1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Matt Bartlett, Jan 5, 2017.
First

Back
505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514
516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525
Next

Last
  1. StevieDvd
    The concern is the app control commands being accepted by IOS in the newer versions rather than the hardware. When an OS change is made the app developers make sure their code still produces the same end result.

If, for example, airplay was changed to use higher resolution music files an app might need to be adapted to support that option. The OS 'should' treat the calls from unchanged apps as before and only activate the new code if the app is aware of the new options.

For the non-coders here it's like a menu. If you keep the order the same and just add the new items to the end - those who always order number 9 of 21 (the hamburger special) should still get that. Those who order number 22 knowing it's been added will get the newly added chilli burger. If you re-sort the menu then item 9 could be the salad!!!

Hope that makes sense

carapau, Kmag76 and FictionMan like this.
  2. Gr8h8m
    The DSD setting has no effect when "Other" is checked. It's supposed to be for the Roon setting, but I haven't bothered with Roon whatsoever so no idea if it works.
    I play DSD files natively from the SD card using MPD - works fine but currently (like MP3s) the files aren't catalogued to the library, you have to navigate directly to the files.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  3. smaragd
    I have both .flac and .DSD files on my Poly’s mSD card. With Glider I’m playing the whole library at random... if in the random “playlist” there is a DSD file it will be played back by Glider regardless. So pretty happy about that ... ^_^
    This is with the latest Glider beta and with iOS beta 11.3 5th beta.

4. PANURUS
    I have searched on this tread about:
    Android DSD BubbleUPnP and i just found this.
    To use DSD files with BubbleUPnP, you have to select in parameters : audio decodage with FFmpeg.
    I have downloaded a dsd file on my S8 and it works.

masterpfa likes this.
  5. Gr8h8m
    Does Mojo light up with white ball indicating native DSD? I can get them to play this way but it indicates that its transcoding to eg 192khz PCM.

6. PANURUS
    No. By default 192khz 16 bits but it is possible to select an another bitrate, LPCM or wav format.

7. Gr8h8m
    Sure - obviously it's good to find a method to play DSD files in Bubble/uPnP somehow, but really you want to play them natively without transcoding.

8. Bengkia369
    How do u guys carry your Chord Mojo-Poly around?!
    I'm using a Vannuys carrying pouch, love it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. PANURUS
    I have not DSD files.

I prefer the wav format and before Bubbleupnp 2.9.3 i was transcoding my Flac files in wav and i did not like to play the flac files from Qobuz.

But now with 2.9.3, Bubble transcodes Flac in Wav. Yesterday i had compared M.A.L.P. (with wav files on SDcard in Poly)

and the same Wav files with Bubbleupnp.

I prefer BubbleUPnP.

I had found near the same difference that Qobuz in flac or in wav with Bubbleupnp. The difference is more audible then with the filter of the Hugo2 or the Dave. But a lot of people can not describe this thing.

10. Gr8h8m
    All things being equal, and if both are configured correctly for bit-perfect playback, there should be no difference between MALP (or another MPD client) and Bubble. Bit-perfect is bit-perfect! The only difference I've found with SD playback is that you are less at risk of network issues with MPD as opposed to other methods as far less data is being sent round the network.

11. supervisor
    received my replacement Poly, and no more power-on issues, but am now experiencing a new issue--somewhat power related?

when attempting to put the Poly into Access Point Mode to enter the configuration screen -OR- when rebooting and saving settings from Access Point Mode, the Poly just shuts off (instead of entering APM or going into regular "Other/DLNA" mode). the lady tells me we're entering APM but then the power light just goes out.

it's not until I power off the Mojo and power the Poly back on am I able to actually see Poly's flashing lights that its entered APM (or solid blue for Other/DLNA mode).

:/

12. PANURUS
    Edit

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  13. Cloten
    I have exactly the same problem (also a replacement Poly). I've got used to it, but it further diminishes the convenience of the MojoPoly combination.

supervisor likes this.
  14. supervisor
    good to know someone else is experiencing this--thanks.

15. Cloten
    As we wait for the promised land of GoFigure, here are some reflections on how the Poly is working for me: after recent Glider updates, music playback is mostly stable from the SD card using the Poly's hotspot. I mostly have to shut down and restart Glider in order to get music playback to begin, but I'm used to that now, and only occasionally do I get the problem of Glider seeing multiple Polys. Using Tidal offline also works, but Tidal and Glider clearly compete for use of the Poly, so that switching between them requires considerable patience, completely shutting down both before starting one or the other. The result is that starting listening takes anything from 1 to 5 minutes. It does, however, sound superb. Oddly, it sounds considerably better from the SD card than from Tidal offline. Glider also plays quite a lot louder; I wonder why (both apps are at max volume).

First

Back
505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514
516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525
Next

Last