Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 25, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #9,226 of 18,748
Tough call.

I'll keep the Poly Mojo combo, but I can certainly understand people giving up.

Even if I gave up on the Poly, I would never give up the Mojo, and certainly never give up the Hugo 2.

Hopefully, Chord will not take all these criticisms as a betrayal of their hard work. They had a vision with the Poly, and there are some pretty great ideas in the product. For them to try and fit all these different technologies in a seamless form factor that is smaller than the Mojo, and tries to use the smart mobile device all combined into a great idea.

But in the end, none of that changes the fact that many consumers have had challenges with the setup, and it's hard to reconcile the price to features to bugs vs. existing DAPs with some kind of digital out to the Mojo at a fraction of the $700+ cost for the Poly.
I'm happy with my Chord Mojo-Poly so far!

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #9,231 of 18,748
Happy to report that everything is back and working after the “bricking” I described earlier. I just had to wait for a full discharge and recharge. I confirmed that there was no firmware update.

Thanks. So that is odd. Has anyone had a 2nd bricking? If not due to incomplete FW update, that would imply it could happen again, or to anyone.

Apr 26, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #9,232 of 18,748
I’m keeping mine, but for the time being it’s in a drawer and I’m back to using the Mojo with a cable and adapter. When Poly works, it’s glorious, but it’s horribly inconsistent.

I’ll check in periodically, but I will be unsubscribing from this thread.

Apr 26, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #9,233 of 18,748
Well, got roon and playing the sd card via my iPad and 8Player Pro to work. But there is no way someone like my parents could do the set up; it's not that simple.

Did I just jinx myself? LOL...

:L3000:

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #9,234 of 18,748
I'm currently on my 3rd Poly (!) and I'm trying to get Roon working. I keep getting the "audio file is loading slowly" problem." has anybody experienced this and how did you manage to solve it? could it have anything to do with the fact that Poly is not Roon certified yet?

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:15 AM Post #9,235 of 18,748
I'm currently on my 3rd Poly (!) and I'm trying to get Roon working. I keep getting the "audio file is loading slowly" problem." has anybody experienced this and how did you manage to solve it? could it have anything to do with the fact that Poly is not Roon certified yet?

I had this issue+track unavailable on Tidal for a long while. It ended up being a router problem- I doubt this has anything to do with the lack of certification.

Apr 26, 2018 at 3:20 AM Post #9,236 of 18,748
I am generally very happy with Poly. I had two issues that I reported to @Matt Bartlett that will hopefully get resolved soon:

It took me mere seconds to get everything going this morning on iOS mobile hotspot- currently enjoying some quality music on the tube.

The sound is simply fabulous- when Poly works as it should it is an absolute treat.

Apr 26, 2018 at 5:15 AM Post #9,237 of 18,748
@MattBartlett

I Need Help, my MojoPoly has gotten unresponsive. Latest Firmware, worked fine with GoFigure since release, but now i'm no more able to reach MojoPoly.

Switched of i have: P-Status LED lids solid green, M-Status off.
Switched on i have: P-Status solid Green, M-Status solid blue.

MojoPoly sits now at least for 10 Hours on it's charging cable on a charger with more then enough power for both.

GoFigure can't find MojoPoly, also connecting a headphone and trying to use the damned PIN to make Poly starting it's ConfigPage didn't bring up Polys Network, so it's not reachable via Bluetooth, not reachable via WiFi, and trying to mess with the pin-tool seems to make this all even worse because there is simply no response. Mojo on its own works fine btw.

Is it Bricked? What could i do to get this thing back to Life? Even deleting the GoFigure App and loading it new from the app-store: Nothing! Trying to reach it from a iPad Pro: Nothing!
If someone colud help please respond.

Couldn't find a support-mailadress at the chord Website, so i try here.
TIA
TIA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back