Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 10, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #8,791 of 18,752
I’m a little confused, does airplay for ios devices work without the need for both devices to connect to a common wifi network? I just want to stream stuff from my idevices via airplay to the poly connected to my stereo. Using stock ios music app.
As far as I am concerned, it doesn't. A common wireless network is essential for airplay, though it is usable in hotspot mode created by the iPhone or Poly. In this case every apple device successfully joined in the local wireless network generated by the hotspot can utilize airplay for music streaming, which means airplay is never a truly peer-to-peer protocol like Bluetooth A2DP.

Apr 10, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #8,792 of 18,752
And with my Focal Clears, and Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, just stunning.

2018-04-10 21_28_27-IMG_0015.JPG ‎- Photos.png

Apr 10, 2018 at 9:29 PM Post #8,793 of 18,752
So my plight with GoFigure app continues. I again tried deleting/installing said app. Here's what I've noticed. Poly is in Network/DLNA mode. Poly has been updated to v1.0.26. If I enable BT on iPad and connect Poly to it, GoFigure does not work & Glider will not play FLAC files. If I disconnect Poly from BT, GoFigure does not work, Glider works fine.

What am I missing to get the darned app working? It's a one-star rating for on the App Store. Would have been zero but hey, GoFigure actually exists now so it's a start.

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #8,794 of 18,752
I'm really happy after the Chord Poly firmware update and the recent Gofigure apps.
Now no more drop outs from Airplay!

Apr 11, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #8,798 of 18,752
Sadly I'm not seeing a hint of Poly anywhere as a renderer on BubbleUPnP lately, meaning no access to Tidal streaming. Any 'Droid users using DNLA successfully on BubbleUPnP since the latest firmware update? I"m limited to M.A.L.P (MPD), which is the most reliable gapless playback option at the moment.

Yes, I have a LOT of googlecast devices in my home and it would be amazing for Poly to work as a googlecast device...

I have had this issue ever since the pre Christmas firmware update. On my home wifi Poly is discoverable for only a few seconds before disappearing and needing a reboot to reappear. In my house my main router is rather new and I use one new repeater and one slightly older one. What I have found is that Poly is always discoverable on the older repeater but has mentioned problem on the two newer ones. I´m pretty sure it has to do with this issue that Jeremy has described for us here: http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly-issues-igmp
I´m a little puzzled that Chord haven´t ironed this one out with the latest FW update (I have made them aware of the issues I´m experiencing, but they say they have never experienced this with BubbleUPnP).
My solution so far that works is to have the BubbleUPnP app open when powering on Poly in order to "catch" it as both a renderer and library. Once "caught" it remains as long as BubbleUPnP is active (also in the background if exiting the app).

@Matt Bartlett maybe you could be so kind as to investigate this for us?

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #8,799 of 18,752
The battery drain did the trick for me, as my Poly was also bricked previously when I fiddled with the GoFigure settings and suddenly Poly was not responding to anything, no Bluetooth, no wifi, not joining any networks, and not responding to the pin. Connecting/disconnecting power didn't do anything, toggling power from the Mojo also did nothing, as well as separating Mojo from Poly. It was just a white LED and I had to wait for the battery to drain. Luckily I didn't have to wait long as it was only half full to begin with so it was all drained overnight. Upon connecting the charger next day the Poly woke up. All seems fine now. I guess either the new firmware version 1.0.26 and/or the GoFigure app could use more robustness because this never happened to me before.

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:26 AM Post #8,800 of 18,752
Ok I am being super thick now. I have an SD card and have created 5 playlists using glider. They all show up in quick play but none of them actually play. Use case is I am in an area with communal with communal WiFi (centre parcs) which can only be accessed in safari. Tried using MPD playlist in quickplay but without playlists show no songs play. HELP

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #8,801 of 18,752
The battery drain did the trick for me, as my Poly was also bricked previously when I fiddled with the GoFigure settings and suddenly Poly was not responding to anything, no Bluetooth, no wifi, not joining any networks, and not responding to the pin. Connecting/disconnecting power didn't do anything, toggling power from the Mojo also did nothing, as well as separating Mojo from Poly. It was just a white LED and I had to wait for the battery to drain. Luckily I didn't have to wait long as it was only half full to begin with so it was all drained overnight. Upon connecting the charger next day the Poly woke up. All seems fine now. I guess either the new firmware version 1.0.26 and/or the GoFigure app could use more robustness because this never happened to me before.
It’s not the robustness that is required it’s simply that Polys update hadn’t been implemented following our recommended procedure. I know it’s a bit long winded with the double switch off and on again but this guarantees that it’s properly loaded, operating and is ready for go figure

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #8,802 of 18,752
Finally, I was able to take mojo/poly outside last night for a couple hours, gofigure is a huge improvement for mojo/poly, it makes problem solving when away from home so much simpler.

It really has kicked new life into mojo/poly for me.

Booya!!!

I didnt have time last night to follow Matts instructions for making a playlist but I shall do it later today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 11, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #8,803 of 18,752
How do we then know if the update has been implemented correctly?

Prior to using GoFigure, the procedure has been followed through with the multiple restarts and all signs indicate that it's on 1.0.26, including the factory reset option as being present.

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #8,804 of 18,752
Ok I am being super thick now. I have an SD card and have created 5 playlists using glider. They all show up in quick play but none of them actually play. Use case is I am in an area with communal with communal WiFi (centre parcs) which can only be accessed in safari. Tried using MPD playlist in quickplay but without playlists show no songs play. HELP
Have a look at them in a text editor. They should refer to files explicitly by their file path - my guess is that they are referring to files via network properties.

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #8,805 of 18,752
How do we then know if the update has been implemented correctly?

Prior to using GoFigure, the procedure has been followed through with the multiple restarts and all signs indicate that it's on 1.0.26, including the factory reset option as being present.
Totally agree.

I believe I am not the only one who followed the recommended procedure to upgrade Poly’s firmware to 1.0.26 yet still can not avoid the bricking issue afterwards. Some poly owners at least saw solid white or blue P.status light, the others could not even light it up thus there was no way to tell its status.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back