follow the official rules.

I can understand, but I haven't read of anyone who tried this method and bricked their device.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #12,807 of 18,757
Resurrection!!!!! Poly is back from dust gathering. I gave up using it for months now.

After an overnight christmas tree show power cycling and ultimately the sd-card trick (bricking or not it seems that it is the only thing that works) I am finally in version 2.0.0.
Then more power cycling* (it seems to be the key) and behold! As a Tidal user, what a difference in experience. It works as it should no dropouts and I have used it on charger for 4-5 hours during work.

I am on the second day of enjoying (finally) the mojo-poly pair.

Well done!! Polish the upgrade process, add Spotify.

*Trying, right after the upgrade, to access the Tidal content (both glider and 8-player) I could get the album listings but no audio although it did seem to play. Then miracle.

Using 8-player pro to access Tidal content.

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #12,809 of 18,757
Hmm I also noticed the sound signature changed a bit. Slightly cleaner?
Also now the Bit Perfect Setting works correctly. When toggled ON - the volume controls disappear from QuickPlay Controls.

Could Matt elaborate on this? Has this new firmware affected sound signature or not?

Well it's a whole new operating system, WiFi/Bluetooth coding and MPD server so it's like a new product. Performance has improved and I'm glad you are hearing that!

Apr 10, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #12,810 of 18,757

All the best

Ed

Ed has got his wires crossed. There are new apps for for Android and iOS and then the firmware update for Poly covers both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back