1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759
761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770
Next

Last
  1. Amberlamps

I don’t know if it’s because I’m using an ipad, but I don’t see any screenshots John.

2. PrittiPoly
    If you say so.

3. PrittiPoly
    You won't find an app that will stream DSD from the SD card via DLNA until Chord update the firmware on Poly.

mandrei83 likes this.
  4. paul.tonnenberg
    But you can also overdo it with this nonsense, audiophile madness.

Like That old japanese Takeo Morito Dude in that youtube Video:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2018
  5. Gr8h8m
    Haha! Yep, exactly!

6. miketlse
    Yes some form of communication pack, to harmonise the advice given by dealers about the best apps, could save a lot of confusion for potential customers.
    Possibly some of that material could then be reused, as part of a quick start guide to apps, for new Poly owners.
    And possibly largely reused again in the future, for all of the 2Go newbies, when that is finally released, and starts shipping.
    :slight_smile:

Peter Hyatt likes this.
  7. mandrei83
    I think I have lost myself 3 hours only to try to figure which app works best, how to setup initially the Poly via GoFigure and how to play my first DSD via Roon and SD card. At a moment I was even considering to return the Poly until I have found my answers here.

8. RPB65
    Does Mojo sound different with Poly and SD card when used with iPhone when compared to the Mojo and CCK, etc with iPhone?

9. sergeywin1
    Many on this forum already pointed it out but Mojo Poly combo in its airplane SD playback mode produced a profound amount of clarity with pitch black background unlike any other mode for Mojo or streaming option. It is the proximity of Poly being so close to Mojo and also the hardware harmony that elevates already an amazing sound of Mojo to a whole new level.

Amberlamps and RPB65 like this.
  10. mashuto
    Good to know, but I assume though if the control point loses connection at all, you can get stuttering? Because I have definitely noticed the occasional stuttering when using dlna. Very occasional, but still happens from time to time.

Still trying to figure out a way to block the interference noise I am hearing though. I have some Ferrite chokes on the way... heres to hoping, would be a shame if my headphones are just too sensitive for this. I am really the only person that hears wifi radio interference though?

11. zzhi36
    To be honest, maybe I was spoiled by all plug and play DAPs, this is far below the "user friendly" standard until Chord is launching the "final" version of Gofigure which can let us, the users, just download it and play all the songs without pain. I am a fan of Chord so I have Hugo 2, mojo and poly and I hope that I have enough money to but TT2 and M Scaler in the future, but some of frds just don't want to use Mojo and Poly only because of the setup even they like the sound so much. So hopefully the software side will be improved and I wont be alone.

12. paul.tonnenberg
    But honestly, I'm already curious about that Mojo-Poly combo in its airplane SD playback mode. Can someone explain how to setup and get it working for android smartphones?

I cant find a tutorial about that.

13. Gr8h8m
    It's not obvious (or that user friendly tbh) - it's not individual tracks, but MPD playlists that can be played. These can be written directly to Poly using M.A.L.P (as you're on Android) or a desktop MPD app like Cantata, and played using the Quick Play function of GoFigure.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Amberlamps likes this.
  14. KESM
    I’m a former owner of the Mojo/Poly. Sold both. I recently purchased a Fiio M9 player. It does exactly what I hoped the Mojo/Poly would’ve done...& for a fraction of the cost. Check it out...if interested in a viable alternative. The M9 is the swiss army knife of portable hifi carry. It can send its signal to devices/HP via BT or line out; & receive a signal wirelessly from devices (or wired). Playback of all BT codec formats, known to date, to compatible devices. It also has SD card playback (all hi res from the data file)...no need for additonal apps. You can configure it to playback as a standalone device, or add an amp, or smartphone in the loop. Truly an all in one device. The sound quality’s supreme. Tidal’s on board along with other streaming apps. I highly recommend it. 8835669A-BDCB-45F2-BD0E-B57EA0FB0DA3.jpeg B7DED07E-2359-40B3-9A55-BF1C495212C3.jpeg

AndrewOld likes this.
  15. Gr8h8m
    I can't believe that it compares sonically. I haven't come across anything truly portable that beats Mojo/Poly on sound alone, and is the reason I've kept with them. It does look great feature wise though.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    krismusic and Peter Hyatt like this.
First

Back
750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759
761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770
Next

Last