Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 8, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #11,686 of 18,669
Jan 8, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #11,687 of 18,669
Hi Folks,

anyone up here with the same problem as me? I try to swap with GoFigure between my two WiFi networks at home once I have moved from one place to another, Poly tries to change to the new, stronger signal since the upper led starts blinking but nothing is really done. When I come back to my smartphone and its screen is turned on again, GoFigure only shows a circle trying to update all WiFi networks that have disappeared.

The procedure is usually as follows:
-Move myself to another part of my house where the original wifi signal is weaker
-Poly loses initial connection.
-I try then to switch it to another stronger wifi signal that is detected in GoFigure.
Poly (upper led) starts to blink.
-No success in switching, meanwhile my smarphone turns it screen off.
-Come back to my GoFigure, and while GoFigure is working, no wifi network is to be shown. Poly has stopped searching.
-Have to switch off my Poly and turn it on again into the second's wifi optimal coverage and continue where I previously was...

To bypass this issue, I use to put my smartphone into Hotspot Mode as well as when I'm out of my home.

Thanks in advance.

@casper3127 please email support@chordelectronics.co.uk so we can run through this. You shouldn't need to use Gofigure once your WiFi networks are setup in Poly. Once you move away from one WiFi network and are in range of the new WiFi network Poly will just automatically connect. The flashing P status (top LED) would indicate that Poly can't 'see' the new network but email us so we can run some checks.

Jan 8, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #11,688 of 18,669
@casper3127 please email support@chordelectronics.co.uk so we can run through this. You shouldn't need to use Gofigure once your WiFi networks are setup in Poly. Once you move away from one WiFi network and are in range of the new WiFi network Poly will just automatically connect. The flashing P status (top LED) would indicate that Poly can't 'see' the new network but email us so we can run some checks.

Thanks for the reply Matt. I'm already in contact with Ed at the email you've posted. I'll let him know you've contacted me here, on Head-Fi.

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #11,689 of 18,669
Guys, any idea why when after finally setting up my foobar connection with Poly (after updating Poly firmware to 1.0.26) and using upnp I have a problem that after starting to play music Poly stops after every interruption (changing the song, pausing, stopping music etc)? Then I have to power off Poly, wait for a moment, switch it on. And the problem then is repeating. While not interrupted generally Poly is doing nice. Poly is connected to my home wifi. My PC is connected to the same router by RJ45 cable. Poly is not connected to any Bluetooth device. I am using the most recent versions of foobar2000 and upnp renderer component. Thanks :).

Jan 9, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #11,690 of 18,669
Hi @Spikelee0332,
Yes as @Gr8h8m mentioned this is one of the things we are working on. I'm assuming your SACD music is in .dsf format as .dff files have no metadata anyway.
I'm not sure whether you have tried but in the settings for M.A.L.P you also have the option to download artwork from the web. It may not be able to populate all
of your SACD library but it is worth a go.
For the avoidance of confusion - this won't scrape artwork for any SACD / MP3 files as they aren't currently catalogued in the MPD library, but it *will* work for catalogued FLACs, so long as they're properly tagged (eg using MusicBrainz).

Jan 9, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #11,691 of 18,669
Guys, any idea why when after finally setting up my foobar connection with Poly (after updating Poly firmware to 1.0.26) and using upnp I have a problem that after starting to play music Poly stops after every interruption (changing the song, pausing, stopping music etc)? Then I have to power off Poly, wait for a moment, switch it on. And the problem then is repeating. While not interrupted generally Poly is doing nice. Poly is connected to my home wifi. My PC is connected to the same router by RJ45 cable. Poly is not connected to any Bluetooth device. I am using the most recent versions of foobar2000 and upnp renderer component. Thanks :).
Wish I could help now. I was trying to replicate your issues last night and I couldn’t. I hope someone else has some insight

Jan 9, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #11,693 of 18,669
Jan 9, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #11,694 of 18,669
Jan 9, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #11,695 of 18,669
As the lyrics in Send in the Clowns say

"Don't Bother they're here"

Tidal Masters are available on Android immediately with apps like UAPP and mConnect already offering Tidal Masters.
It's taken long enough I bought my Onkyo DP-X1 on the strength of the forthcoming Tidal Masters 3 years ago.
Cool, so if masters new to android or not :) I use iPhone so I was just sharing for others potential benefit.

Jan 9, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #11,696 of 18,669
Tidal Masters now working in my Galaxy S9plus,
10224089_thumb.png

Here on Pixel 2 XL too

Attachments

• Tidal Masters.png
    Tidal Masters.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Jan 9, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #11,697 of 18,669
Cool, so if masters new to android or not :) I use iPhone so I was just sharing for others potential benefit.
Yes masters has only recently become available in the last few days on Android, but I think the developers of UAPP and mConnect have been working on masters for the last week or two

Jan 9, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #11,698 of 18,669
Wish I could help now. I was trying to replicate your issues last night and I couldn’t. I hope someone else has some insight
There are two things more that come to my mind - I will try to test it on different PC and/or different wi-fi router/network. We will see how it's gonna work :). And thanks man - with your help I am a lot closer to good solution :).

Jan 9, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #11,699 of 18,669
If I’m out and about, is there anyway to stream via Spotify? Does this Spotify Connect outside of a home WiFi environment? I can’t find a definitive answer. But I’m guessing that it can only do this whilst running on the same WiFi network, which would be disappointing....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back