Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 6, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #76 of 18,748
You Do know the UK Price of mojo is £400 and it sells for $550 in the USA? Using google currency thats $495. So its not straightforward conversion mathematics. There are taxes and international retailers own margins involved. So a UK Price of £500 will roughly be around $650 atleast in the US. And I wouldn't be surprised if its 700.

When the Mojo was released the pound was worth $1.60, so the $599 US retail was derived from the then current exchange rate. Due to Brexit, the pound is down to $1.25, so I'm sure the US retail will be $599.

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #80 of 18,748
Is somebody able to provide more information regarding Poly's Output,i.e.:
  1. USB data only,
  2. SPDIF coax / TOSLINK
  3. if multi ouptut availability are they selectable ?

Unless I am mistaken, this info is found nowhere.
Poly's computed pictures are not adding any clues.

Thanks
popcorn.gif

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #81 of 18,748
  Is somebody able to provide more information regarding Poly's Output,i.e.:
  1. USB data only,
  2. SPDIF coax / TOSLINK
  3. if multi ouptut availability are they selectable ?

Unless I am mistaken, this info is found nowhere.
Poly's computed pictures are not adding any clues.

Thanks
popcorn.gif

Poly's output is over USB direct to the USB Input on the MoJo.

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #82 of 18,748
my question is can i play music stored on the sd card using neutron player and eq, or will music stored in sd scard play and no way to eq it without the use of wifi for on the go purposes

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #83 of 18,748
  my question is can i play music stored on the sd card using neutron player and eq, or will music stored in sd scard play and no way to eq it without the use of wifi for on the go purposes

SD Card music will be played directly from Poly straight to the MoJo without going to the phone first. The phone will just control what will be played from the SD Card using the specific app.

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #84 of 18,748

SD Card music will be played directly from Poly straight to the MoJo without going to the phone first. The phone will just control what will be played from the SD Card using the specific app.

this means no eq at all , am I right for on the go playback, with all respect on another note, i do not see what the whole use of this module is for on the go activities when you want to for example run and have only ur dap with you or a single device. Now for on the go you need always to have your phone with you and the mojo ploy combo

I am not thrilled about this release was hooping for something that will make mojo usable as a stand alone single device

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:27 AM Post #87 of 18,748
It seems, unsurprisingly, that Poly is aimed squarely at mobile phone users and as such makes sense to me functionally. The stated use case is phone + M/P in your sky rocket, not phone + M/P + DAP as us nutjobs are prone to walk around with.
I didn't think Chord was ever going to launch a DAP replacement and I think much of the frustration here stems from the value proposition for existing or potential DAP owners, particularly streamers who don't want to go down the Bluetooth route.
However Roon Ready is of interest to me, if fully implemented, and at £300 or hey, who am I kidding, £350, I would be excited by Poly.
As a Tidal user and soon-to-be DAP owner (hi Echobox!) I will pass on this, blow my next wad on a nice optical cable and stay tethered for now.
MQA seems to be gathering hype, sorry pace, so a future firmware update for MOJO would be highly welcome but I don't expect that to happen.
Congratulations to the team at Chord, though and good luck for Poly. Fun times ahead.

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #89 of 18,748
I think they have overpriced this thing by £200, IMO. I will still buy one but i'm still thinking of ways i'll use it with Poly, see what I think, then see what the word is on the Hugo 2 and move from there. I use Mojo on the go most of the time but do have active speakers in most rooms of my apartment. 

I suspected they would release something like this, AND a Hugo 2. 

A big ish move, but not the move Chord are making it out to be.

One can procure a 200GB SD for very reasonable money nowadays, more for less will come though :)

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #90 of 18,748
So for £499 which in my opinion is about £300 too expensive I would still need a phone to play music?  What is the point in this then?  Surely the ability to play direct from this would be on near enough every mojo owners wish list even if it was just a play button and shuffled every track (like an ipod shuffle) but Chord have decided to make it a wireless play unit that you need to connect a phone via Bluetooth to play anything through it?

Is £499 definitely correct and not the cost of this & a mojo combined I cant see how an accessory can cost more that the device that will use it, that seems mental

Users who are viewing this thread

Back