Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 8, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #8,552 of 18,752
Scroll by finger :L3000:
Yes it works with WiFi off! And it very good! Now we can disable WiFi start play music from SD with out glitches when poly trying connect to WiFi. Good job!

Nice, works for me.

Now, please give us in the next update accessability of a few functions of the app via x-callback url, so that we can quickly change from roon-mode back to airplay mode within a Workflow Script.

Thanks CHORD and apologys for maybe beeing to harsh, but now lets look forward.

Apr 8, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #8,553 of 18,752
Question for those who use Roon.

If I am using Roon does it mean I can stream MQA masters from Tidal?

Apr 8, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #8,554 of 18,752
Nice, works for me.

Now, please give us in the next update accessability of a few functions of the app via x-callback url, so that we can quickly change from roon-mode back to airplay mode within a Workflow Script.

Thanks CHORD and apologys for maybe beeing to harsh, but now lets look forward.
Noooooo please don't distract them from Android development!! :wink:

Apr 8, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #8,556 of 18,752
854573DF-96ED-4E87-AF0A-8EFD19F4598E.png

Yes, but i think it’s limited to the first unfolding which roon does, roon is doing this on the pc that acts as the core then sends the new music signal to the receiver - poly.

Though rob watts says his technology works better with non mqa sources.

Suppose there will be a bun fight over whether roon classifies mqa as lossless or not.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #8,557 of 18,752
Thanks for the answers. Might give the free trial a go.

Apr 8, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #8,559 of 18,752

Yes you can play them but Roon does not do any unfolding at the moment. It’s in their future plans. One caveat is the m designation for masters is not visible as it is in the desktop Tidal app.

Apr 8, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #8,560 of 18,752
Thanks for the answers. Might give the free trial a go.
Don’t signup via iTunes as it’s £25 a month vs £20 a month direct from tidal web site.
If you’re a student, you can get a discount too.

Apr 8, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #8,562 of 18,752
Wonderful news. I'm in a holding pattern right now as I received replacement Poly today, just finished the six-hour initial charge, and am now updating the firmware. Downloaded the app from the app store and waiting for the second round of twenty minutes to pass. Then, off to the races.

Well done Chord!

Apr 8, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #8,563 of 18,752
Anyone got playlists/quickplay working. None of my .m3u files seem to be detected, Theyre there in Glider.

Only playlists created and maintained by Glider will be synced as MPD playlists, but you can use the ... options button from the playlist view and choose 'Duplicate' to create a Glider-managed copy of an existing read-only playlist.

Apr 8, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #8,565 of 18,752
At home I use Roon, but now with GoFigure I'm trying to determine which of the many playback models to use when I go out with Poly, using either the SD card or Tidal as the source.

Here's what I see as the options:

Quickplay mode. Certainly easy and instant, but the playback model reminds me of the iPod Shuffle. Not good if you're looking to play an album. I've made some Playlists in Glider, but am searching for a Mac OS X tool for building playlists quicker/easier.

Bluetooth only: I can play Tidal (online/offline) and HF Player (44.1 PCM). But Glider doesn't seem to work in a Bluetooth-only mode, so I can't access SD card files. (Note: Just because GoFigure can see the Poly over BT, it doesn't mean it's paired. You must manually pair in Settings/Bluetooth to get this working)

AirPlay mode: Works, but both devices need to be connected to some kind of wifi (and no access to SD card content).

iPhone Hotspot mode: I turned on my iPhone's Personal Hotspot and connected my Poly to it, but the connection drops constantly (on my iPhone X the blue background behind the clock is constantly turning on and off). Glider couldn't see my Music Library. I can't get this working.

Poly Hotspot mode:
I can get this working, but swapping between Roon and requires quite a few steps: settings page/changing wifi networks/logging in/hitting cancel/Use Without Internet. And seems you must use the Manual-IP-with-no-gateway trick or your iPhone loses Internet connectivity. GoFigure makes this easier, but it's not the simple button push swap from Roon mode I was hoping for—am I missing something?

And maybe there's more?

Cheers,
muski

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back