Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 12, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #7,636 of 18,669
Simple yet sounds awesome!

G2LrnKF.jpg

Mar 12, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #7,637 of 18,669
Poly has returned from Time-Out and is playing well with the other children.

For no apparent reason, I had a rock-solid Wi-Fi connection to my iPhone's portable hotspot today, and successfully upgraded firmware to 1.0.17.

Now that I have a solid Wi-Fi connection, I can use Glider to play music from the phone and 8Player to play music from the card.

The thing I can't get is high-resolution. The sample rate light is red, red, red, even when playing known hi-res content.

Am I still somehow gimped by AirPlay, which is known to be limited to redbook? Or is there something I'm missing?

(And no, I'm not going to blame HD Tracks; some of the h-res files in question are homemade vinyl rips, done with a Lynx Hilo and Audacity).

Mar 12, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #7,638 of 18,669
Poly has returned from Time-Out and is playing well with the other children.

For no apparent reason, I had a rock-solid Wi-Fi connection to my iPhone's portable hotspot today, and successfully upgraded firmware to 1.0.17.

Now that I have a solid Wi-Fi connection, I can use Glider to play music from the phone and 8Player to play music from the card.

The thing I can't get is high-resolution. The sample rate light is red, red, red, even when playing known hi-res content.

Am I still somehow gimped by AirPlay, which is known to be limited to redbook? Or is there something I'm missing?

(And no, I'm not going to blame HD Tracks; some of the h-res files in question are homemade vinyl rips, done with a Lynx Hilo and Audacity).

When you bring up the iPhone control page, does it show your media player widget with three blue lines in the right hand corner, or atecyhese lines transparent colour.

Blue means it’s airplay.

Mar 12, 2018 at 4:11 AM Post #7,639 of 18,669
When you bring up the iPhone control page, does it show your media player widget with three blue lines in the right hand corner, or atecyhese lines transparent colour.

Blue means it’s airplay.

Made a few screen grabs in Glider and IOS control panel to illustrate:

1. When in Glider, tap the bottom audio selector icon under the volume bar (mine says Polirvana on this pic, yours likely iPhone or another playback device)

IMG_6566.PNG

2. for MPD or DLNA select the Poly Icon displaying the name you gave in the setup.
Hires playback is supported via MPD and DLNA only.

IMG_6562.PNG

3. selecting "... More Devices" will bring you to the Airplay devices...
If you see your Poly with a speaker icon is confirms that Airplay will be used.

IMG_6563.PNG

When playing back music to your Poly you can confirm what mode is used by swiping up the IOS control panel.
no blue convex lines means MPD or DLNA, while blue convex lines means AIRPLAY.

IMG_6565.PNG IMG_6564.PNG

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #7,641 of 18,669
That six weeks expectation after iOS release was the advice that given to me about three weeks ago when were expecting to be able to release the iOS version just prior to Apple’s sudden unexpected request for hardware verification. I haven’t heard anything from our software writers subsequently about the android version. So I’ll ask for you and post when I hear, I have heard that things are happening again with the iOS version and we expect some news later in the week. I’ll also ask your question about playing time, though I’ve been at New York shows demoing Mojo and Poly all day that’s from around 10:00 am Show start to 7:00 pm from an overnight charge without issues. Though that is predicated on having stated two Ampere chargers that really can supply two Amperes I’m sorry to say some some don’t.
Hi @Mojo ideas - well its been another week.
Any updates on Android app availability? Does the original release schedule still stand?
Any news on firmware update to resolve WiFi glitches / dropping off the network?
MPD component update to resolve missing MP3 indexing?
Many thanks!

Mar 12, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #7,642 of 18,669
Solid Wifi connection all the way without any disconnection when I listening to it yesterday after the firmware update.
Great job!

Mar 13, 2018 at 3:07 AM Post #7,643 of 18,669
Solid Wifi connection all the way without any disconnection when I listening to it yesterday after the firmware update.
Great job!

Wow, this is impressive. What firmware version are you running? I think mine is 1.0.17 and I still experience tons of drop outs and down right unlistenable whenever I pass through busy subway stations. Are you using your phone's hotspot or do you use the Poly's hotspot function?

Mar 13, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #7,644 of 18,669
Wow, this is impressive. What firmware version are you running? I think mine is 1.0.17 and I still experience tons of drop outs and down right unlistenable whenever I pass through busy subway stations. Are you using your phone's hotspot or do you use the Poly's hotspot function?
Using my iPhone 8 Hotspot

Mar 13, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #7,646 of 18,669
2.4 GHz suffers from channel interference, due to the limited non-overlapping channels available. This is a problem for any 2.4 GHz in a crowded environment like apartment complexes where multiple APs are competing for air time.

Mar 13, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #7,647 of 18,669
Mar 13, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #7,648 of 18,669
Maybe its just a DLNA issue? I've found that to be really problematic. Plus it really shouldn't glitch out if its playing an MPD playlist and hunting for a WiFi connection. I haven't tested Airplay that thoroughly because its restricted to 16/44.1.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #7,649 of 18,669
At times, I get blown away with how good mojo/poly combo sounds, it really is excellent and I see myself using mojo/poly more than my hugo 2.

The only thing missing is gofigure, that would complete the picture.

Pc which is my Roon core > iPhone Roon app > poly > mojo > tonights choice of iem is iBasso iT03 and penon audio OS849 cable, really nice cable.

Dont like the original iBasso iT03 cable due to it not sitting good and making the iem’s fall out, temporarily solution was using a spare iBasso iT01 cable, it’s a really nice cable for sub £100 iem’s, actually the iT01 is a very good iem for the price.

Anyway, pc to iphone to poly to mojo to iT03, really nice experience, no streaming problems at all, I personally think roon mode works the best with poly.

Now I just want 2go to come out so I can be free of the optical cable going into hugo2 and limiting where I can position it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back