Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 10, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #423 of 18,669
I agree that Sony LDAC sounds great.  Will we be able to use MojoPoly with Bluetooth headphones on the move?  With my Walkman and Sony BT headphones I can put the device in my back pack and forget about it.  If MojoPoly would offer me the same ability, but with additional control via my iPhone at the same time, that would be cool.  Is that possible? I am still unclear.

Point taken about the SD card rising capacity.

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #424 of 18,669
  I agree that Sony LDAC sounds great.  Will we be able to use MojoPoly with Bluetooth headphones on the move?  With my Walkman and Sony BT headphones I can put the device in my back pack and forget about it.  If MojoPoly would offer me the same ability, but with additional control via my iPhone at the same time, that would be cool.  Is that possible? I am still unclear.

I don't think we need this feature. the LDAC via bluetooth is transporting digital signal, where the DAC is on the headphone. 
Even Poly can be programmed to allowed this feature, the Mojo DAC will be totally bypassed.

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #425 of 18,669

I think somebody already mention it already but why would you want to use a bluetooth headphone with mojopoly. Doesn't make sense.

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #426 of 18,669
We follow simple rules the Bill of material is about thirty percent more and it's far more complex to manufacture Mojo has a four layer board. Poly has a triple core high level processor and a ten layer circuit board with four thousand blind and buried vias its a minute monster of complexity any of you dealing with this stuff in your own industries should realise this

With your recent detailed explanations, I can see where the cost comes from, and applaud what you have pushed into such a small space. The question of value is always a personal thing. When I consider what I think Poly brings to me, specifically "wireless" listening from my Android control point, uninterrupted audio (Android 6 injects clicks to the audio when any Google processes are running) and integration with my DLNA server at home, I am not so bothered about the price. Specifically when I consider the combined value/price of MojoPoly, £900 still seems excellent value. It is of course my money, others may differ.

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #427 of 18,669
  I don't think we need this feature. the LDAC via bluetooth is transporting digital signal, where the DAC is on the headphone. 
Even Poly can be programmed to allowed this feature, the Mojo DAC will be totally bypassed.

A;ways happy to demonstrate my technical ignorance in a public forum! Is that how it works? So the DAC in my walkman is bypassed when using it with BT?

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:54 AM Post #429 of 18,669

I can see how, in the future, this can be manufactured as a single unit, but suffice to say it is that the Mojo/Poly in a case is a huge machine in a tiny package; not much bigger than phones.  

Terrific!  

Jan 10, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #430 of 18,669

I can see how, in the future, this can be manufactured as a single unit, but suffice to say it is that the Mojo/Poly in a case is a huge machine in a tiny package; not much bigger than phones.  

Terrific!  

The case actually looks nicer than the original by virtue of the longer design. If Chord do include it in the price as indicated then that's a big plus as I'd likely want to buy it otherwise (neatly protects & keeps parts together better) and the smaller one is £60

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #433 of 18,669
So... What does this poly device actually do? I don't understand it

Basically makes it a Wireless DAP with control via a smartphone (or laptop/tablet). You can control the Mojopoly music playback on its built-in microSD card from a phone or stream the phones stored music to it wirelessly (without quality loss over WiFi unlike over BT). If your happy having a physical wired connection from DAP/phone to the Mojo then you don't need it.

If you tend to feed Mojo from a variety of sources such as Laptop at home, Desktop at work, Phone while out then no need to keep physically connecting to each device.

Jan 10, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #435 of 18,669

If this is all you would want it for then its a complete waste of money as you loose the benefits of the headphone out from the Mojo (with its superior DAC) plus you can get a £30 adapter for your phone to do that or beam straight from phone to BT headphones. Don't forget, BT compresses the audio, even Sony's LDAC version.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back