Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 3, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #4,291 of 18,669
Can someone from Chord please confirm the whereabouts of the GoFigure app? It was stated a while ago that it had been submitted to Apple for release into the App Store, but I'm no so sure about this. On average, it is currently taking Apple 2 days to review apps...

And what about the Android app?

Dec 4, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #4,292 of 18,669
Not to derail this thread too much, but I just finished up reading most of it, and I'm really disappointed. How are you current Poly owners dealing with all these issues without going insane? Is this a case of the vocal few with issues overshadowing the many who are having good experiences? Or are most people running into multiple random issues?

I'm really excited about the Poly since I just picked up a Mojo for myself, and I believe that eventually the Poly will live up to Chord's original, grandiose claims, but how can a company justify putting out a product that's so obviously not ready for mass consumption?

Someone please correct me if any of my observations or assumptions are incorrect, but this seems like a real "**** the bed" product launch. To me the most simple use case of this device isn't possible right now (control of the SD playback using BT instead of WiFi), this should be a no-brainer. Who wants to constantly connect using WiFi to change songs when most will already be connected to some other WiFi network (like at work where communication between phone and Poly isn't possible).

I'm definitely going to buy this unit, but not until Chord gets this **** together, and at the very least gets their own app out there. Mostly just disappointing considering the reputation of the company putting out the product.
Please try to understand we are the only company on the planet to have attempted to do this we have shipped over four thousand units already and most customer feed back is positive. We knew from the outset that we would have to work with our customers feedback to refine the operating software to accommodate the wide variety of routers player Apps WiFi conditions. Please note most problems listed are system and WiFi issues not related to Poly and those that are have been identified and fixed
Not to derail this thread too much, but I just finished up reading most of it, and I'm really disappointed. How are you current Poly owners dealing with all these issues without going insane? Is this a case of the vocal few with issues overshadowing the many who are having good experiences? Or are most people running into multiple random issues?

I'm really excited about the Poly since I just picked up a Mojo for myself, and I believe that eventually the Poly will live up to Chord's original, grandiose claims, but how can a company justify putting out a product that's so obviously not ready for mass consumption?

Someone please correct me if any of my observations or assumptions are incorrect, but this seems like a real "**** the bed" product launch. To me the most simple use case of this device isn't possible right now (control of the SD playback using BT instead of WiFi), this should be a no-brainer. Who wants to constantly connect using WiFi to change songs when most will already be connected to some other WiFi network (like at work where communication between phone and Poly isn't possible).

I'm definitely going to buy this unit, but not until Chord gets this **** together, and at the very least gets their own app out there. Mostly just disappointing considering the reputation of the company putting out the product.
Please understand we have shipped 4,000 units already most customer are very happy. We always knew we would have to update the operating system software when we received a large sample of feed back from customers with the huge world wide variation of Routers and WiFi systems that are out there. Note most problem attributed to Poly are System and WiFi speed issues those that we have identified as our own have been and will continue to be fixed. We are not a large company like Sony or Apple with unlimited resources and this is the only way that we a small british company can bring this very advanced product to market being capable of interfacing with everything in the way that it can. It’s not trivial to do what we are doing our hardware is fixed and brilliant. Our software is working well now and is evolving rapidly to be unique and ultimate superb. So please bare with us!

Dec 4, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #4,293 of 18,669
Please try to understand we are the only company on the planet to have attempted to do this we have shipped over four thousand units already and most customer feed back is positive. We knew from the outset that we would have to work with our customers feedback to refine the operating software to accommodate the wide variety of routers player Apps WiFi conditions. Please note most problems listed are system and WiFi issues not related to Poly and those that are have been identified and fixed

Please understand we have shipped 4,000 units already most customer are very happy. We always knew we would have to update the operating system software when we received a large sample of feed back from customers with the huge world wide variation of Routers and WiFi systems that are out there. Note most problem attributed to Poly are System and WiFi speed issues those that we have identified as our own have been and will continue to be fixed. We are not a large company like Sony or Apple with unlimited resources and this is the only way that we a small british company can bring this very advanced product to market being capable of interfacing with everything in the way that it can. It’s not trivial to do what we are doing our hardware is fixed and brilliant. Our software is working well now and is evolving rapidly to be unique and ultimate superb. So please bare with us!

Hmmm.... 4k units... 3k with free case... guess which 1k I am in.

Dec 4, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #4,295 of 18,669
John, I'm sure the intent and effort are both there. I'm a big Chord fan and happily own a Hugo 2 and a Dave. My Chord dealer actually gave me a Poly for free, so I'm not out anything if it doesn't work. I think you have made several mistakes which have caused a lot of the noise on this forum.
1. You made the classic mistake of announcing a ship date and then missed it badly, leading to frustration from those with pre-orders in and little or no communication on ship dates.
2. You released at product that is, at best, a beta but you charged full price for it. Other companies with products not ready for prime time have enlisted a limited beta customers who in return for a discount off retail price, happily put up with all sorts of issues - because they expected them! The fact that you said you did this but got no feedback just says you picked your beta testers poorly.
3. You, and others on this forum, continue to blame the users or their WiFi network. This is either naive or disingenuous. I have over a dozen units on my network that stream music from my NAS or from streaming services like Tidal and TuneIn. Some are wired and some are WiFi. Some have their own apps, others have suggested apps that they have tested and recommend. All can stream the standard file types (including ALAC and DSD) and most will do DXD and multi-rate DSD. Some even do multi-channel. None exhibit the lack of reliability, constant dropouts, and other operating headaches of the Poly. So to blame it on my network is ignoring the real source of the problem. The fact that some simple networks do work is great for them but if every other manufacturer of streamers can follow the ISO network protocols properly and deliver rock-solid streams over WiFi why can't Chord? I'm a pretty technical guy and I do read the manuals, watch the videos, and follow the instructions posted on various websites. None of that helped in this case.

My Auralec Aries has been reliably streaming over WiFi since the day I got it and I was an early adopter. They had a lot of early issues with their Lightning app but the network streaming just worked from day 1. They are not only Roon Ready but recently started streaming and decoding MQA. I've used the Aries on Cisco, Ruckus, and Meraki WAPs and networks with no issues on any of them. If the Poly was truly doing something that had never been done before that would be different but WiFi streaming using Roon or DLNA are pretty commonplace today.

Dec 4, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #4,296 of 18,669

Please understand we have shipped 4,000 units already most customer are very happy. We always knew we would have to update the operating system software when we received a large sample of feed back from customers with the huge world wide variation of Routers and WiFi systems that are out there. Note most problem attributed to Poly are System and WiFi speed issues those that we have identified as our own have been and will continue to be fixed. We are not a large company like Sony or Apple with unlimited resources and this is the only way that we a small british company can bring this very advanced product to market being capable of interfacing with everything in the way that it can. It’s not trivial to do what we are doing our hardware is fixed and brilliant. Our software is working well now and is evolving rapidly to be unique and ultimate superb. So please bare with us![/QU

My case is I can’t play my DSD and ALAC files using a single app on the go and still connecting to internet for receiving mails and messages.

Dec 4, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #4,297 of 18,669
And of course insult to injury to get the free case email last week. Hope H2Go is a better launch.

As we are beta testers for Chord, I think we all should get a free case.

Before buying the Poly I specifically asked in this thread if this product was ready for launch or if I would be a beta tester for this product.

Nobody warned me about it.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #4,298 of 18,669
Poly is showing great promise.

I agree that Poly could be everything John talks about. I have already sent Chord a ton of info in terms of packet sniffs, videos and I'm sending them one of the access points I use as well. (Hopefully itll ship today or tomorrow) so I am as invested, if not more invested than the average.

As a result, I also don't want Chord or us users - specifically me- to have any sort of false sense of reality, which is why the surveys.

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #4,299 of 18,669
Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 9.22.24 AM.png

Its only been 5 minutes, but so far this iOS version has made the difference between non-function-on-my-network-at-all and function.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #4,300 of 18,669
As we are beta testers for Chord, I think we all should get a free case.

Before buying the Poly I specifically asked in this thread if this product was ready for launch or if I would be a beta tester for this product.

Nobody warned me about it.

Who were you looking to "warn you". I and others are in the same boat as you and I am not sure anyone other than Chord should have been warning anyone, no?

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #4,301 of 18,669
had iOS 11.2 during my playing the other day, so didn't work for me.

I also don't think it can be everyone's network or ineptitude causing issues, everything else on Wi-Fi works fine here.

Here's hoping the GoFigure app and the next FW release resolve it all for us all.

I have yet to try Roon, as if I like it I'd buy the lifetime membership @$499 (unless someone has codes :wink: )

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #4,302 of 18,669
had iOS 11.2 during my playing the other day, so didn't work for me.

I also don't think it can be everyone's network or ineptitude causing issues, everything else on Wi-Fi works fine here.

Here's hoping the GoFigure app and the next FW release resolve it all for us all.

I have yet to try Roon, as if I like it I'd buy the lifetime membership @$499 (unless someone has codes :wink: )

Roon sounds fantastic with Poly. The Roon support team has been great in helping me resolve a setup issue and even extended my trial. I’m also thinking of a lifetime membership but also hope I do come across a code.

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #4,303 of 18,669
Thanks @miketlse
Hi @EarDrumExplode make sure you leave Poly on and connected to the internet for at least 30 mins, switch off and wait for the P status light to go out. Then switch back on and leave Poly for 20 minutes connected to the internet to validate the install.
Thx for the help! But now it’s not letting even log onto my WiFi, I’m kinda done with this f...king thing
Thanks @miketlse
Hi @EarDrumExplode make sure you leave Poly on and connected to the internet for at least 30 mins, switch off and wait for the P status light to go out. Then switch back on and leave Poly for 20 minutes connected to the internet to validate the install.
thanks f

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #4,304 of 18,669

Its only been 5 minutes, but so far this iOS version has made the difference between non-function-on-my-network-at-all and function.
Did not help me. I did the upgrade, fired up the Poly in WiFI/Roon mode and didn't get more than 30 seconds into the first song when the dropouts started. Poly and Ipad functioning as Roon Remote both on a dedicated SSID with no other devices. Roon Server running on i5 SonicTransport with wired IGB connection to network. Aries and AK DAP both stream fine over WiFi on my network.

What is your setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back