Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 21, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #1,006 of 18,752
Chord have the rights to price the Poly whatever the price they wanted. You happy you can buy, you not happy can don't buy.

Agree.  We are in a free trading world 
biggrin.gif

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #1,007 of 18,752
Has it been confirmed from Chord, that BubbleUPnP is necessary to stream Tidal?

Also I remember reading that Bluetooth could be used to controle Poly.
This would be useful on a plain, especially when one is a little paranoid and won't use wlan on a plain :)

Cheers

There are several MPD clients which specifically mention bluetooth: http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Clients but I have no experience with them. I'm very hopeful most clients have a bluetooth option but haven't had much chance to test any (with a MPD server other than poly, obviously)

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #1,008 of 18,752
I assume that phone is just controller for upnp/dlna to maintain connection between Poly and server, therefore I see no bottleneck caused by phone.

Will Chord release thir own proprietary app to control upnp streaming, or will we use Volumio and likes?

Kinda offtopic, I've just got a deal on used qutehd. I like the Mojo so much that I wanted to have Chord flavour in my main setup as well. It will replace arcam irdac, and acrually i hope i will like qutehd more than gustard x20pro, which i returned recently due to the qc problem. I certainly do like Mojo more than I liked Gustard. More lively, more musical, less tiresome...

Jan 21, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #1,009 of 18,752
There are several MPD clients which specifically mention bluetooth: http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/Clients but I have no experience with them. I'm very hopeful most clients have a bluetooth option but haven't had much chance to test any (with a MPD server other than poly, obviously)

Interesting link, will take a closer look at this.
I wanted to know if Mojo_ideas said anything about the possibility to controle the playback (of files on the SD card) via Bluetooth instead of Wlan.

Cheers

Jan 23, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #1,011 of 18,752
My supplier informed me about the delivery for Poly in Belgium.
It will be April.
frown.gif
. It is transported by a turtle.   262 km in 65 days.

Too bad I can not buy directly from Chord.
I would have made a picture of "The medieval bridge"
wink_face.gif

The TToby is available now.

Jan 23, 2017 at 5:53 AM Post #1,012 of 18,752
It will be April.
frown.gif
. It is transported by a turtle.   262 km in 65 days.

I would have made a picture of "The medieval bridge"
wink_face.gif

May be there are so many speed breakers on the road from UK to Belgium :)

Jan 23, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #1,013 of 18,752

It will be April.:frowning2: . It is transported by a turtle.   262 km in 65 days.

I would have made a picture of "The medieval bridge":wink_face:

I too wish I could go direct - I live minutes away from their Pump House!

Jan 23, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #1,014 of 18,752

It will be April.:frowning2: . It is transported by a turtle.   262 km in 65 days.

I would have made a picture of "The medieval bridge":wink_face:

Guess It's the same here in Germany.
But maybe we get Poly a few days earlier, since it says available end of March :p
What's the price in Belgium? Also 650€?

Cheers

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #1,015 of 18,752
Anyone see any reason why I couldn't use Poly with a Hugo by connecting it via a male to female micro USB extension cable?  I know it wouldn't be pretty but it would mean I could stream from my NAS directly to Hugo whilst at home.

Jan 23, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #1,016 of 18,752
Yes it should but I think I read they may be bringing out a Hugo specific one too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jan 23, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #1,017 of 18,752
Thanks and yes I did see that Hugo 2 will have a module. I just figured as I had a Hugo 1 and Mojo I could use Poly for both, Hugo at home and Mojo when out and about. I am guessing the Hugo 2 module won't fit onto the Hugo 1 and would require a cable anyway.

Jan 23, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #1,018 of 18,752
  Anyone see any reason why I couldn't use Poly with a Hugo by connecting it via a male to female micro USB extension cable?  I know it wouldn't be pretty but it would mean I could stream from my NAS directly to Hugo whilst at home.

There is no issue. John Franks confirmed early on that the Poly is not limited to the Mojo.
So you will be able to connect to the Hugo using a cable.

Admittedly it will not look as stylish as plugging a Poly into a Mojo, but it does offer an interesting opportunity to explore the synergy between poly and Hugo. In effect you will have a competitor for microRendu and similar devices. 

Jan 23, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #1,020 of 18,752

Really looking forward to the user manual being on the Poly page of the Chord website. Totally understand that it my still be in development but will give us all a much better idea of the functionality and any associated apps like the Chord app in iTunes for the DSX1000. Do you plan to include the Poly case with the Poly or as an extra accessory? Mine is on order with HiFiHeadphones.ca and I can't wait but have faith that it will be worth it! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back