1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536
538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547
Next

Last
  1. Signal2Noise
    ^
    In addition to a "Like" button we need a "Okay, whatever" button for cases like this. :wink:

NaiveSound and Amberlamps like this.
  2. Peter Hyatt
    Thanks, Matt, for the update. I noted the "battery health" beta added. This was a significant update.

Happy Passover tonight to Jewish friends & Happy Easter to Christian friends.

supervisor likes this.
  3. Peter Hyatt
    PS; regarding battery, I have had interesting conversations with posters here, privately and at Mojo and Hugo 2 threads.

With the iOS update they have included "battery health" link to the following:

https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

I am interesting in any comments on this and if Matt, Rob or other experts can weigh in, it would be quite valuable.

4. miketlse
    A happy and peaceful celebration to everyone.

Peter Hyatt and supervisor like this.
  5. Signal2Noise
    Seriously???

It's been 6 months now interspersed with promises of "next week". GoFigure is just as mythical as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny (keeping things in a festive spirit :wink: ). It's come down to "I'll believe it when I see it!".

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    NaiveSound likes this.
  6. DavidW
    Riding (not driving!) along I-95 from DC to Philadelphia for the holiday weekend listening to the new Miles Davis & John Coltrane album on the Mojo/Poly with my Focal Clears. Great music by great musicians on great gear.

So a few new issues with the Poly using Glider:

1) When listening to music, I noticed that about every ten minutes or so the music stutters (or very briefly stops) and then it speeds up as it to catch up to the proper placement as if there were no delays.

2) Less often, the volume steps down quite a bit. I have to stop, terminate Glider, and then restart the track where the volume is restored to the proper level.

3) When listening to hi res music, Glider reports: “AIFF, 96k, 24 bit”. The Mojo is red indicating 44.1kHz.

Any thoughts about these behaviors?

7. huangwan
    Matt,
    Thanks for the update, we will all be glad when GoFigure is released (BIN THE PIN).

The other night a friend wanted to listen to the MoPoly, but I told him, next time. I was kind of embarrassed, I didn't want to hear grief about the cost and the pin interface as I wasn't home and MoPoly was in Roon mode. Which leads me to another question, will MoPoly be fully Roon certified when, or shortly after the release of GoFigure? I'm not bashing you guys, I get it.

8. ZappaMan
    if you're using an iphone, the volume can dip if you have some other sort of notification happening, like a new mail arrives (from memory !)

9. ZappaMan
    I've been without my mojopoly for a few weeks. I've been taking the time to listen to music on my previous gear, which was my pc which has the stx essense 2 sound card which has a dedicated headphone amp, and just my iphone. And the way the mojo is breathing so much more life into the music is really astounding. I recommend everyone goes without their mojo for a while and come back to it again, as i know after a while, you can't remember what is was like before you started using mojo.

10. NaiveSound
    What about Android, why does that have to be delayed?

11. Signal2Noise
    They have one kid locked in a room working on both platforms. First iOS then "six weeks later" Android.

I've been pondering this today: I hope iOS GoFigure app will be functional on older iOS versions. I do not use an iPhone and my 4th Gen iPad is maxed out on v 10.3, it cannot be updated to 11.x. Otherwise I will be waiting around for the Android iteration. Hurry up, kid! :wink:

BryanNguyen and NaiveSound like this.
  12. ZappaMan
    I wanted to use an older iphone 5 as a roon remote, but the max version of the IOS on iphone 5, is less than the minimum required for Roon... sadly. you may experience same here, because of the ble integration etc, it could be latest version of IOS dependent.

13. Phil Townsend
    Who builds a great case for the Mojo/Poly combo?
    Thanks
    Lurking since 2004...

Oh almost forgot...
    Who builds a good case for the iSine20? The one it ships with is useless because you must remove the earclips befor you show it.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks again.

14. AudioBear
    1. Could be an incoming e-mail or some other iOS activity. Mine doesn't do that.

2. No idea, never had this happen

3. You are probably listening via Airplay rather than the Poly server. Are you using your phone or poly as a hotspot, or is there wi-fi in whatever you are riding in? Check in Glider what the icon is at the bottom of the play screen. If it looks like a little TV and says Poly you're on airplay. If it's a Mojo-like icon you should be using Poly as a renderer, but maybe not because for me on Glider when I play 96K I see the green light.

15. supervisor
    this happens to me, but never while using Glider/SD card. only when using iPhone hotspot mode and streaming from my phone. and usually only happens on the NYC subway which i imagine has loads of interference.

First

Back
527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536
538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547
Next

Last