Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 24, 2018 at 2:21 AM Post #11,281 of 18,669
We will investigate. I know you reported this a while back as well but so far I have no other reports of this happening. If anyone else on here has this issue can you please let me know.
If I remember correctly where you using the Nokia 8 phone?
Correct! If I change the name then it will start appearing as BlueZ 5.43 in my laptop search as well for instance

Nov 25, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #11,283 of 18,669
Is Poly able to be seen as “endpoint” by Tidal or I will need to use Airplay for Tidal?

Nov 25, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #11,284 of 18,669
Hey @Matt Bartlett - Thank you, your temporary work around works! Great stuff!
Can I ask once again about working MP3 etc tags in MPD next, please?
Thanks for letting me know that's great to hear - at least the work around will make it easier to browse your playlists for the moment.
Yes we have the tagging problem noted to work through with the firmware update.

Nov 25, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #11,286 of 18,669
But gofigure for Android doesn't work with Android 6. Sigh! And 'despite the application in google play is written "compatible with Android 4.4

Yes apologies. This is because currently Google are 'upgrading' their development platforms so there isn't an option to add a compatibility list. Some customers have reported no problems with Android 6 but it does vary from device to device depending on whether the manufacturer has implemented all the services we require. In general I would recommend Android 7.1 and above.

Nov 25, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #11,287 of 18,669
Is Poly able to be seen as “endpoint” by Tidal or I will need to use Airplay for Tidal?

No it isn't. If you want to use the Tidal app then you will need to use Airplay. However there are apps like M Connect for iOS and Bubble UPnP for Android ( and also Poly directly once we release updated firmware ) that integrate Tidal so you can stream directly via the network and benefit from higher resolutions. I'm sure there are some posters here that have had experience with them and can give you advice if you would like it.

Nov 25, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #11,288 of 18,669
Only tangentially related to MojoPoly, but the "._" 4k files were driving me a little nuts.

Blue Harvest, developed by Ross Tulloch (ZeroOneTwenty), is a discovery I made today. Wasn't a fan of the price at $15, but I guess this is a pretty niche product, and niche products tend to be pricey. Seems to work pretty well. Doesn't stop OS X from making the files, but goes in afterwards and deletes the created files.

Still testing, definitely works on newly created OS X invisible and unnecessary files, but not sure if it works on older invisible files that were already there. Seems to, but need to test on all my micro-SD cards.

While I do find $15 for a software license perfectly reasonable (especially considering what we here drop on hardware!), for those of you who are comfortable using the Terminal on macOS, there’s the dot_clean command. For example, my SD card is named “MojoMusic” and I simply run the following command once I’m done with any kind of changes on the card:

dot_clean -mv /Volumes/MojoMusic

That’s it.

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #11,289 of 18,669
No it isn't. If you want to use the Tidal app then you will need to use Airplay. However there are apps like M Connect for iOS and Bubble UPnP for Android ( and also Poly directly once we release updated firmware ) that integrate Tidal so you can stream directly via the network and benefit from higher resolutions. I'm sure there are some posters here that have had experience with them and can give you advice if you would like it.

I am not sure if I understood, but Chord is working to integrate Tidal into Poly, somehow, without using AirPlay?
I am subscriber of Tiday HiFi and the only thing that stops me buying now a Poly is this missing integration/support with my Apple iPhone 8 Plus.

Nov 25, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #11,290 of 18,669

I was worried about that answer. The fact that I can use an app that isn't the genuine Tidal app sounds like a workaround to me. :frowning2:

I am not sure if I understood, but Chord is working to integrate Tidal into Poly, somehow, without using AirPlay?
I am subscriber of Tiday HiFi and the only thing that stops me buying now a Poly is this missing integration/support with my Apple iPhone 8 Plus.

I absolutely agree with you, and I own your same phone.

I also own an iPad Pro, weirdly, the volume on the iPad is stronger than the iPhone with Mojo.

Nov 25, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #11,291 of 18,669
While I do find $15 for a software license perfectly reasonable (especially considering what we here drop on hardware!), for those of you who are comfortable using the Terminal on macOS, there’s the dot_clean command. For example, my SD card is named “MojoMusic” and I simply run the following command once I’m done with any kind of changes on the card:

dot_clean -mv /Volumes/MojoMusic

That’s it.

Nice. Oh well. Wasted money cuz i couldn’t find such advice anywhere. Figures the tip would emerge after i spend cash.

Yay me....

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:22 AM Post #11,292 of 18,669

Yes that's correct. Although in general there is nothing wrong with using Airplay as this supports 16/44 playback which covers the majority of Tidal tracks. This should work
fine with your iPhone 8 plus.
Just a note though you will still need Poly connected to the internet to play Tidal tracks as it needs to stream from their servers. As yet Tidal will not allow offline content
to be stored and streamed unless you use their own app which has encryption and meets the requirements for DRM.

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:31 AM Post #11,293 of 18,669
Yes that's correct. Although in general there is nothing wrong with using Airplay as this supports 16/44 playback which covers the majority of Tidal tracks. This should work fine with your iPhone 8 plus.
So are you saying that with streaming via AirPlay directly from Tidal app I will not lose any quality of what a Tidal CD-quality song will have via a HiFi subscription? The quality is the same as I would use the USB lightning cable with a Micro USB adapter?

Just a note though you will still need Poly connected to the internet to play Tidal tracks as it needs to stream from their servers.
What about if I have the songs stored offline on my iPhone? Due to the fact that I avoid LTE data transfer while I am on the road, I have about 60GB of Tidal songs stored on my iPhone. Some of them are Tidal Masters at 24bit/96kHz.
The reason why I am pointing to Tidal integration is that I want to listen all my collection via some kind of hotspot solution, without using the Micro-USB which can break inside my pocket.
Having the songs stored on my smartphone and using Tidal as some kind of hotspot to stream high bitrates is something which I am looking for.

As yet Tidal will not allow offline content to be stored and streamed unless you use their own app which has encryption and meets the requirements for DRM.
Have you tried to approach them and propose them a way to re-integrate their encryption mechanisms into other app made by Chord? Also the Glider developers could try this approach, too.

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #11,294 of 18,669
I was worried about that answer. The fact that I can use an app that isn't the genuine Tidal app sounds like a workaround to me. :frowning2:

I absolutely agree with you, and I own your same phone.

I also own an iPad Pro, weirdly, the volume on the iPad is stronger than the iPhone with Mojo.

There is nothing to worry about. Tidal integration is a genuine method supported by Tidal.

The difference in volume between iPad and iPhone is a little odd. I presume both are running the same iOS and you don't have volume limit turned on for your iPhone?

Nov 26, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #11,295 of 18,669
So are you saying that with streaming via AirPlay directly from Tidal app I will not lose any quality of what a Tidal CD-quality song will have via a HiFi subscription? The quality is the same as I would use the USB lightning cable with a Micro USB adapter?

What about if I have the songs stored offline on my iPhone? Due to the fact that I avoid LTE data transfer while I am on the road, I have about 60GB of Tidal songs stored on my iPhone. Some of them are Tidal Masters at 24bit/96kHz.
The reason why I am pointing to Tidal integration is that I want to listen all my collection via some kind of hotspot solution, without using the Micro-USB which can break inside my pocket.
Having the songs stored on my smartphone and using Tidal as some kind of hotspot to stream high bitrates is something which I am looking for.

Have you tried to approach them and propose them a way to re-integrate their encryption mechanisms into other app made by Chord? Also the Glider developers could try this approach, too.

Yes you receive the same data into Mojo whether you use a direct cable or if you use Airplay.

If you have offline content stored in your iPhone then only the Tidal app will support these. Currently playback via Airplay or cable is the only method of playback.

Yes we and I'm sure many of the other HiFi manufacturers have approached Tidal ( including Roon ) to ask about an option to provide offline playback but as yet they do not have this facility. The encryption requires the Tidal app or a connection to their server to authorise playback.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back