Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 2, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #12,391 of 18,756
Choose poly as rendere in mConnect. Works for me for tidal hi-res.

I did. It just does not plays anything from Tidal. I push play, apps freezes for a couple of seconds and gives up on playing. It does play when Poly is not the output (i.e. through the phone speakers).

Apr 2, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #12,392 of 18,756
I've never been able to play MQA from Tidal on MojoPoly. So far. Using all possible apps.

Apr 3, 2019 at 3:34 AM Post #12,393 of 18,756
Apr 3, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #12,394 of 18,756
Nothing. It just plays standard. Both from apple and android.

Apr 3, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #12,395 of 18,756
Apr 3, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #12,396 of 18,756
Hi

I'm still in the honeymoon period with Poly and am enjoying Android (M.A.L.P) and PC (Roon trial). I am after some recommendation for alternatives to Roon on a PC should I not subscribe. I currently use MusicBee and the upnp plugin. I never got it working consistently and the plugin is not supported. I don't need all the power of roon for multi room output so am looking for something lighter (and ideally free!)

So any recommendation for Playinga Library sat on PC using a Windows player, and Poly as renderer.

Thanks

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #12,397 of 18,756
I was with JRiver but could not make it work as intended after investing a ton of time (maybe it’s me). Roon was plug and play from the start. I did the extended trial courtesy of the promo card that came with my Poly. I signed up for a lifetime membership after that with no regrets.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #12,398 of 18,756
I was with JRiver but could not make it work as intended after investing a ton of time (maybe it’s me). Roon was plug and play from the start. I did the extended trial courtesy of the promo card that came with my Poly. I signed up for a lifetime membership after that with no regrets.
Thanks David. I have started the extended trial period and it truely has been plug and play.

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #12,399 of 18,756
I know this is a fringe use case for my poly, has anyone been able to successfully pair an Apple Watch to Poly for bluetooth playback. My poly connects to my phone and my TV via bluetooth with no problem but my watch just won't see it. Also I'm able to pair my watch to other bluetooth devices with no problem. Sometimes I just want to go out for a walk/run without my phone....

Apr 4, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #12,400 of 18,756
this does not work... same problem... putting iphone into hotspot phone turns on LTE and shuts off wifi connection

therefore It results in using carrier data.

CHORD WHEN WILL THIS BE ADDRESSED. THIS IS A SIMPLE FIX. AND A CRITICAL FEATURE.

Hi @mightyKyn. This just isn't possible. Public WiFi networks do not allow UPnP traffic so even if we incorporated a web browser into GoFigure to allow the connection your phone would not be able to send music to Poly. Obviously if everything was open on a public network then anyone else using the same network would be able to see your Poly and play music to it.
As others have said there are other options like the iPhone hotspot or the hotspot inside Poly. When I'm away I've also used my laptop to bridge from the public hotel WiFI to a local hotspot on my laptop so my phone and Poly can connect but still have internet access.

Apr 4, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #12,401 of 18,756
Hello can somebody please help me. I'm thinking of using poly + mojo connected diectly to my power amplifier. And since mojo doesn't have remote control is it possible to somehow control the volume of mojo using poly ?

Apr 4, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #12,402 of 18,756
Hello can somebody please help me. I'm thinking of using poly + mojo connected diectly to my power amplifier. And since mojo doesn't have remote control is it possible to somehow control the volume of mojo using poly ?
If you use airplay or Bluetooth you can control volume through your phone volume controls ... if playing through an app like qobuz.

Apr 4, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #12,403 of 18,756
Sure, you can. But this is pointless, since volume control on the phone decreases dynamic range of the music.
I would invest in alps pot as a "passive preamp".

Apr 4, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #12,404 of 18,756

There is a volume control through GoFigure App QuickPlay function. It starts with 100% and you can lower and then raise it digitally as you wish.

Apr 4, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #12,405 of 18,756
Sure, you can. But this is pointless, since volume control on the phone decreases dynamic range of the music.
I would invest in alps pot as a "passive preamp".
Maybe I wasn't accurate on my post.
I meant if Polly could control mojo volume control. Instead of clicking marbles with fingers just to control them via app (Polly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back