Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 7, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #10,996 of 18,669
+1. If you use it in hotspot mode you will not have any issue with an iPhone as remote. I think in network mode some issue are not from the poly itself but from the internet débit or from the box.

Oct 7, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #10,997 of 18,669
The audio quality MojoPoly puts out (esp when reading out of SD) is enough for me to overlook any small issues it may have here and there.
Some people actually had enjoyed issue-free experience. (iphone user here)

Think of it as an ultimate audio source. Flexibility of it to connect to literally anything. I connect it to my car, headphones, portable bluetooth speaker, sound board, Shelf Speakers. It makes even the cheapest speakers sound premium. Simply reference level quality for its price bracket.

That's good to know. The SQ is definitely a selling point to me.

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #11,000 of 18,669
So I'm borrowing a Poly to test it out and possibly write a review. The owner is an iOS guy and it's the easiest thing in the world for him to connect via airplay and do whatever he wants. He also has access to the Chord app for more options.

I, however, am on Android and this is the most obnoxious, frustrating experience ever. I spent 2 hours fiddling with it last night and couldn't get it working right. So far, here's where I am at:

- When connecting to it via its hotspot, BubbleUpnp was only able to detect it intermittently. I changed it around to conncet to my phone's hotspot and it was found reliably.
- While BubbleUpnp detected the renderer, it's not detecting the Library (SD card). It's a 64gb Sandisk that isn't full and reads fine when I insert it into my A&K DAP.
- I read through the beginning of this thread and decided to try MALP since it seems like it'd be superior to BubbleUpnp anyways. I used a network scanner app to try to find the IP address of the Poly on my phone's hotspot. The device shows as "Murata Manufacturing Co Ltd". Is this the correct device? It's the only thing connected so I assume so.
- When setting it up on MALP (192.168.43.54:6600) I get an error that it's failing to connect every 5 seconds.
- I used a port scanner and port 5000 seems to be open but that doesn't help anything.
- Bluetooth connects fine but then I have no way of playing tracks off the SD card.

I suspect the problem has something to do with the Poly not being able to read my SD Card. It's the only thing left that makes sense (though as I said, other devices read it just fine). I read that if there's no SD card detected, it won't show up as a library in BubbleUpnp.

Anyways, any help on this would be appreciated. For the record I'm using Android 9 on an Essential PH-1. Thx!

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #11,001 of 18,669
No. It is not worth the price.

- The batterie only lasts for about 5 hours.
- You need about 5 hours to charge it up completly.

The outdated Batterie-technologie ruins the Mojo-Poly.
I only get about 4 hours out of the battery.
It really drives me mad.
The poly cannot be kept connected to mojo otherwise it drains the mojo battery.
I fully charge the unit overnight. Go to work, an hour later I turn it on, the mojo light is Amber...
Then, I can play it fir a while, aware the battery will run out before lunch. So then I try to top it up with charge. But charging while playing causes it to overheat so then it shuts down.
Is this normal- I feel my experience in relation to the battery is very poor.

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #11,002 of 18,669
So I'm borrowing a Poly to test it out and possibly write a review. The owner is an iOS guy and it's the easiest thing in the world for him to connect via airplay and do whatever he wants. He also has access to the Chord app for more options.

I, however, am on Android and this is the most obnoxious, frustrating experience ever. I spent 2 hours fiddling with it last night and couldn't get it working right. So far, here's where I am at:

- When connecting to it via its hotspot, BubbleUpnp was only able to detect it intermittently. I changed it around to conncet to my phone's hotspot and it was found reliably.
- While BubbleUpnp detected the renderer, it's not detecting the Library (SD card). It's a 64gb Sandisk that isn't full and reads fine when I insert it into my A&K DAP.
- I read through the beginning of this thread and decided to try MALP since it seems like it'd be superior to BubbleUpnp anyways. I used a network scanner app to try to find the IP address of the Poly on my phone's hotspot. The device shows as "Murata Manufacturing Co Ltd". Is this the correct device? It's the only thing connected so I assume so.
- When setting it up on MALP (192.168.43.54:6600) I get an error that it's failing to connect every 5 seconds.
- I used a port scanner and port 5000 seems to be open but that doesn't help anything.
- Bluetooth connects fine but then I have no way of playing tracks off the SD card.

I suspect the problem has something to do with the Poly not being able to read my SD Card. It's the only thing left that makes sense (though as I said, other devices read it just fine). I read that if there's no SD card detected, it won't show up as a library in BubbleUpnp.

Anyways, any help on this would be appreciated. For the record I'm using Android 9 on an Essential PH-1. Thx!
Poly can be a bit picky with some cards, but other owners have generally found Sandisk reliable.
Have you tried the Chord Android app beta test version? That seemed to receive good public feedback during the beta testing a few weeks ago.

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #11,003 of 18,669
Poly can be a bit picky with some cards, but other owners have generally found Sandisk reliable.
Have you tried the Chord Android app beta test version? That seemed to receive good public feedback during the beta testing a few weeks ago.
I have not. How would I get ahold of that?

Oct 8, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #11,005 of 18,669

On my own experience i can say: not all sd-cards are compatible to Poly.

The sd-card seems to be orginally formated in exFAT. Like that one here that is working for me:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B012VKUAIS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried these one´s too, but these are not working with chord poly:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B073S8TQH6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B073JYC4XM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also tried out to just insert them into a computer and reformat to ExFAT’. But it dont helped, dont working.

Oct 8, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #11,006 of 18,669
On my own experience i can say: not all sd-cards are compatible to Poly.

The sd-card seems to be orginally formated in exFAT. Like that one here that is working for me:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B012VKUAIS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried these one´s too, but these are not working with chord poly:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B073S8TQH6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B073JYC4XM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also tried out to just insert them into a computer and reformat to ExFAT’. But it dont helped, dont working.
Yeah, that was going to be my next test tonight after work (reformatting). Sounds like it might not help but doesn't hurt to try at this point.

Oct 8, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #11,007 of 18,669
I only get about 4 hours out of the battery.
It really drives me mad.
The poly cannot be kept connected to mojo otherwise it drains the mojo battery.
I fully charge the unit overnight. Go to work, an hour later I turn it on, the mojo light is Amber...
Then, I can play it fir a while, aware the battery will run out before lunch. So then I try to top it up with charge. But charging while playing causes it to overheat so then it shuts down.
Is this normal- I feel my experience in relation to the battery is very poor.

I have not experienced that a “shut off” Poly connected to Mojo drains the Mojo battery. Pretty much I leave them connected together all the time and a fully charged Mojo/Poly both show blue lights the next morning when brought to work. I will say that battery like is down to 5-6 hours after 3 years when it used to be more like 8-9.

Oct 8, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #11,008 of 18,669
I have not experienced that a “shut off” Poly connected to Mojo drains the Mojo battery. Pretty much I leave them connected together all the time and a fully charged Mojo/Poly both show blue lights the next morning when brought to work. I will say that battery like is down to 5-6 hours after 3 years when it used to be more like 8-9.
This is the problem I have.... then also if you have to keep them separate to prevent power bleed, then it’s not in it’s protective case, for transport... painful.
Maybe you are always in airport mode do poly is not looking for potential WiFi bits and bobs?

Oct 8, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #11,009 of 18,669
I can confirm that Poly can be very picky with SD cards. It would literally not recognize two of my generic SD cards I have used for years in my Fiio X5. As a test I stopped by Best Buy and purchased the “real” Sandisk 128gb microSD and what do you know. It worked and works till this day.

Oct 8, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #11,010 of 18,669
I can confirm that Poly can be very picky with SD cards. It would literally not recognize two of my generic SD cards I have used for years in my Fiio X5. As a test I stopped by Best Buy and purchased the “real” Sandisk 128gb microSD and what do you know. It worked and works till this day.
Does anyone know if that reflects a hardware or firmware issue? If hardware, obviously there will be no fix incoming. But if it's firmware, we can always hope...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back