Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 14, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #4,863 of 18,752
Depends on what you mean by "fixed". Some (not all) issues might be fixed by the end of the year. Fixes and other updates will be an ongoing process that continues for months.

One thing I hope gets fixed before year end is to be able to actually turn it on. That would be a good start.

The Chord people did claim somewhere in these 330 pages of comments that there would be three firmware upgrades GoFigure before Christmas.

Dec 14, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #4,864 of 18,752
Because it won't. Look at all the input from the Chord team members about how the fixes are right around the corner! /s

Best guess is that we could only see 1 more update just based on holidays and calendar. And betting against the app release.

Dec 14, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #4,865 of 18,752
I'm going to plug my Poly in again tonight and hope that I wake up in the morning new firmware will have been installed as if by magic. Come to think of it, it's beginning to feel like it may take some magic.

Dec 14, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #4,866 of 18,752
Thanks for confirming. But if you're seeing a white light on the Mojo then either the Mojo manual is misleading (since it does specify that white means DSD), or you have some Audirvana settings that are different than mine, and it is actually streaming DSD. In my case, I'm seeing a blue light on the Mojo while streaming a DSD64 file.
Audirvana and MAC OS send DSD in DOP format so technically it is PCM files embedded with DSD data and Chord DAC can handle DOP without any issue via DLNA. However it fail to handle the native DSD files via DLNA!

Dec 15, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #4,868 of 18,752
I found Poly/Glider can’t display PNG cover art, JPG is OK, and Joe verified it should be Poly’s server issue and already sent Chord a bug report on this.
Joe also confirmed the Poly only displays low res versions (160x160?) of the album art. Easy fixable in a FW update...

Dec 15, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #4,870 of 18,752
Joe also confirmed the Poly only displays low res versions (160x160?) of the album art. Easy fixable in a FW update...

Actually, my artwork is higher res and it’s from the NAS. I can’t get artwork from Poly at all, but I discovered that you can get the artwork from your NAS. When you setup Glider, sync with your NAS first, then sync with your Poly. Then disconnect Glider from the NAS but leave it connected to Poly. Then exit Glider and switch Poly off. Whenever you next connect Glider to Poly, you will see all your Poly files but Glider will have retained the associated artwork for those files that it initially took from your NAS. I don’t know how this works, but it’s a neat trick that I discovered by accident.

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #4,871 of 18,752
Last night in ice hockey arena was my wife's Poly first test.

Tidal connected and disconnected with no continuity.
We could not connect to 8 Player or Glider.
We switched to blue tooth to play some music from NePlayer. Using blue tooth with some songs on iPhone: drop offs every 2-3 minutes. No one song played through. I believe this drop off is issue that will be addressed in update.

We could not establish hot spot with iPhone, but we've not used hotspot before, so it will take some learning.

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #4,872 of 18,752
We could not establish hot spot with iPhone, but we've not used hotspot before, so it will take some learning.

I think Iphone hot spot has to be added first as additional wifi network - in the set up menu before connecting to Poly for the first time.
Iphone hot spot works very solidly for me much more stable then office wifi for example.

Dec 15, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #4,874 of 18,752
Nice find today:

Using the MojoPoly in Line-Out Mode as AirPlay Speaker (hearing a audible book for example) while at the same Time Streaming Music from Polys SD-Card to Glider/iPad with iPad as Output/Speaker works seamlessly!

So, this means when you use your poly as AirPlay Device, your Partner can at the same Time use your poly as his Musicserver hearing the Music which is stored on your sd-card which is inserted in your poly, outputting the sound on his own device(s) instead oft the Poly.

Technically, your Poly is a DLNA/uPnP Server in your local Network, comparable to any other DLNA Server in your Network, usable from any device in your local Network. I haven‘t tested this, but it should also be possible that even when your poly streams the sound from sd-card out to Mojo that any other device in your local network is able to stream music from polys server to his own device at the same time. This is good and bat at the same time, because anyone in your local LAN can stream music to his own device. Maybe CHORD should opt to build password protection in the dlna server to restrict access to only those who know the password.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back