1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
Next

Last
  1. audi0nick128
    Nice to hear, that Poly and Mojo hold together tightly, even without a case.

On the go most people will likely use the case, but for portable home duty a tight fit, even without case is definetly a plus in my book.

Can't wait to get my hands on a Poly :D

2. traehekat
    Where are people in the U.S. pre-ordering the Poly? 

3. Bengkia369
    Will the long case included when we purchased the Poly?!

4. michaelgordon
    so watched the video and must say im impressed with the mojo poly combination, the unit looks nice and the wireless control looks like an awesome feature and i can totally understand why Chord have done it this way it makes total sense to me.

Having used my stack combo today for the first time in quite a while i did realise that this is awkward to use and change music / volume and especially if someone calls.

With all this being said and while we still dont have a complete feature set or tech specs or anything really, what most people will be doing with the combo has been demonstarted but and its still the big but its paying quite a substantial amount of money to remove a cable and extra convienience i dont know if i can justify the price.  

I wont use it at home i have a seperates system and speakers for music, i wont use it with bluetooth headphones as my phone can do that and i dont stream music from any service and cant see my self ever doing so as its not very good value for money in my eyes.

5. jarnopp
    U.S. $600

http://www.bluebirdmusic.com/news/chord-announces-poly-blu-mkii-and-hugo2.html

6. NaiveSound

What video?

Is there a a video made by *Jude* yet?

7. AxelCloris Administrator

http://www.head-fi.org/t/820039/canjam-nyc-2017-february-4-5-2017/780#post_13218426

8. rkt31
    it is said that poly can be used with other dacs too by using suitable usb adapter having usb micro female at poly end. but i think that protruding usb part out of poly may be vulnerable to breakage in case of any bending by accidental cause. if it breaks then poly will be of no use or the repair will be too expensive imho. any comment from chord, whether they have taken care of that ? 

9. jarnopp

More worrisome in this case might be the plastic(?) pins that connect Poly to Mojo snapping off.

10. Pictograms

Hmm, I assumed they were aluminium extensions of the main shell

11. Bengkia369

Main shell is definitely aluminum, the weak areas are the connectors.

12. psikey
    Will be fine if used at home/work but wouldn't want it in my pocket while out & about without the case. The case is very nice & hopefully still going to be included when the Poly is released.

13. GreenBow
    Yeah I hope the case has either a strengthening plate. Or/and it pulls Mojo and Poly together making them difficult to bend because force pull together from each end.

I'm not after a Poly but I kind of hope it's a success. (In the back of my mind I might just one day get a Poly, but it's unlikely.)

14. jude Administrator

The case seems to me to hold the Mojo and Poly together very securely, and also has structure of its own (see below, and click on image to see larger size):

chord_poly-03267.jpg

15. Mojo ideas
    The shells are very tough aluminium the bosses either side of the two USBs are a very special internally reenforced plastic so they would be extremely difficult to shear off so don't worry we would never put out a weak product.

Peter Hyatt likes this.
First

Back
63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
Next

Last