Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 23, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #10,232 of 18,752
Hi,
I'm finding that my mojo-poly combo isn't lasting more than 6 hours. It seems the battery depletes quicker since moving to MALP, but i grant I could be imagining that. Also, my mojo is a bit older than the poly so it may just be aged. So, now I'm looking into portable power banks to extend my battery life.

Does anyone have recommendations for power banks?

Can the mojo battery be replaced?

Thanks.
I'd contact Chord - that doesn't sound right at all. @Mojo ideas claimed that the battery would be good for 10 years (which I still find astonishing) and was somehow super advanced so I'm sure they'll change it out if it's not giving you the battery life it should.

Jul 23, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #10,234 of 18,752
Trying to use Mojo/Poly with 8Player and my AIFF files in sd card. Seems this brilliant engineering triumph won't recognize a common file format over DNLA despite all the marketing. Complete and total FAIL.

Try contacting customer support at Chord, but I assume you’ve done that hence your rant!!

Jul 23, 2018 at 6:14 PM Post #10,235 of 18,752
I'd contact Chord - that doesn't sound right at all. @Mojo ideas claimed that the battery would be good for 10 years (which I still find astonishing) and was somehow super advanced so I'm sure they'll change it out if it's not giving you the battery life it should.
There have been a lot of claims by Chord. If they had some magical battery technology that was unaffected by heat and didn't degrade for ten years they wouldn't be making audio equipment. They would be raking in piles of money selling that to the car companies for EVs.

Jul 23, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #10,236 of 18,752
In this week's edition of Things to Try While Waiting for GoFigure if You're an Android Customer:

I managed to turn my MojoPoly into an integrated digital 'pre-amp'. How?

1. Get 2 x 3.5mm > L/R RCA splitters
2. Connect one to your two channel power amp (mine is a 300wpc Sherbourn beast!) powering a pair of KEF LS50's
3. Connect the other to the inputs on your subwoofer
4. Turn the volume on your MojoPoly waaaaaaaaaay down
5. Turn-on your power amp/sub
7. Enjoy!

Jul 25, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #10,241 of 18,752
It's a stupidly arcane & opaque process right now that you have no control over - you'll only be able to check that it's been successful once it's finished via the setup webpage. There are no notifications to indicate its started. Several people have written here about temporarily bricking their Poly because of a bad update.
They should just go the normal route of a downloadable file that you stick on the root of the SD card.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #10,242 of 18,752
Anyone else unhappy about the lack of a progress update with regards GoFigure for Android? Please Chord, drop us a crumb... anything. Poly has been out in the wild for a period of several months, there are full-page advertisements in magazines for the product, yet still not even a BETA for the official app! Tell me this is not an embarrassing debacle.

Jul 25, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #10,243 of 18,752
It's a stupidly arcane & opaque process right now that you have no control over - you'll only be able to check that it's been successful once it's finished via the setup webpage. There are no notifications to indicate its started. Several people have written here about temporarily bricking their Poly because of a bad update.
They should just go the normal route of a downloadable file that you stick on the root of the SD card.
I turned mine on and off every waking hour for 24 hours and it eventually updated. It did “blue light brick” switching modes once, but everything was good after that.

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #10,244 of 18,752
Has there been a recent update? What is the latest version? My MojoPoly has been in a draw for the last couple of months.

Jul 25, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #10,245 of 18,752
Has there been a recent update? What is the latest version? My MojoPoly has been in a draw for the last couple of months.
Still on R26 AFAIK...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back