Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 28, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #11,897 of 18,742
Does one incur a wait time when connecting to poly for SD card playback? Library take time to load?

Is SD card playback still the most reliable form of playback?

One last Q, I’ve read gapless playback is a thing, is that so for SD card too?

Jan 28, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #11,898 of 18,742
Does one incur a wait time when connecting to poly for SD card playback? Library take time to load?

Is SD card playback still the most reliable form of playback?

One last Q, I’ve read gapless playback is a thing, is that so for SD card too?
Using M.A.L.P there's no wait time to connect or to load library (after the initial library read). It's pretty much my sole use of Poly these days until its development matures, but it's proven reliable.
The only way I've found currently to get correct bit perfect gapless playback inc DSDs is by using MPD based players (eg M.A.L.P again)

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #11,899 of 18,742
Jan 28, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #11,900 of 18,742
A big reason why I've held off on buying. A shame.
Wonder with chrome cast discontinued if there would be any investment from chord to integrate with it

Jan 28, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #11,901 of 18,742
Wonder with chrome cast discontinued if there would be any investment from chord to integrate with it

The Chromecast Audio device was discontinued, not the casting feature.

Jan 28, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #11,903 of 18,742
It's the hardware (Chromecast Audio) that was discontinued. The software functionality is still there, integrated into so many apps (Tidal/Quobuz/Deezer/Spotify/Google Play Music/SoundCloud, etc.) and Google will continue to support Google Cast. Also the Chromecast functionality is still integrated in many hardware products that aren't made by Google (for example AV receivers like Sony STR-DN1080 or Speakers from a lot of companies).

This is Google's statement regarding this:
"Our product portfolio continues to evolve, and now we have a variety of products for users to enjoy audio. We have therefore stopped manufacturing our Chromecast Audio products. We will continue to offer assistance for Chromecast Audio devices, so users can continue to enjoy their music, podcasts and more."

I think Chord should have offered Google Cast support together with Airplay (or even instead) since it's compatible with both Android and iOS devices. Even with Windows and Linux devices, since you can Cast from Google Chrome. Google Cast works with many different products as opposed to Airplay that is only available on Apple devices. But considering that GoFigure was launched on iOS first (not to mention how long it took to arrive on Android) and Poly has Airplay instead of Chromecast functionality, i think Android clients aren't that important to them or an afterthought. Now that GoFigure app and Tidal Masters launched on Android, i hope they will change their mind and focus on adding Chromecast/Google Cast functionality to Poly.

Jan 28, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #11,904 of 18,742
It's been quite quiet on that front since initial promises. I think it's very much needed to improve the Android end of things.

Yes this would complete the functionality for me, Roon at home and the ability to cast Tidal offline while out would be awesome.....

Jan 30, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #11,905 of 18,742
It is expensive, but compare that to having to pay 119 bux a year.

The biggest thing that bugged me at first with Roon, was what endpoints to enable and configure.

This is no lie, I have 16 endpoints, only 3 are enabled, two are Chord Asio and Chord Wasapi and the third is Xonar spdif via Xonar 64 optical.

My Sky boxes are all disabled, all my soundbars, tv’s, ipad and iphone, my droid phones and a bunch of other things that can be an endpoint but which I don’t want to or need them to be an end point.

I think it’s excellent and the info and other albums it can gather from the net is cool but, you really need one if not both tidal and qobuz streaming services and thats where roon shines, along with roon radio which tries to play music im the same genre’s that you are playing.

Once you get the endpoints figured, hopefully you won’t look back.

You have a year to play about with it so hopefully you will really like it given time.
I do have end points configured but I do believe my issues are related to my PC or broadband network. Trying to playback Qobuz tracks higher than 48 kHz results in buffering etc when on ROON or even directly on my Win10 PC, however these same files play perfectly well via mConnect on Mojo/Poly or via UAPP on DAP/Mojo combo's

I must admit as great as the added artist info is with ROON, again just my own experience, I found searching Qobuz for my own saved content ie playlists, not as straight forward as other 3rd party apps ......

"You know what they say, everything ain't for everybody. But I tried anyway" (Quiz time- Song and artist?)

PS I have both Tidal and Qobuz, although Qobuz only on a 30 day trial especially with the buffering
PPS I have just set up ROON on a newer MacBook Pro (mid 2014) compared to my previous HP-Envy 17 (2011) lets see if that makes any difference

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #11,906 of 18,742
I do have end points configured but I do believe my issues are related to my PC or broadband network. Trying to playback Qobuz tracks higher than 48 kHz results in buffering etc when on ROON or even directly on my Win10 PC, however these same files play perfectly well via mConnect on Mojo/Poly or via UAPP on DAP/Mojo combo's

I must admit as great as the added artist info is with ROON, again just my own experience, I found searching Qobuz for my own saved content ie playlists, not as straight forward as other 3rd party apps ......

"You know what they say, everything ain't for everybody. But I tried anyway" (Quiz time- Song and artist?)

PS I have both Tidal and Qobuz, although Qobuz only on a 30 day trial especially with the buffering
PPS I have just set up ROON on a newer MacBook pro (mid 2014) compared to my previous 2011 HP-Envy lets see if that makes any difference

Hmmm, 48khz buffers, what is your broadband package and what is the actual speed you are getting ?

Are you on adsl or vdsl ? I would presume if you have higher than 2mbit you should have no problems with 48khz tracks.

Jan 30, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #11,907 of 18,742
Yes this would complete the functionality for me, Roon at home and the ability to cast Tidal offline while out would be awesome.....
Yep agree with all above, the Chrome Cast functionality would be awesome on Poly

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #11,908 of 18,742
Hmmm, 48khz buffers, what is your broadband package and what is the actual speed you are getting ?

Are you on adsl or vdsl ? I would presume if you have higher than 2mbit you should have no problems with 48khz tracks.
Yep anything above 48 kHz ie 88.2, 96, 128 or greater.
I have VDSL and an advertised 67Mb download 20Mb upload although I think I am at about 50Mb download.

Come to think of it maybe my network could be the bottleneck as my Plex does the same when trying to stream at anything higher than 720p HD (high) 4Mbps

Jan 30, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #11,909 of 18,742
Yep anything above 48 kHz ie 88.2, 96, 128 or greater.
I have VDSL and an advertised 67Mb download 20Mb upload although I think I am at about 50Mb download.

Come to think of it maybe my network could be the bottleneck as my Plex does the same when trying to stream at anything higher than 720p HD (high) 4Mbps

Are you trying 48khz via qobuz app ?

If so, hi res playback using chord asio driver is broken in qobuz app for windows, but it works in roon.

The only thing I can think of is your windows audio settings are set wrong, or your getting shafted by your isp. But I don’t think you would be getting shafted that bad.

Maybe you have malware and it’s eating up your bandwidth, your modem/routers lights, how fast are they flashing when you have your computer turned off and everything else that uses it, turned off also. If your router or modems are flashing like crazy without you downloading or streaming, then something is using it, could be anything from a virus, malware or a neighbour using your wifi as it’s not locked down with a password or is using wep instead of wpa2.

Go online to an antivirus provider and do their free scan, it wont get rid of any viruses or malware but it will let you know you are infected,

Jan 30, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #11,910 of 18,742
This is probably a stupid question but if I'm out and about with my phone and my iem and I have Spotify offline playlists downloaded.
What are the options to use the poly if I don't want to use mobile data to stream the music to the poly.

Is the only option to go Bluetooth or wired?
My phone has mobile data but I don't want to use it for anything else than browsing the internet because I don't have unlimited GB's of data.

What is the hotspot mode?

Is there a way for me to have it setup that I get the max audio quality out of it , while I'm able to use my phone to browse the web (mobile data is not disabled), but without having the poly consume mobile data to stream the offline playlist that is stored on my phone's memory (Samsung galaxy s9+)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back