Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 13, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #12,031 of 18,742
Yes I would recommend keeping the volume in the apps at maximum and then using the volume control on Mojo for best bit perfect quality as has been discussed on this and the Mojo thread previously. This also avoids any issues with the music blasting your headphones/IEM's. When using multiple apps on a device it is possible to have one app at high volume and then when you use another app at a lower volume the volume is locked by the other app causing the music to remain at a high level. We are looking at a workaround for this but it more complicated than it might seem as the volume level is set before transmission to Poly.

Feb 14, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #12,033 of 18,742
Thanks for reply.
Sd card is inside Poly and i use that only everyday at office.
I checked that Roon and Airplane mode are off. But still when i turn on my mobile hotspot and turn on Poly, i can see in the mobile that the Poly is connected to the hotspot .
But BubbleUPnP is not able to recognize it sometimes/manytimes. Am i missing something, i dont have gofigure app on mobile anymore.
Can I ask why you don't have GoFigure or why you haven't re-installed it as it can help with quick config changes on the Poly.
Another alternative to Bubble UPnP is mConnect (try the Lite version) or hi-fi cast.
I don't know what is causing your problems and I am not experiencing any issues myself but most problems are usually network issues or connecting to the correct network.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #12,034 of 18,742
Can I ask why you don't have GoFigure or why you haven't re-installed it as it can help with quick config changes on the Poly.
Another alternative to Bubble UPnP is mConnect (try the Lite version) or hi-fi cast.
I don't know what is causing your problems and I am not experiencing any issues myself but most problems are usually network issues or connecting to the correct network.

The thing is i don't have roon, i use Poly at my office only with the headphones n earbuds. I play only through SD card from Poly.
I don't need gofigure app anymore onc ethe Poly has the mobile hotspot details.
I tried mConnect, and it's working, but i face this issue sometimes, not everytime i connect Poly to hotspot.

I already BubbleUPnP, should i buy mConnect ? Is it better than BubbleUPnP ?

Feb 14, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #12,035 of 18,742
The thing is i don't have roon, i use Poly at my office only with the headphones n earbuds. I play only through SD card from Poly.
I don't need gofigure app anymore onc ethe Poly has the mobile hotspot details.
I tried mConnect, and it's working, but i face this issue sometimes, not everytime i connect Poly to hotspot.

I already BubbleUPnP, should i buy mConnect ? Is it better than BubbleUPnP ?

I could not say if the full version would necessarily be better. I only use the Lite version.

I tried the full version and for my needs, did not offer any benefits so I got a refund within the refund window on Google Playstore.

I have found, by reading many comments, that we all have differing experiences using Mojo/Poly.

If using SD card only I use M.A.L.P and have zero issues. The only thing is making sure I have enabled my hotspot mode on my phone first ( I have a Pixel 2Xl an a OnePlus 3) before switching on the Poly this for me works issue free everywhere I use my Poly, on the underground, walking around, at home or in the office.

I use mConnect solely for Qobuz and Tidal playback, prior to being recommended, I had been using BubbleUPnP, again solely for Qobuz and Tidal playback, but I had experienced dropping connection sometimes after 20-30 minutes as Poly Renderer connection was lost, hence moving to mConnect, I have also tried HiFi Cast in the past but I am settling with my current setup for now

SD card Playback M.A.L.P
Qobuz/Tidal mConnect Lite

PS I am an Android user so when I mention my hotspot, it is the phone hotspot and not Poly hotspot that I am referring to

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #12,036 of 18,742
Thanks, i just installed MALP and started using it, Let see :)

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #12,037 of 18,742
Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #12,038 of 18,742
Thanks, i just installed MALP and started using it, Let see :)
As well as aforementioned native DSD playback it also plays gaplessly. The only thing it doesn't do currently is catalogue MP3 files to the library (down to a longstanding Poly bug) - they'll still play fine but you'll have to drill down using the file browser section.

Feb 14, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #12,039 of 18,742
Poly is capricious. After a great weekend together we had a terrible day today. Glider kept losing the connection, it was showing a different song than the one played, I couldn't listen to more than two songs playing after each other. In the end I had to fall back on Airplane/Bluetooth/Quickplay mode which worked spartan but perfectly (without the ugly Poly Wi-Fi noise in my sensitive IEMs!). However, the sound quality is so amazing that in the end I just tolarate this whole mess.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Correction: Glider caused the issues. It mixed up the files and their metadata after new files were copied to the SD card. Glider was showing the wrong album art, title and track length. This caused playing issues. I deleted and reinstalled the Glider app (only took a minute), and ever since everything works perfectly.

Poly works exceptionelly well. I only remember a single sound distortion for a second when I got to a busy train station today. It delivers pure joy all day. :)

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #12,040 of 18,742
Feb 15, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #12,041 of 18,742
Hi all. Recently bought a Poly and just gave bluetooth a try with my iphone 6. Streaming offline tidal content I experience micro sound cuts every few seconds. I also noticed that when streaming tidal via wifi at home I sporadically get hiccups like i.e. a song playing ‘accelerated’ for a few seconds (happens both with iphone and ipad...btw my internet is fast enough). Poly firmware and gofigure are up-to-date. Not sure what to try next.... Thanks.

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #12,042 of 18,742
Hi all. Recently bought a Poly and just gave bluetooth a try with my iphone 6. Streaming offline tidal content I experience micro sound cuts every few seconds. I also noticed that when streaming tidal via wifi at home I sporadically get hiccups like i.e. a song playing ‘accelerated’ for a few seconds (happens both with iphone and ipad...btw my internet is fast enough). Poly firmware and gofigure are up-to-date. Not sure what to try next.... Thanks.

Are your little cut outs every 5 or 6 seconds? And if so, is your poly not connected to wifi at the time (or not set to hotspot)? The reason it seemed was that the poly is constantly searching for wifi at that point and it interferes with the bluetooth playback. At least thats what I remember. I think the best practice is if you are using bluetooth for playback, you want to put the poly into airplane/bluetooth mode as this turns off the wifi, which as I said, can interfere with bluetooth playback.

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #12,043 of 18,742
Are your little cut outs every 5 or 6 seconds? And if so, is your poly not connected to wifi at the time (or not set to hotspot)? The reason it seemed was that the poly is constantly searching for wifi at that point and it interferes with the bluetooth playback. At least thats what I remember. I think the best practice is if you are using bluetooth for playback, you want to put the poly into airplane/bluetooth mode as this turns off the wifi, which as I said, can interfere with bluetooth playback.

Thank you very much for your feedback :) Yes indeed very few seconds. So basically I should change to airplane/bluetooth mode in the gofigure app (I just switched Wifi off/bluetooth on in my phone).

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #12,044 of 18,742
Thank you very much for your feedback :) Yes indeed very few seconds. So basically I should change to airplane/bluetooth mode in the gofigure app (I just switched Wifi off/bluetooth on in my phone).

You can leave wifi on on your phone. That shouldnt cause the interference. But try airplane/bluetooth mode on the poly when streaming to it via bluetooth. If your poly isnt connected to wifi, it should turn the wifi radio off and prevent it from constantly trying to search and connect to something, which is what I think is causing the interference. And yes, you can turn on airplane mode through gofigure. Just remember to switch it off later whenever you want to use wifi on the poly again.

Feb 15, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #12,045 of 18,742
Thank you so much, i must say, MALP is the faster than BubbleUPnP and mconnect :) Now m more happy with my Poly
My pleasure

I just assumed initially when talking about Bubble UPnP that you were referring to streaming, hence my suggestion for mConnect, now I know you are looking for SD card playback M.A.L.P is, IMO, the better option.
You may need to set profiles for Mobile Hotspot, Poly Hotspot and Home WiFi but once these are created it is simple to switch between and use at your leisure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back