Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 3, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #4,276 of 18,757
I set my Poly to hotspot mode and want to play the songs stored in the micro SD card. 8player works fine but it can’t handle DSD files. I tried using MPDulxe, it can connect to Poly and discover all types of files but it can’t play any song

I find this survey is not good as

Do you mean MPD can’t play ALAC files? I have only DSD and ALAC files on my SD card, so there is no way to play them all by a single app!

Yes, for now, it can’t. But it will with a forthcoming firmware update.

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #4,277 of 18,757
my current Poly status:

zero issues at home in DLNA mode and /or Roon/DSD mode. I am alternating between MojoPoly and Campfire Vega and hooking it up to my Rega Brio preamp. love it and it makes me very excited for 2 Go. also SD card access with Glider is also functioning perfectly.

when not home—zero issues streaming Tidal to Poly with iPhone X in hotspot mode.

i am having less luck with my SD card on the go. MPDeluxe and 8player will see my files but neither wants to give me any audio. this is in iPhone personal hotspot mode. is the only way to use SD card on the go with Poly hotspot mode?!

and can someone please confirm Glider will not work on the go to access Poly as a DLNA server?

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #4,278 of 18,757
i am having less luck with my SD card on the go. MPDeluxe and 8player will see my files but neither wants to give me any audio. this is in iPhone personal hotspot mode. is the only way to use SD card on the go with Poly hotspot mode?!

I realise you're not a noob, but I still need to check with you: are you trying to play ALAC files?

Dec 3, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #4,280 of 18,757
my current Poly status:

zero issues at home in DLNA mode and /or Roon/DSD mode. I am alternating between MojoPoly and Campfire Vega and hooking it up to my Rega Brio preamp. love it and it makes me very excited for 2 Go. also SD card access with Glider is also functioning perfectly.

when not home—zero issues streaming Tidal to Poly with iPhone X in hotspot mode.

and can someone please confirm Glider will not work on the go to access Poly as a DLNA server?

On the go, did you set the output to Poly? Try toggling to iPhone and back. I think I had that issue once.

Dec 3, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #4,282 of 18,757
Before I fill it out I'm curious as to what the purpose is for your survey? Thanks.
To answer the question "Is this a case of the vocal few with issues overshadowing the many who are having good experiences? Or are most people running into multiple random issues?" and to see if 1.0.6 is a good improvement for most.
There is a ton of opinion here ant mot much consensus.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #4,285 of 18,757
To answer the question "Is this a case of the vocal few with issues overshadowing the many who are having good experiences? Or are most people running into multiple random issues?" and to see if 1.0.6 is a good improvement for most.
There is a ton of opinion here ant mot much consensus.

Thanks for doing this. With the variety of issues this may provide some useful information to Chord. Overall I'm quite pleased with poly as Roon playback has been flawless and I've even been using it as a Bluetooth endpoint for watching TV later at night with my headphones.

#1 on my wishlist is offline playback of tidal on Android.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #4,286 of 18,757
After 25 users, the rating of the Poly from 1 to 5, 5 being exceeded expectations:
870B0D57-F87E-49B5-8B0A-36B8853E88A8.jpeg

Dec 3, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #4,287 of 18,757
@JeremyLaurenson

The survey is kind of shooting at a moving target. I worked all day with Poly and got Roon at home, Tidal everywhere, and MPD everywhere working. 8 Player is working. Gilder-beta was working very well yesterday but I did something to change that which is too bad because I like it. Almost none of this was the case this morning when I answered the survey. That said, I wouldn't change my rating because of connection drops and lack of stability. Poly is showing great promise. The sound is great. After the next 2 firmware updates and the release of GoFigure Poly should be ready for prime time. Users who don't have to change configurations and stay with the same source and software should have responded with a 5. The more varied the sources and mode, the harder things get for at least some users like myself. So my take on it is your survey will be useful as a snapshot. If you take it again next week, things should have improved markedly.

Edit: this is of course without reference to the self-selected nature of respondents as well as the specific population of Head-fi but I think you knew that.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #4,288 of 18,757
Dec 3, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #4,289 of 18,757
Well I have been a critic of the Poly but I also enjoy it. I see it's potential IF Chord can get rid of the bugs, which is more than just an app working with the Poly. Streaming high res over a LAN with Roon does not take much bandwidth and despite the current update, there are still dropouts on high res material. Even redbook has an occasional stutter.

I am not sure if there is a buffer issue or what but this needs to be fixed. I tried playing from an SD card, got it to play, but to be honest, as you pointed out, this is more hassle at this point in time than it is worth and am willing to wait for the app to hopefully fulfill the promise.

I will be Poly's biggest supporter IF I can easily on the go play from an SD card and IF all goes good with ROON. Right now, Roon seems close but not there yet.

100%agree

Dec 3, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #4,290 of 18,757
I would like to say Poly is very good if you don’t play DSD and ALAC files stored in SD cards, however I only have these type of files and I think as a mobile device it’s main use case is playing SD files.
my current Poly status:

I confirm 8Player can play ALAC files stored in micro SD card without any issue on the go by setting Poly in hotspot mode. If you set Poly’s IP manually instead of automatic then you can access internet via 3G/4G mobile network simultaneously too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back