Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 27, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #7,951 of 18,742
Mar 27, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #7,952 of 18,742
Just tried Roon playback again- to my surprise I no longer get the "track unavailable on Tidal" error message.
Not sure what, if anything changed, but I finally get to enjoy Poly+Roon!

To that point, Poly still seems to be uncertified- hopefully the Roon guys get around to certifying it soon!

P.S Interestingly enough, I only get a red light from Mojo when playing an MQA Tidal track on Roon- which is 44.1 kHz;

I was only able to go up to orange (48.1 kHz)- anyone care to enlighten me on whether this is to be expected? Thanks!

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 5:10 PM Post #7,953 of 18,742
I did have to fully charge my replacement before it behaved well, but since, I’d say up to 5 seconds for Poly to turn on. So, not instantaneous, but reliable and way better than before. Maybe 2 seconds normally. I think I noticed one time it didn’t start up and I had to switch Mojo off and on again and it started right up.
Just tried Roon playback again- to my surprise I no longer get the "track unavailable on Tidal" error message.
Not sure what, if anything changed, but I finally get to enjoy Poly+Roon!

To that point, Poly still seems to be uncertified- hopefully the Roon guys get around to certifying it soon!

P.S Interestingly enough, I only get a red light from Mojo when playing an MQA Tidal track on Roon- which is 44.1 kHz;

I was only able to go up to orange (48.1 kHz)- anyone care to enlighten me on whether this is to be expected? Thanks!

I think that the Roon app will not do any unfolding of the Tidal MQA stream, so all Poly sees is 44.1 or 48, whatever the base file is in. The Tidal app on a PC or Mac is capable of doing the first software unfolding. But, MQA is of dubious benefit, anyway. See: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/...-of-controversies-concerns-and-cautions-r701/

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #7,954 of 18,742
I think that the Roon app will not do any unfolding of the Tidal MQA stream, so all Poly sees is 44.1 or 48, whatever the base file is in. The Tidal app on a PC or Mac is capable of doing the first software unfolding. But, MQA is of dubious benefit, anyway. See: https://www.computeraudiophile.com/...-of-controversies-concerns-and-cautions-r701/
Roon currently does not do the first unfolding as is currently done in the Tidal app, however they have said it is in the works. The dubious benefit is another conversation that seems to have occupied multiple gigabits on the internet :speaking_head::)

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #7,955 of 18,742
Mar 27, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #7,956 of 18,742

Right...but any other song I played had red and nothing else as well. Unless everything on Tidal HiFi is 44.1/48 kHz

Mar 27, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #7,957 of 18,742
Right...but any other song I played had red and nothing else as well. Unless everything on Tidal HiFi is 44.1/48 kHz

Yes, from: http://tidal.com/us/video/lossless-explained

upload_2018-3-27_15-24-21.png

Mar 27, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #7,959 of 18,742
So I just have to share a *WOW* moment. I'm still finding my way around the Poly and appreciate all the guidance so far, but I got home tonight and in place of using Glider (which I can and do use) I selected JRemote, placed the Poly in hybrid mode, and the new Miles Davis & John Coltrane - The Final Tour album streamed to my Poly (I'm listening to "So What" right now!). I was really surprised how easy that worked. The real beauty is that I can stream and more importantly listen to any part of my music library anywhere that I have an internet or a cellular connection. This is what I was hoping for when I first heard the Mojo/Poly at the 2017 NYC CanJam. And now it's here.

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #7,960 of 18,742
@DavidW you may want to try with another smaller SD card and see if that works...
the fact that you see the Poly server in Glider means the card is properly inserted, but Glider not being able to read the content makes me wonder if your card is faulty.

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #7,961 of 18,742
Hi @Mojo ideas - well its been another week.
Any updates on Android app availability? Does the original release schedule still stand?
Any news on firmware update to resolve WiFi glitches / dropping off the network?
MPD component update to resolve missing MP3 indexing?
Many thanks!

The answer ought to be the same as it has always been: Six weeks after the release of the iOS version. Why not settle with that answer the first time?

Mar 28, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #7,962 of 18,742
Regarding Android availability, why does it have to be dependent on iOS? If apple is indeed holding things up wouldn't it make sense to have android available first. I have both iOS and Android so as long as one is available I'm ok.

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #7,963 of 18,742
I had considered that, but nope. Satellite has a far stronger signal in that particular room (and the orbi’s signal is so weak it causes dropouts).

I have never been so frustrated by a product in my life. Poly has the wifi performance of a 10 year old device that cost $50
I've been troubleshooting some issues I've been having with my Poly directly with Mitch at Chord, who has been very helpful and responsive.

I've got a Netgear Orbi which we think might be introducing some issues. Mitch confirmed that it's likely to be a few further firmware revisions before all the various wifi issues are resolved, due to the number of variables with people's set ups.
Hi Andrew,this is my first post on here, (I received my poly about a week ago,). I to have an Orbi mesh system in place. At first I couldn’t get the poly to connect, so I then hooked up my old time capsule and some extenders to broadcast a 2.4 signal, with iOS did, but i found i immediately had drop off, stutter issues with it :/, with someone’s advice on here, I set up a guest network. But Just didnt want to use it like this. I then renamed my network to the original name and added 2.4Ghz behind my network name. And since have been able to get Poly to connect to my network.

It still has some stutter issues, but it isn’t terrible, i hooked Roon up this AM, and it has been great for the most part. I find that glider works sometimes, and also AK connect.
this whole this has been super time consuming. And the best result i have found is to spend another 500$ to purchase Roon, which i a route that i really didnt want to go down.

i emailed Chord a few days ago, but still haven’t heard anything back. Hopefully i hear from them soon, and maybe they can help walk me through what i have going on.i justly thought I’d reply to you, because you are also using an Orbi system.

Mar 28, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #7,964 of 18,742
Glider over wifi works very well now. I wish I could say the same for Qobuz over Airplay, but that drops every time I settle in for a listening session (and usually just as I am getting really emotionally involved into the music!). IThe Qobuz app loses Poly, and will then play through the iPad. Last night I tried to reconnect it, and the same thing happened almost instantly. So, back to Glider I went and no further problems. So who to blame - Qobuz, Airplay, Poly, all or a combination of thereof? Who knows. I don't even know how to start trying to sort that out. Perhaps it would be better over Poly Hotspot, if/when GoFigure appears I will try.

>sigh<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back