Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 27, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #6,256 of 18,755
Glider, sometimes it doesnt pick up poly and only shows media thats already on my iphone, sd card is missing, if I recall its just an initial connection bug and if it drops whilst playing its nowhere near as much as 8 player.

We're aware of at least a few examples of this sort of thing that we're hoping to resolve before the final 1.7.0 release.

Jan 27, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #6,257 of 18,755
Just realized I can't ever get poly to show a solid color in the (P), I've connected it to a private network, I've selected (other) and *reboot on save*.

I then disconnected phone from the poly wifi, and connected to my private wifi, I then made poly into *access point* and it never showed solid blue light to indicate its hooked onto my private network so that it updates...

Anyone any ideas?

Jan 27, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #6,258 of 18,755
Just realized I can't ever get poly to show a solid color in the (P), I've connected it to a private network, I've selected (other) and *reboot on save*.

I then disconnected phone from the poly wifi, and connected to my private wifi, I then made poly into *access point* and it never showed solid blue light to indicate its hooked onto my private network so that it updates...

Anyone any ideas?

I've PM'd you with instructions.

Jan 27, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #6,259 of 18,755
I realised over the last couple of days that I will never own a Poly of my own to accompany my Mojo for various reasons.

I therefore have no reason to comment in this thread, I will keep watching/subscribed to the thread as it will be great to see how the product evolves but I will post no more replies here.

Good luck everybody.

Jan 27, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #6,262 of 18,755
Has anyone experienced not being able to get poly to connect and lock with their private wifi?

After inputting my ssid/pass (password is simple with a few letters and numbers)
And hitting reset on save, and checking all the required boxes,

I hit save, poly reboots but it flashes blue then green then blue.

Putting poly into *network mode* doesn't work either.

There is no way for me to connect poly to my private wifi.

Anyone have any other idea of what I should try?

Bluetooth and all the other stuff works now, but can't get it to connect to my wifi, I want to update this thing

Chord is great and they will fix these little quirks, but since the Android app is 6 weeks away I need something now

Jan 27, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #6,263 of 18,755
Range was an important factor but also 2.4GHz was the far better choice to penetrate concrete and rebar walls. [...]
Re Bluetooth- There are a couple of important issues with APTx.
Firstly it sounds not quiet as good as, not having it at all when receiving from None APTx Bluetooth transmitters such as all Apple phones. Secondly thetin plate can RF modules that carry APtx are so large it would occupy most of the available very limited Printed circuit board space that we have available inside Poly Also because we feel mojos Very capable Dac can reconstruct straight A2dp very well in any case. So it was an easy choice to leave it out.
Bluetooth as an audio transmit would be the very last choice for any sensible Poly owner with all of the other WiFi or Bluetooth for SD control options available to them.if we’d had greater space inside for larger aerials inside and had the application been to be mostly static the choices may have been some alternatives.

So basically you are confirming, that Poly was not meant to be a mobile streamer. I don't know anyone who would care their router on them.
I don't give a damn about concrete walls when using Poly, since it is usually a few inches from the source, which is my spartphone. It is also further confirmed by deliberate ignoring hd BT audio and pointing at wifi as the only right way of feeding Poly with data, since it is useful at home only, as on the go the lifespan of phone's battery would not exceed 2-3 hours (tested it myself lately during 4 hours train trip). I also am not quite able to use famous "hybrid mode" on my android phone (well, shouldn't be surprised ,who cares about android anyway).
The main reason for me to buy Poly was streaming (Tidal, Spotify) on the go. It seems there is hardly worse solution for this purpose now.
As much as I am happy with SQ when it works, I am deeply disgusted with the rest of Poly experience.
I pre-ordered Poly, since I trusted in Chord, as a well established audio company offering niche products of exceptional quality, and waited more than half a year to get it. Even if I don't think that famous GoFigure app will change much in my experience, I will wait for a few more months (I am Android user) to check it, but it is qiote clear for me that Poly was never planned as a mobile solution, but rather in-house portable streamer. It's fine, there's surely a market for such solutions. But I think It should be clear from the beginning, so people who want quality audio on the go would not bother with Poly and either stay with Mojo itself, or buy something better.

Jan 27, 2018 at 4:04 PM Post #6,264 of 18,755
So basically you are confirming, that Poly was not meant to be a mobile streamer. I don't know anyone who would care their router on them.
I don't give a damn about concrete walls when using Poly, since it is usually a few inches from the source, which is my spartphone. It is also further confirmed by deliberate ignoring hd BT audio and pointing at wifi as the only right way of feeding Poly with data, since it is useful at home only, as on the go the lifespan of phone's battery would not exceed 2-3 hours (tested it myself lately during 4 hours train trip). I also am not quite able to use famous "hybrid mode" on my android phone (well, shouldn't be surprised ,who cares about android anyway).
The main reason for me to buy Poly was streaming (Tidal, Spotify) on the go. It seems there is hardly worse solution for this purpose now.
As much as I am happy with SQ when it works, I am deeply disgusted with the rest of Poly experience.
I pre-ordered Poly, since I trusted in Chord, as a well established audio company offering niche products of exceptional quality, and waited more than half a year to get it. Even if I don't think that famous GoFigure app will change much in my experience, I will wait for a few more months (I am Android user) to check it, but it is qiote clear for me that Poly was never planned as a mobile solution, but rather in-house portable streamer. It's fine, there's surely a market for such solutions. But I think It should be clear from the beginning, so people who want quality audio on the go would not bother with Poly and either stay with Mojo itself, or buy something better.

I’m not sure that I agree. Poly in hotspot mode works like a charm through the SD card.

Poly in hybrid mode works pretty great too.
I have, personally, not even tried using its Bluetooth functionality as I’ve never had to.

Jan 27, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #6,265 of 18,755
Has anyone experienced not being able to get poly to connect and lock with their private wifi?

After inputting my ssid/pass (password is simple with a few letters and numbers)
And hitting reset on save, and checking all the required boxes,

I hit save, poly reboots but it flashes blue then green then blue.

Putting poly into *network mode* doesn't work either.

There is no way for me to connect poly to my private wifi.

Anyone have any other idea of what I should try?

Bluetooth and all the other stuff works now, but can't get it to connect to my wifi, I want to update this thing

Chord is great and they will fix these little quirks, but since the Android app is 6 weeks away I need something now

Jan 27, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #6,266 of 18,755

I think the point is that if you are connected via your phone's hotspot then the audio quality will be far better than using Bluetooth, and I think that applies to whatever Bluetooth protocol. Streaming from Tidal or Glider over hotspot on my phone works like a charm, excellent sound quality that I doubt Bluetooth could match, however I may be wrong with this.

Jan 27, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #6,267 of 18,755
I use Bluetooth connection w Hugo 2 and I know it will be improved SQ when the Poly version of Hugo is released.

Poly w SD card is very nice quality.

I don’t notice the drop in quality over Bluetooth probably because of loud outdoor environment I’m in using Bluetooth.

We are moving away from Tidal now, committed to owning our music.

My wife is almost exclusively using the SD card w Poly and has a large collection of FLAC on 200g card. She’s loving the sound quality.

Jan 27, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #6,269 of 18,755
I’m not sure that I agree. Poly in hotspot mode works like a charm through the SD card.
Poly in hybrid mode works pretty great too.
I have, personally, not even tried using its Bluetooth functionality as I’ve never had to.

Once again:
- Using Poly in hotspot mode means no internet in the phone. Period.
- Have you tried setting up Poly in "hybrid mode" in Android?...
I also do not use BT for Poly since it sounds horrible.

Edit:

I think the point is that if you are connected via your phone's hotspot then the audio quality will be far better than using Bluetooth, and I think that applies to whatever Bluetooth protocol. Streaming from Tidal or Glider over hotspot on my phone works like a charm, excellent sound quality that I doubt Bluetooth could match, however I may be wrong with this.

What's your battery life when tethering?..

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #6,270 of 18,755
Poly can set up its own closed WiFi network please read your manual or see the videos at the begining of this thread on how to set this up,

I am aware of the procedure, I dont particulary care for listening to music via bluetooth, I was merely wondering why bluetooth aptx wasnt added and why no 5ghz wifi.

You have stated the reasons why, I understand to some degree.

I agree totally when it came to aptx, but still not 100% convinced about 5ghz, in my exp 5ghz is just as good as 2.4 in a normal sized house and flat.

2.4 works fine for me, aslong as it can connect is all that matters when it comes down to it.

Just to reiterate, I am not knocking poly or chord, I have purchased both mojo and poly and I understand its a new device and that somethings werent ready for launch day and that to get the full experience I/we will have to wait for gofigure and further firmware updates.

Its not the first time I have bought something and needed to wait for new drivers or patches for whatever it was to work as intended and, I am positive it wont be the last.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back