Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 4, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #12,406 of 18,669
As far as I know, there's no such possibility. Poly is a streamer, neither a DAC, nor an amp.

Apr 4, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #12,407 of 18,669
Hi

I'm still in the honeymoon period with Poly and am enjoying Android (M.A.L.P) and PC (Roon trial). I am after some recommendation for alternatives to Roon on a PC should I not subscribe. I currently use MusicBee and the upnp plugin. I never got it working consistently and the plugin is not supported. I don't need all the power of roon for multi room output so am looking for something lighter (and ideally free!)

So any recommendation for Playinga Library sat on PC using a Windows player, and Poly as renderer.

Thanks
MinimServer works great on my NAS drive. I see no reason why the Windows version shouldn't work just as well on PC. It is free, light and easy to configure provided you go for a fairly basic setup. I control it with BubbleUPnP on Android or mConnect Lite on iOS.

Apr 4, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #12,409 of 18,669
MinimServer works great on my NAS drive. I see no reason why the Windows version shouldn't work just as well on PC. It is free, light and easy to configure provided you go for a fairly basic setup. I control it with BubbleUPnP on Android or mConnect Lite on iOS.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I can confirm MinimServer work well on Windows which I used with BubbleUPnP. I'm after something like Bubble to use on a PC rather than android/ios - looking to explore any recommended Windows players / dlna clients etc before going further down the Roon route.

Apr 4, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #12,410 of 18,669
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I can confirm MinimServer work well on Windows which I used with BubbleUPnP. I'm after something like Bubble to use on a PC rather than android/ios - looking to explore any recommended Windows players / dlna clients etc before going further down the Roon route.
I think VLC ought to work, but I haven't tried it.

Apr 4, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #12,411 of 18,669
The first FAQ at the Chord Electronics Support page for Streamers is: HOW DO I UPDATE POLY TO FIRMWARE VERSION 2.0.0?
Is this new? Does is work? Or is Chord just preparing for the future firmware release?

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/

Step 2: In the background, Poly will download V1.0.41, a new installation tool for the new Poly 2.0.0 firmware.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #12,412 of 18,669
Can someone please share the changelog for Version 2.0 !

Apr 5, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #12,414 of 18,669
The first FAQ at the Chord Electronics Support page for Streamers is: HOW DO I UPDATE POLY TO FIRMWARE VERSION 2.0.0?
Is this new? Does is work? Or is Chord just preparing for the future firmware release?

https://chordelectronics.co.uk/faqs-category/streamers/

Step 2: In the background, Poly will download V1.0.41, a new installation tool for the new Poly 2.0.0 firmware.

I’m still on 1.0.26, so I don’t think 1.0.41 is released yet as mine has been plugged in and turned on and off for days.

Apr 5, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #12,416 of 18,669
Me too. It appears they are just preparing for the future release.

They usually release poly updates on a friday at 17:00 - 18:00, maybe today is the day the new firmware will come out ?

Apr 5, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #12,418 of 18,669
Ah ok I see. Due to an error on our website the FAQ's were updated and made public before they should have been. So yes the release will be next week but I can't give an exact day yet.
I'll let everyone know as soon as we are ready to go.
Thanks for the clarification! At least now we already know which procedure it’ll take :wink:

Looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back