Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 30, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #11,356 of 18,742
Done some testing.

First the good news: BubbleUPnP and mConnect play gaplessly to local renderer from MinimServer.

The bad news: They don't to Poly.

Do chord claim that Poly does gapless playback?

I couldn't get Poly or any local dlna renderer to play gaplessly from LMS, but suspect a configuration error somewhere.
Thank you for testing. That's been my experience of DLNA with Poly too, which is why I won't use it and use MPD instead, but it's always good to find out if there's been a way found to make it work.

Nov 30, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #11,357 of 18,742
I need a poly plz pm me

I live in France

Nov 30, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #11,359 of 18,742
Dec 1, 2018 at 4:09 AM Post #11,360 of 18,742
I just revived my Poly today. I’m sure my opinion may change after I discovered the best ways to utilize it but I currently hate it. All the app are laggy, the database slow. I’ve used Jremote with Media Center on my PC and Mac for years. I expected something similar to that where the database is sync on my phone and very quick to reply with album art and actual options. All these apps stink. It’s the worst purchase ever.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #11,361 of 18,742
I just revived my Poly today. I’m sure my opinion may change after I discovered the best ways to utilize it but I currently hate it. All the app a laggy, the database slow. I’ve used Jremote with Media Center on my PC and Mac for years. I expected something similar to that where the database is sync on my phone and very quick to reply with album art and actual options. All these apps stink. It’s the worst purchase ever.
You can sel me if you want

Dec 1, 2018 at 5:45 AM Post #11,362 of 18,742
I just revived my Poly today. I’m sure my opinion may change after I discovered the best ways to utilize it but I currently hate it. All the app a laggy, the database slow. I’ve used Jremote with Media Center on my PC and Mac for years. I expected something similar to that where the database is sync on my phone and very quick to reply with album art and actual options. All these apps stink. It’s the worst purchase ever.
Sell it to @jprenaud78 .
They can give Poly the TLC that it deserves.

Dec 1, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #11,363 of 18,742
Does any of you know why Roon Core server installed on my iMac displays "Uncertified" for my Mojo-Poly combo?

Screenshot 2018-12-01 at 12.47.51.png Screenshot 2018-12-01 at 12.48.02.png Screenshot 2018-12-01 at 12.49.09.png

I have tried Roon Core on my QNAP TS-453A NAS which was running SATA spinning drive and it was totally a disaster (I read before that I should have the server and the database running on a SSD drive, but I wanted to give it a try with a spin drive), so I switched the Roon Core to my iMac which is having a Fusion Drive (SSD+spinning 2TB hard drive).

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 7:51 AM Post #11,364 of 18,742
Does any of you know why Roon Core server installed on my iMac displays "Uncertified" for my Mojo-Poly combo?

I have tried Roon Core on my QNAP TS-453A NAS which was running SATA spinning drive and it was totally a disaster (I read before that I should have the server and the database running on a SSD drive, but I wanted to give it a try with a spin drive), so I switched the Roon Core to my iMac which is having a Fusion Drive (SSD+spinning 2TB hard drive).
Just search this thread using the term 'uncertified' and you will get plenty of posts on the topic, such as this one
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-602#post-14178195

Overall it seems like Roon will work, but Roon HQ can avoid providing customer support until they certify the Poly.
Poly has been undergoing certification for 12 months now, so to anyone familiar with 'IT speak', Roon hardly seems an 'agile' company.

Dec 1, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #11,365 of 18,742
Just search this thread using the term 'uncertified' and you will get plenty of posts on the topic, such as this one
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-☆-poly-☆-wireless-microsd-module-for-mojo-☆★►useful-info-on-1st-page-◄★☆.831347/page-602#post-14178195

Overall it seems like Roon will work, but Roon HQ can avoid providing customer support until they certify the Poly.
Poly has been undergoing certification for 12 months now, so to anyone familiar with 'IT speak', Roon hardly seems an 'agile' company.

I wouldn’t put it all on Roon. They have a diverse user base and may want to see the “final” version of Poly/GoFigure working on Android and iOS. But I will say, regardless, Roon has worked flawlessly and amazingly well from the beginning for me.

Dec 2, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #11,370 of 18,742
Flacbox seems to work the way I expected a DLAN app to work. I’m much happier now.

But I still can’t connect with Gofigure. I’m using FW 2.0.301 on the Poly. Anyone have any advice how to solve this issue?
Please contact our help line info @chordelectronics.co.uk and chat to Mitch I’m sure he can sort out your problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back