Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 26, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #5,221 of 18,752
That’s already fixed in the first firmware update that rolled out 2 weeks ago

You likely have managed to leave it connected via your WiFi long enough to get both firmware updates...?

That is, I suppose, theoretically possible ... but how would I know if that’s what has happened?

Dec 26, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #5,223 of 18,752
Happy Holidays, all

Now that you have had some time with your Poly on the new firmware, I’d like to make sure we have captured all the issues you are experiencing with Poly.

Please take a few minutes to click here visit the current list of issues with 1.0.10 and see what we have captured so far

If you have an issue not listed, please PM me the detail, or even better an email address and password you would like to use in order to sign into the wiki and add details yourself.

(If you aren’t sure you feel comfortable, you can always get an account and play around on the wiki playground to practice and see what it’s all about first)
Thanks for all your help, Jeremy. I still have the Roon/Tidal buffer issue when Poly is Roon endpoint--skipping and "This Tidal track not available at this time." Hopefully this will be addressed with next firmware update.

Dec 26, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #5,224 of 18,752
Thanks for all your help, Jeremy. I still have the Roon/Tidal buffer issue when Poly is Roon endpoint--skipping and "This Tidal track not available at this time." Hopefully this will be addressed with next firmware update.

When I start getting that error, it’s usually a network issue. Maybe scan for the best channel and see if that clears it up?

Dec 26, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #5,226 of 18,752
Ok. Perhaps your Poly hadn't finished updating. Switch off and then turn Poly back on. It should reconnect to your existing network so the P Status light goes a solid colour ( blue if fully charged ).
Leave it like this so it can connect back to the internet to finish the update. About 20 minutes should be ok. The switch off and switch back on and try again.
Hello Matt

I have done the complete cycle, but nothing happens, I always see the same page, I also did it near the router, to make sure the Poly has good signal.
Do you have another idea of how can I solve the problem

Regards

Patricio

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #5,228 of 18,752
Hello Matt

I have done the complete cycle, but nothing happens, I always see the same page, I also did it near the router, to make sure the Poly has good signal.
Do you have another idea of how can I solve the problem

Regards

Patricio
The settings to see the firmware version details are different from those needed to update firmware.

To see the firmware page you need to have Poly in hot spot mode, set your phone in wifi discover mode and switch on Poly with headphones connected. Use the pin tool to press for a second and you should hear what mode and ip address Poly is in (if it appears on the wifi page of your phone select that and you are in Poly hot spot mode. If not press the pin for about 7 seconds and it should say entering access mode - then Poly should appear on your phone so select it. In this mode when you access the poly web page it should read your settings and firmware details. If this works chekc your wifi details for your network and have the hot-spot option unchecked for now.

To update you need to be in networked mode, not Poly hotspot. If you have set the wi-fi details to connect to a nework with internet access the follow the turn on/off details Matt gave you. But first make sure you are in the right mode by pressing the config pin for a second and check the ip address it gives you - it should match your network settings and not be 192.168.0.nn. If 192.168.0.nn then make sure you have disconnected your phone from Poly and repeat the 7 second press and enter access mode - this time Poly should seek your network, again check with the headphones for the new ip address.

When I am in Poly hotspot mode I get the config page fine, but when in network mode I get another web page completely.

Hope this helps.

Dec 27, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #5,230 of 18,752
It seems most unwise to market this device to the general public.

I sort of agree, except when the general public sees the price of Mojo/Poly they will most likely be put off completely. If a person is interested at the price, then they will (I hope) do some research as to exactly what the product does and how it does it before making a purchase.

If they do make a purchase they only have themselves to blame. :)

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #5,231 of 18,752
If they do make a purchase they only have themselves to blame. :)

The problem is that if they look at what it is "advertised" to do they will have no idea of how rough and ready it currently is. Perhaps the Advertising Standard Agency should force Chord to add a disclaimer to their adverts?

"Strong motor skills with a pin required for configuration. This product may require your house to be re-networked. Reliable powering up of this product is not guaranteed. Some necessary protocols not implemented. For actual product details please see Head-Fi."

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #5,232 of 18,752
The problem is that if they look at what it is "advertised" to do they will have no idea of how rough and ready it currently is. Perhaps the Advertising Standard Agency should force Chord to add a disclaimer to their adverts?

"Strong motor skills with a pin required for configuration. This product may require your house to be re-networked. Reliable powering up of this product is not guaranteed. Some necessary protocols not implemented. For actual product details please see Head-Fi."

Harsh, but that is an honest summary of the current issues for an unknown, undisclosed percentage of owners.

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #5,233 of 18,752

This disclaimer would obviously need to quote that actual number of users with problems is unknown - unless somebody has access to numbers that they are keeping secret!!

Again my unit works perfect, no power issues, no charging issues, no need for new routers etc etc etc.

No doubt there are issues for some users and no doubt Chord could've handled some of these users in a better way but that doesn't distract from the fact that we still don't know how widespread these issues are.

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #5,234 of 18,752
As an aside - anybody got experience of Poly/Mojo paired with Campfire Jupiter's? I've got some arriving tomorrow and keen to hear impressions if anybody has used this combo.

Dec 27, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #5,235 of 18,752
After reading all the experiences here I still went ahead and purchased the Poly. I have a number of Mojos and the Hugo2 and just adore the sound I get from Chord. I managed to get my unit on the network and did tow updates to get me on the latest firmware. I bought Glider and can play 400Gb of music from my card, I can connect via hotspot and Roon is perfect and I have not had any drop outs. The problem is that it is practically impossible to get the Poly to start. I try every combination of splitting the units whilst turned on and off and occasionally it will oblige. Once I split the units to no avail and put the Poly on charge. An hour later I saw that the Poly had finally turned itself on and put it into hotspot mode. It was then not possible to turn it off again. So, when it is working it does everything I want, my question to this community is whether the turning on issue is a hardware fault or something that Chord will fix with firmware. I also have a rattle in my Poly like a loose grub screw. Based on this I will make a decision to keep or return the Poly.

Thanks so much, and I appreciate all the help this community provides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back