Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 13, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #14,416 of 18,752
I couldn’t see how in mConnect or 8player, but Glider does this easily. There is a “shuffle” icon in the upper right in the Library view that will do this with one click. Subsequent taps will change the track.
Not sure what you mean by genuinely random, but try this in BubbluUPnP. Select Poly Server. Select Music. Select All Music. Select Playlist. All your music should now be displayed in the current playlist. You can change the order by tapping the three vertical dots at top right and selecting shuffle play. Start playing from anywhere in the playlist. I know you have had trouble using Bubble but I have trouble with Hifi Cast. What app are you using?

Correction: Don't Select Playlist.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #14,417 of 18,752
hmmm sounds like a nice mobile solution... core on a tablet running windows.

i think there would be a market for a tiny LTE connected roon core.

Yep my tab pro s seems to work a treat as a roon core. Took it on the road today, and it worked faultlessly, hotspotted to my phone. Finally, mobile roon! I put the whole lot (tab pro s, mopoly, phone and mrspeakers EFO's) in a courier bag, and I'm set. Now just need to remember NOT to leave the courier bag somewhere stupid...

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #14,418 of 18,752
Not sure what you mean by genuinely random, but try this in BubbluUPnP. Select Poly Server. Select Music. Select All Music. Select Playlist. All your music should now be displayed in the current playlist. You can change the order by tapping the three vertical dots at top right and selecting shuffle play. Start playing from anywhere in the playlist. I know you have had trouble using Bubble but I have trouble with Hifi Cast. What app are you using?

Correction: Don't Select Playlist.

Thanks man this solved my problem :) I tried bubbleupnp again and your method worked. I had been using mconnect which I couldnt get to random play.

Ok so now I'm using bubbleupnp, xiialive (for radio, through bubble), and mconnect. Any others I should know about?

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #14,419 of 18,752
Yep my tab pro s seems to work a treat as a roon core. Took it on the road today, and it worked faultlessly, hotspotted to my phone. Finally, mobile roon! I put the whole lot (tab pro s, mopoly, phone and mrspeakers EFO's) in a courier bag, and I'm set. Now just need to remember NOT to leave the courier bag somewhere stupid...
Get some insurance to cover mobile stuff, it’s very cost effective.

Oct 14, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #14,420 of 18,752
Thanks man this solved my problem :) I tried bubbleupnp again and your method worked. I had been using mconnect which I couldnt get to random play.

Ok so now I'm using bubbleupnp, xiialive (for radio, through bubble), and mconnect. Any others I should know about?
Hi-Fi Cast. Select All Music at the top. Tap three vertical dots at top right. Select Shuffle All Songs.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #14,423 of 18,752
Hi all. Does anyone have experience with shure se846 with mojopoly? Is there any interference from poly? I’ve just bought a pair and I’m worried there will be interference from the wifi signal I’ve read that there is evidence with sensitive iems.

Also how do they sound with mojopoly? Are they a balanced match? Thanks.

Oct 14, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #14,424 of 18,752
Hi all. Does anyone have experience with shure se846 with mojopoly? Is there any interference from poly? I’ve just bought a pair and I’m worried there will be interference from the wifi signal I’ve read that there is evidence with sensitive iems.

Search the main Mojo thread, and you will find plenty of posts from owners of se846. Some mojo owners felt they had great synergy, but others preferred other models of iem. No one here can tell you the 'best' single iem, because personal preference about sound signatures is such a large influencer. All we can do is suggest some iems that proved popular and are worth demoing - the se846 were popular, and because you already have a pair are a good start point for you with mojo and/or poly.

Oct 14, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #14,425 of 18,752

I think it's a good match. No interference. I often got interference using the SE846 with the Mojo alone, but haven't noticed it paired with Poly.

Personally think the SE846 and Mojo are a great pair sound-wise, but maybe not the best for some people. Mojo leans on the warm side, with smoother treble. This is similar to the SE846's signature. So the SE846 favor a brighter DAC to even things out. On the positive side, the Mojo has finesse and super clean articulation that the SE846 benefits from. It's not an IEM known for being a detail monster. Hope this helps.

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #14,426 of 18,752
Search the main Mojo thread, and you will find plenty of posts from owners of se846. Some mojo owners felt they had great synergy, but others preferred other models of iem. No one here can tell you the 'best' single iem, because personal preference about sound signatures is such a large influencer. All we can do is suggest some iems that proved popular and are worth demoing - the se846 were popular, and because you already have a pair are a good start point for you with mojo and/or poly.
I’m awaiting delivery of said se846’s. I’ll check out other past threads for more info. Thanks.

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #14,427 of 18,752
I think it's a good match. No interference. I often got interference using the SE846 with the Mojo alone, but haven't noticed it paired with Poly.

Personally think the SE846 and Mojo are a great pair sound-wise, but maybe not the best for some people. Mojo leans on the warm side, with smoother treble. This is similar to the SE846's signature. So the SE846 favor a brighter DAC to even things out. On the positive side, the Mojo has finesse and super clean articulation that the SE846 benefits from. It's not an IEM known for being a detail monster. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply. I realise what suits one person may not suit another. Also what source material/genre can also have an impact on the strengths and weaknesses of any head/earphone.

Oct 14, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #14,429 of 18,752
1st reference to mobile roon i've come across. very good. can poly be controlled by a windows tablet pc (on the move) or even ipad with cellular (on the move) in the same way as a phone? with wifi hotspot /tablet pc we have mobile roon as described above with the tablet pc hotspotted of a phone.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019 at 12:25 AM Post #14,430 of 18,752
1st reference to mobile roon i've come across. very good. can poly be controlled by a windows tablet pc (on the move) or even ipad with cellular (on the move) in the same way as a phone? with wifi hotspot /tablet pc we have mobile roon as described above with the tablet pc hotspotted of a phone.

Not sure what you're asking, but I think the answer is yes. See my posts above. My samsung galaxy tab pro s, running windows 10, works just fine running roon core, with mopoly, and tab pro s, hotspotting to my note 8 phone when I'm on the road. Everything goes in a bag and I just keep the phone out and use the mobile roon app on it, to control everything. Not only does it work, it's the most stable, trouble-free implementation I've yet found for the mopoly...and yep, lack of mobile roon, without having to jump through all these hoops, is a real problem, in my view...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back