Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 27, 2018 at 1:53 PM Post #7,936 of 18,757
Mar 27, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #7,937 of 18,757
It is pretty amazing. We have heard just about every excuse possible as to the reason behind the "missing app". I don't buy it anymore as everyone of my previous apps have been updated in the last week. Gimme a break already with this. Now it's the new iOS excuse, which apparently has been in developers hands how long?? I think it's enough already.

Blah blah blah

Another positive helpful post from yourself!

Mar 27, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #7,939 of 18,757
Blah blah blah more aptly defines the never ending BS from Chord regarding their never ending delays.
Stay out the thread then lol

Mar 27, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #7,940 of 18,757
Stay out the thread then lol
You the thread Gestapo?

I think the one excuse we haven’t heard from Chord is “the dog ate the code”. Since they have used every other excuse I expect that one next LOL

Or maybe they are just waiting for iOS 12 to really really really get it right because they want to ensure the best customer satisfaction possible LOL.

Mar 27, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #7,941 of 18,757
You the thread Gestapo?

I think the one excuse we haven’t heard from Chord is “the dog ate the code”. Since they have used every other excuse I expect that one next LOL

Or maybe they are just waiting for iOS 12 to really really really get it right because they want to ensure the best customer satisfaction possible LOL.

No not the gestapo just fed up with the constant moaning, I get your not happy but no need to go on about it!

Mar 27, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #7,942 of 18,757
No not the gestapo just fed up with the constant moaning, I get your not happy but no need to go on about it!
I’m actually very happy as I currently use it with Roon and despite claims to the contrary that issues were not hardware related their replacement unit seems to have solved the connectivity Issues. I have indicated that in previous posts.

However the GoFigure excuses have become comedic if nothing else. So I share others skepticism and find it funny as it really is a joke. Nothing more and nothing less

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #7,943 of 18,757
The only times you cannot get access to the internet on your iPhone is when the wifi connection does not allow it. In standard Poly hotspot the internet is blocked as Poly has no internet connection, there is a pass through option (hybrid mode) that lets the phone use your data carrier for internet. If you had an internal network with no internet access then there would be no data carrier present, though typically if you had broadband you would get internet access. This is why Jeremy has devised the hybrid mode and asked Chord to implement it as standard (if possible).

If you are controlling Poly and the playing music, and no Polyxxxx in iPhone Wi-Fi list you are likely to be in network mode and not hotspot.

It’s in hotspot mode that you can’t get access to the internet :)

As I understand it (and I don’t mean to suggest that I fully understand it all at this point) is that there are two Poly modes: 1) access point mode (blue and green) and 2) network mode (solid blue). When the P indicator is flashing blue, Poly is searching for a network connection. I also understand that access point mode and hotspot mode are used interchangeably.

When I did my earlier post, the Poly was solid blue and I was able to access the internet on my iPhone with my home wifi. I switched to access point mode on my drive to work this morning and listened to the Mojo/Poly. I wonder, then, if it has to do with the home wifi versus cellular?

Two other concerns- during my drive this morning, I was listening to the Mojo/Poly in access point mode and observed some intermittent breaking up of the music that I formally experienced when streaming music to my iPhone from my NAS to JRiver MC to JRemote on my iPhone. That noise was eliminated with Glider and music on the iPhone and the Mojo connected with CCK cable. I thought that would continue to be eliminated with the Mojo/Poly. I was surprised that It is not.

Finally, I am unable to read my mSD card on the Poly. I reinserted the card, checked for available space, and all the other tips on the FAQ page. @smaragd in a PM suggested that I write to Mitch at Chord, which I did yesterday and am waiting for a reply. Last night, I did a full reformat of my mSD card (not the quick format) formatted as exFAT, copied a few music files to the card, and inserted the card into the Poly. The Poly was still unable to read the card. I did not see the disco lights when I inserted the card indicating that the Poly did not re-scan the card.

I went into Access Point Mode to check that everything was in order, and to reboot the Poly upon save. I then went into Network Mode and the card was still not present and did the same in Access Point Mode. Perhaps it’s the card, but the sample files play fine on my computer.

Thanks for any guidance. Hope to get there soon.

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #7,946 of 18,757

Does “lol” mean “I find this funny; I’m laughing out loud” or does it mean
“Hey, I intend this to be funny but my readers may not discern it as comedic” hence my need to add it?”

I’m old.

Finding humor in Go Figure delay is a healthy way to deal w disappointment. But to be comedy, it’ll warrant actual humor, not signaling humor w “lol.”

There’s real Gestapo like activity in some nations on this earth. It’s frightening, dark and has cost people their jobs, freedom and for some: their lives.

Waiting for an app release?

Not worthy of historical comparison to secretive coercion by government police.

I can’t keep playing “Wah Wah” from Concert for George.

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #7,947 of 18,757
See, Eduardo why I would miss your posts if ignored?

I even use your Poly under water story in my classes for training.

You’re too valuable to miss.:)

That's great bud, keep your notifications on for me., I see your spamming the thread with 3 posts one after another. While not adding any worthy info... Just nagging ...

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #7,949 of 18,757
That's great bud, keep your notifications on for me., I see your spamming the thread with 3 posts one after another. While not adding any worthy info... Just nagging ...

You have clearly been adding lots of worthy info yourself.

Let’s just focus on discussing Poly, alright?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back