Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 26, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #11,296 of 18,741
There is nothing to worry about. Tidal integration is a genuine method supported by Tidal.

The difference in volume between iPad and iPhone is a little odd. I presume both are running the same iOS and you don't have volume limit turned on for your iPhone?

Does this Tidal integration support android devices ? At this moment i have to share the tidal track through Bubbleupnp in order to play through Poly.

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #11,297 of 18,741
Just a note though you will still need Poly connected to the internet to play Tidal tracks as it needs to stream from their servers. As yet Tidal will not allow offline content
to be stored and streamed unless you use their own app which has encryption and meets the requirements for DRM.

I'm sure that I will wait until Tidal will "see" Poly as direct endpoint, just like it does with Roon.

I know I can use other methods but I prefer that.

The difference in volume between iPad and iPhone is a little odd. I presume both are running the same iOS and you don't have volume limit turned on for your iPhone?

They are both without any limiter, but, with the same volume scale level, the iPad will sound higher than the iPhone. It's not an issue at all, just a weird thing that I notice. Also, actually I use 99% the iPhone for Mojo, not the iPad.

Nov 26, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #11,298 of 18,741
I'm sure that I will wait until Tidal will "see" Poly as direct endpoint, just like it does with Roon.

I know I can use other methods but I prefer that.

They are both without any limiter, but, with the same volume scale level, the iPad will sound higher than the iPhone. It's not an issue at all, just a weird thing that I notice. Also, actually I use 99% the iPhone for Mojo, not the iPad.

I'm not sure Tidal will ever allow direct endpoints or offline content support but we will see (even Roon hasn't managed local storage of offline Tidal files yet). The competition from other streaming platforms is increasing and may force Tidal to rethink.

Nov 26, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #11,299 of 18,741
So. At this point, if I want a dap to play Tidal offline through my Mojo, is Poly a real contender or is buying it £600 of pain? If so I think a dominatrix would be more fun!

Nov 26, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #11,303 of 18,741
So. At this point, if I want a dap to play Tidal offline through my Mojo, is Poly a real contender or is buying it £600 of pain? If so I think a dominatrix would be more fun!

I know you guys are being funny, but Matt was spending his free t8me here trying to help, so let me provide a serious answer: Cintender.

In fact, I’ve never heard Mojo sound better than through Poly. About half my library is ALAC on an SD card and the other half Tidal offline on my iPhone. I use Roon at home with Poly/Mojo, hybrid hotspot mode at work (where the iPhone is the hotspot and Poly is in network (DLNA) mode, and just finished a 3-week vacation where Poly was used as a hotspot that my phone connected to (for flights and situations without data). All 3 use cases worked well and sounded great! Daily use and virtually all the pain of the early days is gone. Will need to call in the dominatrix now if I want pain (or pay some more college tuition bills).

Nov 28, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #11,304 of 18,741
I'm not sure Tidal will ever allow direct endpoints or offline content support but we will see (even Roon hasn't managed local storage of offline Tidal files yet). The competition from other streaming platforms is increasing and may force Tidal to rethink.

I only wish in a “Tidal mode” just like exists for Roon.

Nov 28, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #11,305 of 18,741
I only wish in a “Tidal mode” just like exists for Roon.
I imagine that’s what it does - there’s no way go figure will be used to control which albums are picked for example ?
Don’t know.

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #11,306 of 18,741
Please NO.

I don't want another "support" to Tidal like my receiver, that really support Tidal, but through the (awful) app called HEOS.

I wish in a "Tidal mode" that works like Roon... I mean a real END-POINT, to be more precise, you open your Tidal app on your smartphone or tablet, then push the "send" button and see CHORD POLY as end-point (like it already does with bluetooth devices).

If I can have that I could even un-subscribe Roon, stay with Poly+Mojo, Tidal for most of my music and what isn't on Tidal I could put it on the Poly SD.

Nov 28, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #11,307 of 18,741
Please NO.

I don't want another "support" to Tidal like my receiver, that really support Tidal, but through the (awful) app called HEOS.

I wish in a "Tidal mode" that works like Roon... I mean a real END-POINT, to be more precise, you open your Tidal app on your smartphone or tablet, then push the "send" button and see CHORD POLY as end-point (like it already does with bluetooth devices).

If I can have that I could even un-subscribe Roon, stay with Poly+Mojo, Tidal for most of my music and what isn't on Tidal I could put it on the Poly SD.

I think I can say that this is something the whole industry would like to see but currently Tidal do not offer such a service.

Nov 28, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #11,308 of 18,741
Is it anyone who still prefer to have a Plex server with Plex lifetime pass, as I have myself, rather than buying Roon?
I have a Qnap server, I intend to buy a Poly soon, but I cannot figure what benefits I will get if I will buy the Roon license. Maybe some of you can clear out some of my curiosities:

1. If am aware that I can stream DSD files into Poly from a Roon server located on the same WiFi network with Poly. But can I do the same via a VPN connection or while being away of my local WiFi network? Of course, I won't carry the NAS server with me.
2. Are they any instructions/videos that explain how a Poly works with Plex? Is anyone using Plex Server, in any working configuration, together with Poly? If not, is this kind of configuration on Chord's development roadmap?

They are many users who have Plex Server as media server and wouldn't go paying 499USD for Roon lifetime license. Or?

Nov 28, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #11,309 of 18,741
Please NO.

Apple Music just need to make their service lossless and Airplay 2 would work like magic for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back