Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 4, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #4,382 of 18,742
Not sure how that would be possible, though. If it is connected to a charger, surely it is still capable of drawing charge if it drops below a certain level? Not doubting your experience, but it was clearly Chord's intention that it would operate that way initially. I've never known a device run out of power while it's connected to a charger.
Not my personal experience, I never left mine long enough.. Someone else reported that, sorry I cant't remember exactly who, one of our friends here. He said his Poly was completely dead actually, had to charge it separately to even wake it up. As far as I know all devices start charging as you say. Unless the charger was too weak for MojoPoly together or smth..

Dec 4, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #4,383 of 18,742
Not my personal experience, I never left mine long enough.. Someone else reported that, sorry I cant't remember exactly who, one of our friends here. He said his Poly was completely dead actually, had to charge it separately to even wake it up. As far as I know all devices start charging as you say. Unless the charger was too weak for MojoPoly together or smth..
Ah, yes - I remember that report. No idea of the explanation!

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #4,384 of 18,742
Hello, i updated my Poly, but now when I connect in access point mode, it doesn´t show the firmware release, instead it shows 0.0 as the release, is there a way to check the firmware release?
I also notice some skipping in MPD mode, when playing from the SDcard after the firmware update

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #4,385 of 18,742
Is the phone in your pocket a beta produduct as it too regularly gets up dates
Please don't try to make this analogy. If a new phone was released and it couldn't make a phone call until it was updated a month later, then yes I would say it was a beta product.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #4,386 of 18,742
We always said from day one there would be software up dates. Is the phone in your pocket a beta produduct as it too regularly gets up dates, some of which temporarily even disable some functionality.

John

First my comment was to another poster who said somehow us end users should have warned him about the Poly and my response was to him saying if a warning was to be issued it should have come from Chord

But since you bring this up, I never saw anything on your site or from Moon that the product required updates to work as claimed. My “day one” was when I placed the order with Moon and was under the assumption it was a product that could do what it said it could do

So I don’t buy or accept your analogy now that you decided to misinterpret my post.

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #4,387 of 18,742
I think John should leave the Chord official responses to Matt. Great entrepreneur but customer relations not so much. There is a lot of frustration John. Brand loyalty but frustration. Your responses are hit and miss. But a better track record than Trump online. :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 10:09 PM Post #4,388 of 18,742
I think John should leave the Chord official responses to Matt. Great entrepreneur but customer relations not so much. There is a lot of frustration John. Brand loyalty but frustration. Your responses are hit and miss. But a better track record than Trump online. :wink:

Agreed.

Here is the breakdown of the votes on product “workiness”:

675A0963-A651-42B8-96E1-4657277F7565.jpeg

Of the 32 users, 16 say Poly works perfectly or most of the time. 1 says occasionally it needs prodding.

46% say it “works some of the time” or worse, which in anyone’s book far from a premium product.

My experience is getting better when at home, but is in the lower end when mobile

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #4,389 of 18,742
John

First my comment was to another poster who said somehow us end users should have warned him about the Poly and my response was to him saying if a warning was to be issued it should have come from Chord

But since you bring this up, I never saw anything on your site or from Moon that the product required updates to work as claimed. My “day one” was when I placed the order with Moon and was under the assumption it was a product that could do what it said it could do

So I don’t buy or accept your analogy now that you decided to misinterpret my post.
I was attempting to follow on and re enforce with what you were saying to the last poster my comments were not aimed at misenterpriting yours at all. I’m sorry for the way you interpreted what I’d commented, however it does seem to me that everyone is getting overly sensitive and appears rather too ready to take offence when one has not been intended especially now in the USA these days. I find that sad and disconcerting. If you look over this thread and view the comments since January aimed squarely at me you might be perhaps a little more forgiving.

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #4,390 of 18,742
My disconnection issues seems to have abated significantly today. Just a minor stutter when moving between hotspots. (using Glider beta).

However, I still haven't been able to get the Poly to connect to my phone's personal hotspot (iPhone X, iOS 11.2). I am able to connect my computer to my phone, but not the Poly. I've set the connection on the Poly to "iPhone" and entered my phone hotspot password, but nada. Anyone have any suggestions?? thx!!

Dec 5, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #4,391 of 18,742
however it does seem to me that everyone is getting overly sensitive

As others have suggested, you really should stop posting on behalf of your company and leave it up to someone with a bit more tact and respect.

The simple fact is that even after a significant delay in the release of the Poly, a lot of people in this thread have shelled out a lot of a money for a product that as at today, doesn't work as advertised and is on the verge of being unfit for purpose. It really is not good enough and while I'm sure you are busy behind the scenes trying to fix it, your attitude on here is not helping your cause...

I own a Poly, and I REALLY want it to work in the way we have all been told it is capable of working.

Dec 5, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #4,392 of 18,742
My disconnection issues seems to have abated significantly today. Just a minor stutter when moving between hotspots. (using Glider beta).

However, I still haven't been able to get the Poly to connect to my phone's personal hotspot (iPhone X, iOS 11.2). I am able to connect my computer to my phone, but not the Poly. I've set the connection on the Poly to "iPhone" and entered my phone hotspot password, but nada. Anyone have any suggestions?? thx!!

Did you leave the hotspot connection page open on your iPhone when you tried to connect? That can make a difference.

Dec 5, 2017 at 1:36 AM Post #4,394 of 18,742
I know it's boring, but I'm still perplexed by the charging behaviour of my MojoPoly. I'm using both 'intelligent' Anker 2.4A charger and 'dumb' Samsung 2A charger, and since the new firmware update, it seems to stick on white light. M-status light goes out as normal, but the P-status light just stays on white for hours (it could be permanent, but I end up unplugging it to use it eventually). Before the firmware update, it was going out when charged, which at least had the benefit of demonstrating that it had charged.

I'm not worried about it, but it is confusing, and it's not what the manual says should be happening. I suspect I'm not the only one with idiosyncratic behaviour, and I absolutely accept that it could be more to do with the chargers than the Poly. It would be good to get a bit more definitive guidance on the subject.

I confirm the behavior too :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back