1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961
963 964 965 966 967 968
Next

Last
  1. Yourmomm
    Yep my tab pro s seems to work a treat as a roon core. Took it on the road today, and it worked faultlessly, hotspotted to my phone. Finally, mobile roon! I put the whole lot (tab pro s, mopoly, phone and mrspeakers EFO's) in a courier bag, and I'm set. Now just need to remember NOT to leave the courier bag somewhere stupid...

2. Yourmomm
    Thanks man this solved my problem :) I tried bubbleupnp again and your method worked. I had been using mconnect which I couldnt get to random play.

Ok so now I'm using bubbleupnp, xiialive (for radio, through bubble), and mconnect. Any others I should know about?

3. ZappaMan
    Get some insurance to cover mobile stuff, it’s very cost effective.

4. PrittiPoly
    Hi-Fi Cast. Select All Music at the top. Tap three vertical dots at top right. Select Shuffle All Songs.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  5. LuckyDip23
    Are there any alternative apps that allow you to play music off the SD card when in flight mode (so controlled via bluetooth)?

6. ZappaMan
    No

7. jldevo
    Hi all. Does anyone have experience with shure se846 with mojopoly? Is there any interference from poly? I’ve just bought a pair and I’m worried there will be interference from the wifi signal I’ve read that there is evidence with sensitive iems.

Also how do they sound with mojopoly? Are they a balanced match? Thanks.

8. miketlse
    Search the main Mojo thread, and you will find plenty of posts from owners of se846. Some mojo owners felt they had great synergy, but others preferred other models of iem. No one here can tell you the 'best' single iem, because personal preference about sound signatures is such a large influencer. All we can do is suggest some iems that proved popular and are worth demoing - the se846 were popular, and because you already have a pair are a good start point for you with mojo and/or poly.

captblaze likes this.
  9. joshnor713
    I think it's a good match. No interference. I often got interference using the SE846 with the Mojo alone, but haven't noticed it paired with Poly.

Personally think the SE846 and Mojo are a great pair sound-wise, but maybe not the best for some people. Mojo leans on the warm side, with smoother treble. This is similar to the SE846's signature. So the SE846 favor a brighter DAC to even things out. On the positive side, the Mojo has finesse and super clean articulation that the SE846 benefits from. It's not an IEM known for being a detail monster. Hope this helps.

miketlse likes this.
  10. jldevo
    I’m awaiting delivery of said se846’s. I’ll check out other past threads for more info. Thanks.

11. jldevo
    Thanks for your reply. I realise what suits one person may not suit another. Also what source material/genre can also have an impact on the strengths and weaknesses of any head/earphone.

12. vkvedam
    @Matt Bartlett nitpicking again, the new updated app on Android needs relaunching if the Poly's Airplane/Bluetooth mode is toggled. It was in real time before and didn't have to relaunch the app. Could this be reverted back?
    Thanks, Ven

13. musickid
    1st reference to mobile roon i've come across. very good. can poly be controlled by a windows tablet pc (on the move) or even ipad with cellular (on the move) in the same way as a phone? with wifi hotspot /tablet pc we have mobile roon as described above with the tablet pc hotspotted of a phone.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  14. Yourmomm
    Not sure what you're asking, but I think the answer is yes. See my posts above. My samsung galaxy tab pro s, running windows 10, works just fine running roon core, with mopoly, and tab pro s, hotspotting to my note 8 phone when I'm on the road. Everything goes in a bag and I just keep the phone out and use the mobile roon app on it, to control everything. Not only does it work, it's the most stable, trouble-free implementation I've yet found for the mopoly...and yep, lack of mobile roon, without having to jump through all these hoops, is a real problem, in my view...

15. Matt Bartlett
    Hi Ven. I'll take a look and see why this has changed. As soon as I know more I will let you know.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    vkvedam likes this.
First

Back
952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961
963 964 965 966 967 968
Next

Last