Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 18, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #10,666 of 18,752
Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #10,668 of 18,752
Enter the problem: the Poly uses MPD version 0.20.00. The current release is MPD 0.20.21. Yes, that's right: The Poly is 21 versions behind being 'up to date' on MPD.

How do you know the version is 0.20.00 ?

If you check out the MPD protocol documentation (https://www.musicpd.org/doc/protocol/syntax.html#idm5) it states

"When the client connects to the server, the server will answer with the following line:

OK MPD version
where version is a version identifier such as 0.12.2. This version identifier is the version of the protocol spoken, not the real version of the daemon. (There is no way to retrieve this real version identifier from the connection.)"

So you are not actually going to be able to determine which version the poly uses

Aug 18, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #10,669 of 18,752
Hi all, unfortunately a new issue when I try to stream qobuz or Tidal on iPhone through AirPlay. It works well but frequently return to my iPhone as player instead poly. I have good internet fiber connection, don’t surf internet at the same time and don’t understand why communication between iPhone and poly mojo as player is so unstable. The streaming work perfectly in Bluetooth mode so I suppose the issue is only between poly and iPhone.Thank you

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #10,670 of 18,752
Thank you for trying, I don't normally either, but I'm one of those people, if it is meant to have a function, I want it to be working. I have been in a position where I needed to listen to something via bluetooth and I couldn't get it to work with the Pixel 2 XL but I could with my OnePlus3.

To be clear, I use Bluetooth (LDAC) to play music all the time with the Pixel 2 (just not with the MojoPoly) without issue and using the excellent Ear Studio ES100. The MojoPoly is not small or light enough to comfortably cart around while wearing summer clothes or being semi-active, so I tend to use it in static locations like home or the office using wi-fi. I've also tweaked the Pixel 2's Bluetooth settings in Developer Options to force LDAC to prefer "highest audio quality" over "stable connection" again with no problems when using the ES100.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #10,671 of 18,752
To be clear, I use Bluetooth (LDAC) to play music all the time with the Pixel 2 (just not with the MojoPoly) without issue and using the excellent Ear Studio ES100. The MojoPoly is not small or light enough to comfortably cart around while wearing summer clothes or being semi-active, so I tend to use it in static locations like home or the office. I've also tweaked the Pixel 2's Bluetooth settings in Developer Options to force LDAC to prefer "highest audio quality" over "stable connection" again with no problems when using the ES100.

small point... Sony's LDAC only works with other LDAC compatible products (Android & Apple(in future) are only now starting to roll out phones with LDAC), when I had my Sony Walkman ZX2 it was just a normal Bluetooth signal that was sent to my Hugo even though the ZX2 was LDAC enabled.

all LDAC does is send the Bluetooth data at three times the speed of 'normal' Bluetooth, if the receiving Bluetooth device is not LDAC enabled you will not see/hear any benefit... Mojo/Poly are not LDAC enabled (I know Matt is researching LDAC), hth.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #10,672 of 18,752
I totally get it, and the car analogy is good, as I have had a few of those.

But, regarding Poly (and I have a sense of what you a referring to...a kind of electrical sound when controls are being accessed...which I have heard with other equipment), I have not heard this using any headphone, including Focal Elex cranked to a volume accidentally where I thought I might have blown something (but did not). I think you either have superior hearing or headphones (iems?) or some sort of defect in Mojo/Poly or elsewhere.

Good luck!

I do use IEM's and I guess they are sensitive to it. Different ones at different levels. Wonder if I plug my HD6XX in would I hear it at all... guessing no. But I am primarily an IEM user. I did discover last night that switching to airplane mode (turning off the wifi) effectively killed the static completely. So I have a good idea where its coming from. Too bad wifi is pretty much required. Think Im going to be contacting moon audio and see about potentially getting my second replacement here.

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #10,673 of 18,752
What were you feeding Mojo before? Poly won't have any bearing on sound quality (bar removing possible RF interference from a close phone). Data is data.
Mojo with Poly does in fact sounds better than Mojo alone, many of my Audiophile friends and I can confirm this fact.

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #10,674 of 18,752
Mojo with Poly does in fact sounds better than Mojo alone, many of my Audiophile friends and I can confirm this fact.
Probably because of poly player. I agree with you, smartphone are good as remote and not as players

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #10,675 of 18,752
Thanks for the help guys, after reading everyone's advice I think I'll wait for chord to polish up the android side of the spectrum before going ahead and putting more cash down.

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #10,676 of 18,752
small point... Sony's LDAC only works with other LDAC compatible products (Android & Apple(in future) are only now starting to roll out phones with LDAC), when I had my Sony Walkman ZX2 it was just a normal Bluetooth signal that was sent to my Hugo even though the ZX2 was LDAC enabled.

all LDAC does is send the Bluetooth data at three times the speed of 'normal' Bluetooth, if the receiving Bluetooth device is not LDAC enabled you will not see/hear any benefit... Mojo/Poly are not LDAC enabled (I know Matt is researching LDAC), hth.

The ES100 is LDAC enabled and with the Pixel 2, it works well. Android has had it's problems with bluetooth implementation in the past and I'm reluctant to point the finger at the PolyMojo for my specific problem without more work. I believe all phones running Android 8.0 and up have native support for Apt X HD/ LDAC (if enabled), which are capable of much better sound quality than standard bluetooth. It solves the problem of streaming, for example, hi-fi quality Tidal playlists offline (or incurring mobile data consumption rates of around 600MB/hr).

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #10,677 of 18,752
I totally get it, and the car analogy is good, as I have had a few of those.

But, regarding Poly (and I have a sense of what you a referring to...a kind of electrical sound when controls are being accessed...which I have heard with other equipment), I have not heard this using any headphone, including Focal Elex cranked to a volume accidentally where I thought I might have blown something (but did not). I think you either have superior hearing or headphones (iems?) or some sort of defect in Mojo/Poly or elsewhere.

Good luck!
Did you spot the recent user review of the Elex? It seemed quite positive, and competitively priced.

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #10,678 of 18,752
I believe all phones running Android 8.0 and up have native support for Apt X HD/ LDAC (if enabled), which are capable of much better sound quality than standard bluetooth.

can't argue with that... a couple of years back I went to a Sony-Store in Bromley, it was one of those one-off occurrences that I had my ZX2 with me so thought I'd check out what LDAC was about on one of their home hi-fi systems (LDAC enabled). Comparing devices with and without LDAC there was a discerning difference between the two, the music had more presence to my ears, more fuller sounding if you like... so yes, like your good self, I can see there are benefits.

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #10,679 of 18,752
I used to use the USB input, BUT my computer is iMac 5K retina(120W power comsumption and huge RF noises)
so now my Mojo sounds better now.:smile_phones:
Ah that makes a great deal of sense! Yes it would certainly improve your situation if you suffer from RF interference of any kind.

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #10,680 of 18,752
can't argue with that... a couple of years back I went to a Sony-Store in Bromley, it was one of those one-off occurrences that I had my ZX2 with me so thought I'd check out what LDAC was about on one of their home hi-fi systems (LDAC enabled). Comparing devices with and without LDAC there was a discerning difference between the two, the music had more presence to my ears, more fuller sounding if you like... so yes, like your good self, I can see there are benefits.

Yesterday when demo-ing IEMs at my local retailer, I had reason to compare iPad/ AAC over bluetooth with Android/LDAC in both cases using Tidal's CD quality streams as a source. The superior sound quality of LDAC over AAC was pretty much in evidence (still not as good as WiFi/ MojoPoly though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back