Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 10, 2018 at 4:01 AM Post #7,577 of 18,752
I tried that way but if I disconnect the phone (when using the phone hotspot) I have continuous drops in sound. It seems Poly needs to keep connected to a network (being the phone hotspot or the router) to playing without drops.

If you're having drop outs it means you're using DLNA instead of MPD... DLNA relies on a network to stream.
Force close Glider and reboot the Poly... restart Glider and it will attempt to use MPD first.
Best keep into hotspot mode for MPD as suggested.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #7,578 of 18,752
If you're having drop outs it means you're using DLNA instead of MPD... DLNA relies on a network to stream.
Force close Glider and reboot the Poly... restart Glider and it will attempt to use MPD first.
No that's not right - it will repeatedly drop out and glitch horribly if you try setting up an MPD playlist over a WiFi network and then subsequently disconnect from that network as it searches to connect to a different network. So dumb that audio streaming isn't prioritised over everything right now - it may need a WiFi radio firmware update. Current hoop to jump through to resolve this is to set the playlist running with Poly in hotspot mode.
One more reason why Bluetooth playback control of playlists / Airplane mode will make using Poly so much more pleasant!

Mar 10, 2018 at 4:25 AM Post #7,579 of 18,752
No that's not right - it will repeatedly drop out and glitch horribly if you try setting up an MPD playlist over a WiFi network and then subsequently disconnect from that network as it searches to connect to a different network. So dumb that audio streaming isn't prioritised over everything right now - it may need a WiFi radio firmware update. Current hoop to jump through to resolve this is to set the playlist running with Poly in hotspot mode.
One more reason why Bluetooth playback control of playlists / Airplane mode will make using Poly so much more pleasant!

I didn't say setting up an MPD playlist over wifi... the playlist should be stored on the mSD card... :wink:

Mar 10, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #7,580 of 18,752
I didn't say setting up an MPD playlist over wifi... the playlist should be stored on the mSD card... :wink:
Of course - but you'll need a WiFi connection to Poly, whether in hotspot mode or other, to start it playing. Its nuts that it glitches out as everything is right there on the SD card and no network streaming necessary, but it does!!

Mar 10, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #7,581 of 18,752

I have Glider but mainly I use MPDluxe cause I have my whole library in AIFF so when creating a playlist with MPDluxe and then I disconnect the Poly from the network (being the phone hotspot or router) I have continuous drops.
I prefer not to use Poly hotspot cause this way My Poly’s battery drains faster and when disconnected from the netwrok Poly is available to anyone to connect to it (it’s an open hotspot network)

Mar 10, 2018 at 5:08 AM Post #7,582 of 18,752
I have Glider but mainly I use MPDluxe cause I have my whole library in AIFF so when creating a playlist with MPDluxe and then I disconnect the Poly from the network (being the phone hotspot or router) I have continuous drops.
I prefer not to use Poly hotspot cause this way My Poly’s battery drains faster and when disconnected from the netwrok Poly is available to anyone to connect to it (it’s an open hotspot network)[/QUOTE

What will be the IP/hostname you used in MPDluxe when Poly connects to your iphone hotspot?

Mar 10, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #7,586 of 18,752
Thank you for this info.

Generaly i use Bubbleupnp but now i understand maybe why Glider is the solution for IOS. Glider uses MPD and DLNA.

I confirm with MPD control

So for android user, a new firmware will be welcome for MPD because:
I hope one day to be able to start my playlist at home and go in my garden without smartphone and to listen without dropout and without to use the Gofigure App to change the configuration of Poly.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #7,587 of 18,752
From my understanding, once the GoFigure app is live, we should be able to start a playlist stored on the mSD card within the app without a WiFi connection. GoFigure would be using the Bluetooth Low Energy connection instead.

Mar 10, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #7,588 of 18,752
Thank you for this info.

Generaly i use Bubbleupnp but now i understand maybe why Glider is the solution for IOS. Glider uses MPD and DLNA.

I confirm with MPDelux.

I hope one day to be able to start my playlist at home and go in my garden without smartphone and to listen without dropout and without to use the Gofigure App to change the configuration of Poly.

Now i must go in the shop of my friend to explain this. It takes me 2 years but he sales Chord since a week. The first shop in Wallonnie with Hugo2, Mojo and Poly.
The Qutest and the 2go as soon as possible.

I show him how to configure the Poly tuesday on android. He was glad.
The first impression for Poly is good.
Have you also pointed out the wiki containing tips etc?

Mar 10, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #7,590 of 18,752
Thank you for this info.

I confirm with MPDelux.

Now i must go in the shop of my friend to explain this. It takes me 2 years but he sales Chord since a week. The first shop in Wallonnie with Hugo2, Mojo and Poly.
The Qutest and the 2go as soon as possible.

I show him how to configure the Poly tuesday on android. He was glad.
The first impression for Poly is good.
So long as both your phone & Poly are connected to your home network it's perfectly plausible for you to do what you want to do.
Fwiw M.A.L.P (an MPD client) is by far the best Android app I've found for playing music from the SD card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back