1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907
909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918
Next

Last
  1. NYanakiev
    I recently bought another mojopoly combo and have been pretty happy with all the improvements.

I went travelling for 2 weeks and now the thing won't play ball. It takes ages to connect to GoFigure, refuses to connect to my phone in phone hotspot mode and acts like the Poly before it.

I am completely puzzled as the sort of behaviour I'm seeing was much more akin to what Poly was like when it first came out. It feels like things have deteriorated massively in just two weeks of not using it...

I have now spent over one hour trying to grasp what's happening..
    Any advice???

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  2. rocketsfan
    Hi !!!, i love my Chord Mojo/Poly but i can´t use it with Tidal properly. When i set a Playlist , only can play one song and then stop playing. I must play manually second song, then third...and so on... Someone canhelp me?. I didn´t know how to made this better.
    I use it with Mconnect and streaming with my LG G7.

Thks

3. NYanakiev
    Well, it seems it needed to be charged- perhaps it simply needed to be fed first :D

4. Gr8h8m
    Mistype on my part I guess - just last time I checked up on gapless SD card playback via DLNA/uPnP a bunch were recommended to me as "gapless" but none of them could do it. Even had to give examples of why gapless matters like Pepper, Dark Side etc. I'll check those 2 again.

5. PrittiPoly
    My understanding is that gapless is a function of the control point and renderer. So, now that Poly renderer supports gapless, Bubble and Hi-Fi Cast should deliver from sd card.

6. Gr8h8m
    Great! Ok I will check it out. Always good to have options.

7. vkvedam
    +1 Both these DLNA apps support gapless on Poly

Gr8h8m likes this.
  8. huangwan
    @Matt Bartlett is there any update with the Roon issue? Should I contact my dealer for an exchange, or is that even possible since I have had it for so long?

9. Daniel Johnston
    I bought the combo purely as a portable Roon endpoint. I have the Orbi “mesh” network. (I understand orbi isn’t a true mesh network). When I walk out of range of one hub (i.e. walking to garage) it will stop playing and I’ll have to press play on the Roon app. I’m using RAAT not airplay. I can try airplay to see if there’s a difference. I’ve noticed no glitches or issues otherwise.

For truly portable and near flawless use, I use music stored on the SD card. Currently a 400gb. I created playlists using a MPD client. When heading out, I use Gofigure to start the playlist and enjoy. No glitches, skips, or issues.

I’ve noticed that DLNA is inherently glitchy when on the move. My AK240 is no better, and even a little worse, than the poly.

zenlisten and ZappaMan like this.
  10. gatherer1234
    Poly.... probably one of the best and yet most frustrating audio components I’ve owned.

Short version.

How do I get my hi-res content from Qobuz to Poly when on a work WiFi which doesn’t support uPnP discovery?

Long version.

I tend to do most of my mojo/poly listening at work and so am not in full control of WiFi network and limited to phone (iOS) + mojo + poly. Initially, there was no WiFi available and so I started using poly via the personal hotspot on my phone. This kind of worked but every time I picked up the phone to change track or something, there was a buzzy interference. Also, the connection being Airplay over WiFi, it wasn’t able to handle hi-res either. So it was back to cable connection and poly remained in the bag.

Now there is WiFi at work. So Poly firmware upgrade in place, connection to Qobuz configured and using mconnect player (fyi with Glider or 8player browsing works but playing does not, as reported by someone else previously) and we are now streaming hi-res to poly over my home WiFi. Heading into the office and doing the same and hit a wall. Both devices are on same WiFi but mconnect can’t find Poly as a source or as a renderer to playback. presumably, as this is a work WiFi uPnP is restricted for security reasons.

So my options would seem to be limited to connect using Poly and play Qobuz using airplay over wifi and live without hi-res capability or dispense with Poly again plug in the cable again.

Interested to hear of any other solutions that come to mind.

To be fair, the sound of CD quality via Poly is still pretty good. Just feels a waste not be getting the most out of the available source material and equipment.

Gatherer

11. conradnash
    Thanks. My on the move would be (mostly) airplay from iPhone. The mesh is actually the least of my concerns and, if it was the only issue probably wouldn't have been enough to convince me to sell it before. When I heard it happening though it was the straw that broke this particular camel's back.

So my question is still out there, is anyone using airplay and has its stability dramatically increased since V2? From everything I've read it seems it has, but if someone could explicitly confirm I'd appreciate it.

12. gatherer1234

Hi, i’ve been using AirPlay over WiFi in the office and occasionally using Poly HotSpot mode (WiFi again) and it’s generally been fine with no drop outs or quality issues.

If I take my phone away, such as to go to another room for a meeting, then I have noticed that on my return it sometimes fails to play over AirPlay even though it says it’s connected and it can be a bit of a faff to reconnect again. Recently, i’ve managed to avoid this by manually switching the AirPlay output back to iPhone before going away and then I have had no problems at all.

In Poly HotSpot mode i’ve managed multiple journeys across London Underground with no problems at all. However, this mode does mean that your phone has no internet connection whilst connected (which on tube is not an issue for me).

In IOS Personal HotSpot mode (WiFi again), it’s been more flakey and I occasionally get “buzzy” interference (which seems to be crossover from phone/network activity and may also be related to what frequency bands your phone provider uses as i’ve noticed it being worse with O2, compared to EE) and some times the connection drops and is hard to re-establish (for example, if you get a phone call). This mode would be useful, as you still have normal phone functionality whilst connected but i’ve found it a bit hit and miss quality wise.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  13. gatherer1234

Having said that, just used iPhone personal hotspot and airplay over WiFi whilst commuting on the train and walking through London with no significant issue. Took a call, then had to reselect Poly from AirPlay which worked first time. A bit of phone buzz whilst walking through station but only small bursts. So, pretty good.

14. Matt Bartlett
    No not yet. We are still working on it but I hope to have some answers really soon now.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    fordski likes this.
  15. Matt Bartlett
    Hi @gatherer1234
    I don't know what your IT protocols or network security procedures are in your office but one way around this might be to set up a local WiFi network bridge on your laptop/computer in your office which should allow an internet connection using a WiFi hotspot on your computer. Most computers now will allow you turn on a local mobile WiFi hotspot which you can then connect both your phone and Poly to. You can then discover Poly and use DLNA/UPnP to stream Qobuz and Tidal from your office internet. I quite often use this when I am travelling to take advantage of the hotel WiFi where DLNA ins blocked but by using my laptop as a bridge I can continue to use Poly as normal with the hotel providing the internet connection for streaming.
    If you have this option let me know if this works for you.

Chord Electronics Stay updated on Chord Electronics at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/chordelectronics https://twitter.com/chordaudio http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/
    smaragd likes this.
First

Back
898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 907
909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918
Next

Last