Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 4, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #9,346 of 18,757
Thank you. I just had anther look at the GoFigure manual. I don't see any part of it that explains how to even play from SD. Looks like it's not a player.

Considering I'd only want the Poly to play from SD, it looks like Poly still might not be for me. I know overall there's been problems with Poly, but more recent models are supposed to be better. ..... I was still hoping that it might be worth a try.

I know there are apps to use that play the Poly from SD card. However I never pinned down if there was one for Android. As far as I remember the apps mentioned all worked only with Apple IOS.

I think eventually I will give in and buy a DAP for portable music. It seems the only way. (I avoid IOS like the plague, because I find iTunes impossible to work. Not that Poly would need iTunes.)

I use IOS and never ever use iTunes, there is no need nowadays.

May 4, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #9,347 of 18,757
Thank you. I just had anther look at the GoFigure manual. I don't see any part of it that explains how to even play from SD. Looks like it's not a player.

Considering I'd only want the Poly to play from SD, it looks like Poly still might not be for me. I know overall there's been problems with Poly, but more recent models are supposed to be better. ..... I was still hoping that it might be worth a try.

I know there are apps to use that play the Poly from SD card. However I never pinned down if there was one for Android. As far as I remember the apps mentioned all worked only with Apple IOS.

I think eventually I will give in and buy a DAP for portable music. It seems the only way. (I avoid IOS like the plague, because I find iTunes impossible to work. Not that Poly would need iTunes.)
GoFigure isn't really designed as a music player - but there is a rough & ready one in there. Look again in the manual at the end for "Quick Play"
At the mo for Android I use MALP to play SD card stuff. Plays all hi res formats and does so gaplessly.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #9,348 of 18,757
@Matt Bartlett

Whenever I open the Gofigure app, it reads,

"Bluetooth Connection Disabled
Swipe up from the bottom of the screen on your device to access
your devices Control Center and ensure that bluetooth connections
are enabled"

Any suggestion?

I had same problem a while back.

To fix it I had to delete gofigure and download it again and also restart my phone but it still happened from time to time but, that was before my poly locked up.

I guess your poly may lockup also in the near future ? as your symptoms were the same as mine, bluetooth enabled on the phone but gofigure would say it wasnt.

I also forgot and deleted all my bluetooth devices stored on my phone.

If it does lockup when changing the settings in gofigure, the blue light will stay on until the battery is depleted.

Once the battery gets depleted your poly will be ok.

After my lockup, poly is working great and gofigure has not complained about bluetooth being disabled when it’s not.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 4, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #9,349 of 18,757
Am I imagining things, or does the new Roon update (v1.5) have a little graphic of a Mojo where it didn't before?

May 4, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #9,350 of 18,757

You can absolutely still play from SD card from android. There are two separate ways to do it, via DLNA or MPD, and there are a selection of apps that can do one or the other on android (bubbleupnp, hificast, mpdroid, etc). The difference is that with these you need some kind of wifi connection in order to play music, either via the poly's own hotspot, via a hotspot from your phone, or while connected to any other wifi network. With gofigure, the limited playback capabilities allow to play with not wifi connection, controlling directly from bluetooth.

So, I apologize if I made it sound like there was no sd card playback. The gofigure app just isnt really designed for that, but there are other apps that certainly can play back sd card content.

May 4, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #9,351 of 18,757
Am I imagining things, or does the new Roon update (v1.5) have a little graphic of a Mojo where it didn't before?

Yes that seems to be an addition in 1.5. Unfortunately Poly is still showing as uncertified. I was hoping the new version of Roon would resolve that.

May 4, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #9,352 of 18,757

I really like Poly in its flexibility to work with apps, Roon streaming, and SD playback. But, for your use case it really sounds like you’d be better off with an inexpensive dap with more SD storage options. I’d look for one with optical out, to avoid any RFI.

May 4, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #9,353 of 18,757
Is your phone Bluetooth switched on?
If not close Gofigure completely so it isn't running.
Switch on your phone Bluetooth and then reopen Gofigure.

I do. I turned the Bluetooth on and off multiple times after the Gofigure app was removed from the background. I uninstalled/installed the app, restarted my phone. Nothing happened.

I can connect to Poly via Bluetooth and Airplay. Somehow, the Gofigure thought my bluetooth was turned off.

The app is running on an iphone X and the latest ios.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #9,355 of 18,757
GoFigure isn't really designed as a music player - but there is a rough & ready one in there. Look again in the manual at the end for "Quick Play"
At the mo for Android I use MALP to play SD card stuff. Plays all hi res formats and does so gaplessly.

You can absolutely still play from SD card from android. There are two separate ways to do it, via DLNA or MPD, and there are a selection of apps that can do one or the other on android (bubbleupnp, hificast, mpdroid, etc). The difference is that with these you need some kind of wifi connection in order to play music, either via the poly's own hotspot, via a hotspot from your phone, or while connected to any other wifi network. With gofigure, the limited playback capabilities allow to play with not wifi connection, controlling directly from bluetooth.

So, I apologize if I made it sound like there was no sd card playback. The gofigure app just isnt really designed for that, but there are other apps that certainly can play back sd card content.

Thank you both. I think I can work out what to do now, if I chose Poly route. I was actually resigning myself to thinking that I would just buy a DAP, and not use Mojo portably at all.

May 4, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #9,356 of 18,757

Try M.A.L.P. it works for me without problems on Android (Samsung Galaxy S7)

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #9,357 of 18,757
Just my update. I was a big critic of the roll out (and still believe it could have been handled better) and why my situation is obviously different than many others on this site, particularly regarding Bluetooth SD card playback, MojoPoly for me is now amazing. There is no way I am going the playlist route. Just not happening for me but hotspot SD card playback is fine for me and Roon endpoint is the really big deal for me as the whole concept for me was to replace my big can rig so I can just hang anywhere and listen as well as on occasion listen to MojoPoly from my SD card.

I have no clue why my Poly no longer has dropouts with Roon, except with the highest resolutions, but for me the combination with my iLCD4s is tremendous. In fact, I was kind of on the sidelines a month ago regarding how good the iLCD4s were compared to some of the other cans I have, including the HD800s, IE800 and JH13 and now that I have been listening to the MojoPoly for an extended period, mostly with Roon, I have to say, I am ecstatic with the MojoPoly iLCD4 combo.

May 4, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #9,359 of 18,757
Try M.A.L.P. it works for me without problems on Android (Samsung Galaxy S7)

Thank you too. I have added a note stuck to my wall, with all the suggestions I received recently. (Again so many thanks everyone who helped.) I have a list:
MALP
bubbleunpn
hificast
mpandroid

I am not entirely sure if those apps will run the SD card and the wireless (or Bluetooth) connection to run it. However I have most of the idea figured out now, as I said.

My alternative was looking at the Sony NW ZX300, just as a player. Plus occasionally source for Mojo, but not necessarily portably. I know I would be more that pleased with the ZX300. It sounds good, and has a good long battery life. (Unlike the Poly/Mojo sadly.)

It would not compete with the Mojo for quality but that's fine. It will be leaps and bounds over my iPod Shuffle. That I can't operate with iTunes, because I can't operate iTunes. Plus the ZX300 has a screen, is easy to drop music onto, and easy to operate.

I mean I am lucky in that I have a Hugo 2 at home. Meaning I don't necessarily need ultimate audio quality, on the go. Something portable that works well, sounds good, and with a long battery life is perfect. ......... However the draw to Poly is still hankering me. Since I already own a Mojo, plus I was given a Mojo/Poly case, when I bought my Hugo 2.

There's no way around it, that the Mojo/Poly would sound tear-jerkingly good. I guess I just have to make up my mind. I wish I could because I keep going without music, because my Shuffle is a pain. I only have four albums on it, and hate iTunes.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #9,360 of 18,757
Thank you too. I have added a note stuck to my wall, with all the suggestions I received recently. (Again so many thanks everyone who helped.) I have a list:
MALP
bubbleunpn
hificast
mpandroid

I am not entirely sure if those apps will run the SD card and the wireless (or Bluetooth) connection to run it. However I have most of the idea figured out now, as I said.

My alternative was looking at the Sony NW ZX300, just as a player. Plus occasionally source for Mojo, but not necessarily portably. I know I would be more that pleased with the ZX300. It sounds good, and has a good long battery life. (Unlike the Poly/Mojo sadly.)

It would not compete with the Mojo for quality but that's fine. It will be leaps and bounds over my iPod Shuffle. That I can't operate with iTunes, because I can't operate iTunes. Plus the ZX300 has a screen, is easy to drop music onto, and easy to operate.

I mean I am lucky in that I have a Hugo 2 at home. Meaning I don't necessarily need ultimate audio quality, on the go. Something portable that works well, sounds good, and with a long battery life is perfect. ......... However the draw to Poly is still hankering me. Since I already own a Mojo, plus I was given a Mojo/Poly case, when I bought my Hugo 2.

There's no way around it, that the Mojo/Poly would sound tear-jerkingly good. I guess I just have to make up my mind. I wish I could because I keep going without music, because my Shuffle is a pain. I only have four albums on it, and hate iTunes.

Go for it- Poly rocks now! I also own a Hugo 2 but use Poly more often, especially while on the go.

I still plan to buy 2Go for the H2 but I just can’t picture Poly seeing less playtime as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back